Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Am I the only one who thinks these covers will melt after heavy brake usage??

I personally think putting covers on brakes is a particular trashy modification, but to each their own...

Unless these covers are metal even under moderate brake use up in the mountains you'll have a whole bunch of red plastic all up in your brakes.
Mine are metal.

I've seen the OP's on ebay and I think they are plastic. So those might.

If there was ever a way to get GT350 rears for cheap I would do it but until then. These cover up the hideous calipers.
Sponsored

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for taking the time to figure this out and mod your car. I have a GT performance pack car and I’m not real sure why they put a nice looking Brembo on the front and a stock looking brake on the back. I’m guessing it may have something to do with cooling for the rear brake and the Allmighty dollar. I’m thinking of modding mine but I may just repaint mine. You mod your car the way you want. You bought it with your hard earned $$. Visiting Mustang week for the last few years has shown me that there are a lot of different takes on what a Mustang should be. All in all that’s what makes the community great. I also ride bikes. I have a lot of friends that tell me I should own a Harley. I don’t. I love the 2 bikes I have. They tell me that Harleys are individual and I should get with the program. I then point out to them the six identical Harleys passing by as we talk. So much for individuality. This is what makes Mustangs and Hot Rodding something special. The Hot Rod Power Tour that went to Rockingham a few weeks ago was awesome. So many different cars, trucks and other vehicles. They went from mild to wild. Heck theu even had a hot rodded UPS type truck with a giant wing and a Good humor Ice Cream truck. A Hot rod & custom world of all the same cars would be boring. My congratulations go out to all those who made the best of what they had no matter what it is. This is what customization is.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I bought and installed the Brembo front brake upgrade kit. After looking at it for a few weeks I wanted it to stand out just a tad more than the stock appearance. I figured that the face part is all I needed to work on. So I sanded the front face part first. I also bought a custom made spray can of Rapid Red (without the clear coat) and ordered Brembo decals (to size) from an Etsy supplier.
btw, I had painted the rear calipers standard red
20220910_210312.jpg
with paint from a well known internet supplier. I also ordered (to size) Coyote decals.

20230505_181446.jpg

20230505_152241.jpg

Sponsored

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
I bought and installed the Brembo front brake upgrade kit. After looking at it for a few weeks I wanted it to stand out just a tad more than the stock appearance. I figured that the face part is all I needed to work on. So I sanded the front face part first. I also bought a custom made spray can of Rapid Red (without the clear coat) and ordered Brembo decals (to size) from an Etsy supplier.

20230505_152241.jpg
Link for the front sticker Etsy seller?

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
These look fantastic, I wish they would fit over our PP1 Brembos. Ford really cheaped out with design of these Brembos. Not only that, this car has the worst brake dust I’ve ever seen on top of having very different to clean wheels. I would totally buy a set of bright red caliper covers if it was a direct fit for the PP1.

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
The only ones I see that fit performance pack cars are these cheaper looking ones

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Reply back on how those white brembo stickers look in a couple months. Spoiler.... They'll be black. I clearcoated em too to no avail. It looks fantastic when you freshly do them but reality sets in later. I just put mine back to stock this weekend.

Wish the op and anyone else who does this hack better luck.

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Reply back on how those white brembo stickers look in a couple months. Spoiler.... They'll be black. I clearcoated em too to no avail. It looks fantastic when you freshly do them but reality sets in later. I just put mine back to stock this weekend.

Wish the op and anyone else who does this hack better luck.
Thanks for your support. I will get back towards the end of the year to see how well you did.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Fake rear brembos not a mod i will ever be doing but it is the world we live in today . Fake it till you make it . Instagram where many people who look like they are living the life are actually living the lie .. Each to their own i suppose but i don't approve , :facepalm:

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for your support. I will get back towards the end of the year to see how well you did.
On my Lexus I put on white caliper decals and they were just fine for 2+ years. Didn’t clear coat or do anything after applying them and they were still bright white after cleaning my car. These cars have serious brake dust but I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you tbh

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I painted my fronts red and the rears black so they’re kept clean and tidy but disappear behind the wheel
IMG_2510.jpeg

Stevo59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP1 Convertible
To @RasJeremy: really nice work. Thanks for the tutorial!

Without opening the door again to the “purist” I’ve attached my solution for my 2020 GT, which was available from AOOA Racing. If you contact them directly you can order rear covers only for $150. The color is Volcanic Gray and IMHO it’s close enough to the Brembo gray on the front when they aren’t side by side. All metal and well made.

Not as good looking as @RasJeremy mod, but a lot easier. Three coats of VHT over the decal and I was done. I’ve attached photos of OEM front and covered rear

IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg
Sponsored