Sponsored

Homie.S281

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang -2000 Saleen
Wow this is pretty bad ass I have to try it out because I hate the way they look too especially since I did my frontgreen lol

IMG_5520.jpeg
Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Found these covers on Amazon. They have the BREMBO logo on them already. You might give this a try.

NIPPYCM 8 Colors Universal ABS Plastic Car 3D Disc Brake Caliper Covers with Logos Front Rear Auto Accessories Kit (2PCS https://a.co/d/iSLWteE

IMG_1735.png

Last edited:

Homie.S281

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang -2000 Saleen
No I do not. But the mod is easy. If you would like I can walk you thru the process
Ok thanks yea I’m gona look into this cuz these is definitely way cheaper and easier route to go then actually getting some brembos in the back lol

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started out with the raised logo. I sanded it off, (easy with 300 grit then finish 800 and a fine polish with 1000 or 1500), it takes about 45 mins per caliper cover. I also removed the tube and filled it in with some 5 min epoxy before sanding

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Great mod and great write up. This should be a sticky

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Not to spoil the fun, but why put Brembo logo on a caliper that has absolutely nothing to do with Brembo ? This is as much of most ordinary single piston caliper as they come.

People with Base GT front calipers sticking Brembo logos on them were laughed at, this is about 10 times worse IMO.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Hello everyone!
So just as a lot of you guys, I'm dreading the look of the rear calipers on my GT 2020 when the front BREMBO calibers looks great!

I looked into painting the calipers, but it both was a PITA job along with the result of just making an ugly caliper visible.
When I turned to covers, I realized that there was a lot of options and with different results and work needed.

My goal was that it should be easy to do myself, it should be fairly cheap and I wanted a solution where it was possible to take the brakes on/off for maintenance without having to cut off or ruin the covers.

This is what I used for the project:
- Caliper covers size large
- BREMBO Sticker
- Graphite grey spray paint (Find something that matches as good as possible - this was what I could get in Denmark)
- Automotive clearcoat (I found something from the same brand as the paint)
- Heat resistant silicone sealant (I found some heat resistant gasket silicone for 250degrees C (482 degrees F))
- Different tools and stuff explained through the guide.

Preparation of the original caliper:
Org. rear red.jpg

I brushed off any dirt with a steel brush in my dremel tool and afterwards I cleaned it with petrol based cleaning agent and then isopropanyl. I only cleaned the marked area since that was where it would bind.

Covers:
Covers painted.jpg

The covers needs to be cut a little to fit since they are universal. I have no pictures of this process but I did it with a fresh box cutter blade and I kept cutting a little, test fit, cut again, test fit, and so on untill it was as wanted.
I took off the screws and fake brake lines. sanded the covers with fine grid for prepping it for paint. Then I painted then with 4 coats of paint and made it cure for 24 hours.

Then wet sanded it with very fine grip the both make the small flaws in the paint go away along with making it better for binding with clearcoat.

On with the stickers - might be the most tricky part to get it straight and looking good.
After the stickers has been added it is time for clear coat.
IMPORTANT! First coat of clear has to be very thin since too much will dissolve the adhesive on the stickers and make them wobble and ugly... and YES!... I did that the first time and had to sand down both covers again and start over, so make sure you're careful here!
Afterwards I glued the screws back on along with the bleed valve. I used epoxy for this.

Comparison:
Compared.jpg

In the picture the color is more off that real. Have in mind that the front brakes aren't painted and in this picture the caliper is away from light under a fender while the cover hand held out where the light makes it look brighter.

Mounting:
Caliber with adhessive.jpg
Cover with adhessive.jpg
Cover mounted and pressurxed.jpg

The silicone was added in the caliber as well as on the cover. I used a finger to spread it to make it stick better (on the cover the black lines are markings of where it will sit on the caliber). After spreading it, I added a little more on both parts to make sure it would bond together nicely.

Afterwards when pressing it on the caliper I went to town the tape to make it sit still and correct for a couple of days to make completely sure that it had cured.

Polish and coating:
Cover mounted and done.jpg

After it had cured I polished them with 2500 polish compound and then coated them with CarPro CQuartz 3.0. ANd I can tell you that they are hardly picking up any dust and they are very easy to clean!

Before and after:
1688850435895.jpeg

_DSC0609.jpg

_DSC0622.jpg

Final thoughts...

This was an easy project and it requires no special tools or expensive parts. It is not perfect and when you know what to look for, you can easily still see the original bracket.
It could have been done a lot prettier but I had a priority of easy maintenance as stated in the beginning.

I am really happy with the result and I can only recommend to go for it.

If you have any questions regarding this guide just hit me. Due to logistics since I'm in Denmark I might not be helpful with where you're able to find the parts others than the covers and stickers. And even those you might be able to find cheaper/easier than I could here in We-hate-funny-cars-part-of-the-world, haha!

Happy modding!

@MrBD1348 @StangTime @Roy_Steeda @ing3nious @WhitemarePP @LarsenGrind
If you were doing front and rear what size caliper cover would you order?

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Send more photos of the wheels :)

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I ended up having to go with Wilwood rears to clear the 15" rears, but the wilwood red and bullet brembo red colors are an exact match. They must use the same powdercoat color haha

IMG_1619-HDR.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I looked into this, another way is to get a busy looking wheel to hide the single rear caliper. However I seem to think painted over the flat black PP rear makes it more noticeable. Mach 1 Orange and Bullitt rears etc. The rear flat black version blends in better as long as you maintain black shims vs colored or bare metal etc.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not to spoil the fun, but why put Brembo logo on a caliper that has absolutely nothing to do with Brembo ? This is as much of most ordinary single piston caliper as they come.

People with Base GT front calipers sticking Brembo logos on them were laughed at, this is about 10 times worse IMO.
Agree, this is is nonsense and I can't believe it's being praised so much.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang

word. this is retarded. there's nothing wrong with not having brembos in the rear.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
word. this is retarded. there's nothing wrong with not having brembos in the rear.
I have OCD especially worrying more about having one of those cars that come from the factory with a colored front and a generic unpainted rear that does not match the front color. glad Ford did not do that to the S550 since the PP / Mach 1 / Bullitt got matching rear color. But the Base GT had something less desirable, even it was sort of a nickel silver finish rear, but the front was flat coated grey which did not match well.
Sponsored