Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I ended up having to go with Wilwood rears to clear the 15" rears, but the wilwood red and bullet brembo red colors are an exact match. They must use the same powdercoat color haha

IMG_1619-HDR.jpg
Nice! But no e-brake?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
word. this is retarded. there's nothing wrong with not having brembos in the rear.
Right up there with putting a GT badge on an ecoboost, hate these fake mods :(

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This is a cool mod and great write up, great detail here.

Caliber; The diameter of the inside of a round cylinder, such as a tube.

Caliper; The assembly housing the brake pads in a disc brake.
What's the point of comparing these 2 some sort of word smith, cyber professors ? Legend in his own mind trying to find an imagined fault with a post?

That someone else took the time & made the effort to inform. Then along comes some dufus trying to taint the work and puff his own ego ........... pathetic my friend.

In guns, particularly firearms, caliber (or calibre; sometimes abbreviated as " cal ") is the specified nominal internal diameter of the gun barrel bore – regardless of how or where the bore is measured and whether the finished bore matches that specification. [1] It is measured in inches or in millimeters.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Would the large covers fit the front?

Sponsored

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
2020 Lol! If you want the brakes to look right, buy a real mustang! A 5.0! Don't use covers, that's stupid!
2023 Hey! Were can I get caliper covers for my GT?!!
#thiswebsite #Idontunderstandthesepeople

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
2020 Lol! If you want the brakes to look right, buy a real mustang! A 5.0! Don't use covers, that's stupid!
2023 Hey! Were can I get caliper covers for my GT?!!
#thiswebsite #Idontunderstandthesepeople
you can take the ricer out the rice but not the rice out the ricer :D

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What's the point of comparing these 2 some sort of word smith, cyber professors ? Legend in his own mind trying to find an imagined fault with a post?

That someone else took the time & made the effort to inform. Then along comes some dufus trying to taint the work and puff his own ego ........... pathetic my friend.

In guns, particularly firearms, caliber (or calibre; sometimes abbreviated as " cal ") is the specified nominal internal diameter of the gun barrel bore – regardless of how or where the bore is measured and whether the finished bore matches that specification. [1] It is measured in inches or in millimeters.
Did you even read the OPs response to this or our back and forth? You’re a jackass trying to puff your ego under the guise of being an altruist.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Hello everyone!
So just as a lot of you guys, I'm dreading the look of the rear calipers on my GT 2020 when the front BREMBO calibers looks great!

I looked into painting the calipers, but it both was a PITA job along with the result of just making an ugly caliper visible.
When I turned to covers, I realized that there was a lot of options and with different results and work needed.

My goal was that it should be easy to do myself, it should be fairly cheap and I wanted a solution where it was possible to take the brakes on/off for maintenance without having to cut off or ruin the covers.

This is what I used for the project:
- Caliper covers size large
- BREMBO Sticker
- Graphite grey spray paint (Find something that matches as good as possible - this was what I could get in Denmark)
- Automotive clearcoat (I found something from the same brand as the paint)
- Heat resistant silicone sealant (I found some heat resistant gasket silicone for 250degrees C (482 degrees F))
- Different tools and stuff explained through the guide.

Preparation of the original caliper:
Org. rear red.jpg

I brushed off any dirt with a steel brush in my dremel tool and afterwards I cleaned it with petrol based cleaning agent and then isopropanyl. I only cleaned the marked area since that was where it would bind.

Covers:
Covers painted.jpg

The covers needs to be cut a little to fit since they are universal. I have no pictures of this process but I did it with a fresh box cutter blade and I kept cutting a little, test fit, cut again, test fit, and so on untill it was as wanted.
I took off the screws and fake brake lines. sanded the covers with fine grid for prepping it for paint. Then I painted then with 4 coats of paint and made it cure for 24 hours.

Then wet sanded it with very fine grip the both make the small flaws in the paint go away along with making it better for binding with clearcoat.

On with the stickers - might be the most tricky part to get it straight and looking good.
After the stickers has been added it is time for clear coat.
IMPORTANT! First coat of clear has to be very thin since too much will dissolve the adhesive on the stickers and make them wobble and ugly... and YES!... I did that the first time and had to sand down both covers again and start over, so make sure you're careful here!
Afterwards I glued the screws back on along with the bleed valve. I used epoxy for this.

Comparison:
Compared.jpg

In the picture the color is more off that real. Have in mind that the front brakes aren't painted and in this picture the caliper is away from light under a fender while the cover hand held out where the light makes it look brighter.

Mounting:
Caliber with adhessive.jpg
Cover with adhessive.jpg
Cover mounted and pressurxed.jpg

The silicone was added in the caliber as well as on the cover. I used a finger to spread it to make it stick better (on the cover the black lines are markings of where it will sit on the caliber). After spreading it, I added a little more on both parts to make sure it would bond together nicely.

Afterwards when pressing it on the caliper I went to town the tape to make it sit still and correct for a couple of days to make completely sure that it had cured.

Polish and coating:
Cover mounted and done.jpg

After it had cured I polished them with 2500 polish compound and then coated them with CarPro CQuartz 3.0. ANd I can tell you that they are hardly picking up any dust and they are very easy to clean!

Before and after:
1688850435895.jpeg

_DSC0609.jpg

_DSC0622.jpg

Final thoughts...

This was an easy project and it requires no special tools or expensive parts. It is not perfect and when you know what to look for, you can easily still see the original bracket.
It could have been done a lot prettier but I had a priority of easy maintenance as stated in the beginning.

I am really happy with the result and I can only recommend to go for it.

If you have any questions regarding this guide just hit me. Due to logistics since I'm in Denmark I might not be helpful with where you're able to find the parts others than the covers and stickers. And even those you might be able to find cheaper/easier than I could here in We-hate-funny-cars-part-of-the-world, haha!

Happy modding!

@MrBD1348 @StangTime @Roy_Steeda @ing3nious @WhitemarePP @LarsenGrind
I like your mod and the time you took to write it Thank You
I mod my Mustang for my liking and will do this mod

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I found these cheap on ebay for a s197 and made them work...Painted the bottom half of the bracket black. It looks fine to me, the stock brakes are really ugly.

I'm hoping maybe the S650 rear brembo's will bolt on but in the end I really don't need them. With the Front Brembo's and SS lines. It will break your neck. lol

1689203046939.png

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I found these cheap on ebay for a s197 and made them work...Painted the bottom half of the bracket black. It looks fine to me, the stock brakes are really ugly.

I'm hoping maybe the S650 rear brembo's will bolt on but in the end I really don't need them. With the Front Brembo's and SS lines. It will break your neck. lol

1689203046939.png
That looks great

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang

1689203046939.png
is it metal? Link?

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Am I the only one who thinks these covers will melt after heavy brake usage??

I personally think putting covers on brakes is a particular trashy modification, but to each their own...

Unless these covers are metal even under moderate brake use up in the mountains you'll have a whole bunch of red plastic all up in your brakes.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge