svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
So I have a non-HP car and want to add HP wheels and similar tire size but the sizes are significantly off from the 255-40-19 and 275-40-19s if I go HP sizing. How can I go about fixing this. If it were off 1-2 mph I would not worry about it but if its off 4-6 mph can this be adjusted? Thanks!
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes, you can adjust yourself using ForScan or a dealer can adjust it. Unfortunately, the dealer tried to adjust mine from reading 2 mph too slow and after the adjustment, it reads 5 mph too low. Good thing I wasn't charged for it. I have a ForScan device but just need to take the time to do it.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I used the Pro Cal tool to change my tire RM when I switched from the stock 235/50/18 to 275/40/18. I used the RM spec provided by Continental. At varying highway speeds the speedometer is consistently 2mph slower than what Google Maps is showing on my phone. I am going to try it later with my Wahoo bike computer to see if it lines up. Anyone have any tips for validating the speedometer calibration is correct? I mean without setting cruise control for 20mph over and then asking the State Trooper what he clocked you at? I mean that would work, but would be an expensive option.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I use my radar detector with gps and my phone to validate. They are very close to the speedometer in my other vehicles and show the Mustang speedometer to be reading 5 mph slower than actual speed.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I use my radar detector with gps and my phone to validate. They are very close to the speedometer in my other vehicles and show the Mustang speedometer to be reading 5 mph slower than actual speed.
Good idea. I should have compared the phone/bike computer (no radar detector) prior to swapping the wheels, but did not give it a thought. I will compare them in my wife's car today, see what the differences are, then try in the Mustang at same speeds.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I used the Pro Cal tool to change my tire RM when I switched from the stock 235/50/18 to 275/40/18. I used the RM spec provided by Continental. At varying highway speeds the speedometer is consistently 2mph slower than what Google Maps is showing on my phone. I am going to try it later with my Wahoo bike computer to see if it lines up. Anyone have any tips for validating the speedometer calibration is correct? I mean without setting cruise control for 20mph over and then asking the State Trooper what he clocked you at? I mean that would work, but would be an expensive option.
Can you use the Procal for anything else?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Can you use the Procal for anything else?
Hey,

So I got the procal tool as part of the GT Calibration kit (fantastic kit, highly recommend). So I used it to back up factory tune and load the ford performance tune. Additionally, it can be used change the settings for gear ratios (up to 4.09) which I am looking to do as well.

Troubleshooting (DTC) , service and data logging. Scroll down to page four to see what it can do.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-12655-F.PDF

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Bike computer and phone GPS are exact match to each other as far as speed goes. Speedometer is reading .5-1.0 MPH slower depending on speed. I am aiming for perfection, so going to play with the Revs/Mi setting a little more, see if I can get it any closer (but I doubt it). Just thought I would let you know the progress.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I asked as I have an earlier ProCal and it performed similar functions. I had yet to see anyone report on the latest ProCal FP offers. Very nice.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hey thanks for the update. It may be tough to get it read exactly the same as the gps.I commend you on aim for perfection.....can't say I would not do the same thing. :)

Bike computer and phone GPS are exact match to each other as far as speed goes. Speedometer is reading .5-1.0 MPH slower depending on speed. I am aiming for perfection, so going to play with the Revs/Mi setting a little more, see if I can get it any closer (but I doubt it). Just thought I would let you know the progress.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Wonder if it's a more warranty friendly option when just changing tire sizes versus an aftermarket tuner.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Perfection is useless, have it perfect with new tyres and it will show something else with somewhat worn tyres.
Sponsored