Rattle update 2018 GT

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Went to get car - they were test driving it. When they got back they said its still doing it. They are calling Ford in am to start the next troubleshooting steps. Invoice i have is below. Tech said 16hrs of labor so far. Invoice amount was 0 obviously.
Previous thread -https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wide-open-throttle.164651/page-6#post-3386833

IMG_1853.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Still at the dealer... they are redoing the cam phasers per Ford Corp recommendation. Not sure how this will fix but idk... Car has been there since 9/21...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good thing you have a second vehicle.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sooo Ford corp called me today - they confirmed they are redoing the phasers. They are also sending me something in the mail...

Talked to the dealership and they say its in the bay torn apart - so im like cool. i decide to drive by and see how its going. The car is outside and not being worked on... I went in and asked and they said it was in the bay... i had to tell them the one in there is a convertable and well i dont have a vert... ugh.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That is not good. Hope your parts don't go on the wrong car.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Question for those that have had their cars at dealer a long time... Mine has been there since 9/20 and on its 2ed cam phaser rebuild. Is this a long time or normal? There hasnt really been a long wait for parts. I am concerned this is 2ed time for same job but last Mustang i owned was a 4.6 and i never had any issues. So im just clueless and confused. Thanks all! (i love this car and just want it back)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well..car still at dealer.. they are still working on the cam phasers, they said they need a "timing tool" from 1993.... WTF is going on w/my car...Has anyone had this issue?

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dealer called.. car put back together but they need more time to work on the timing... This tells me its still making the noise. I started buyback today... ugh.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I can't help but wonder if your car has been torn to ratshit for the same noises the rest of us have? I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised. Mine's a noisy bitch but she runs like a champ and its not getting opened up unless there is a real problem like say oil consumption or worse.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I still can’t figure out how they haven’t fixed this car yet. They would rather have the car bought back than putting an engine in it? If we ever gat a car that is heading down the possible buyback road, it’s the highest top priority. A buyback is the absolute worst thing that can happen. I’m constantly reminded how good my customers have it any time I have to deal with another car line service department or hear stories of them. Unbelievable.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I can't help but wonder if your car has been torn to ratshit for the same noises the rest of us have? I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised. Mine's a noisy bitch but she runs like a champ and its not getting opened up unless there is a real problem like say oil consumption or worse.
maybe - its not the tick, the tech i rode with said its not like anything hes heard before. Ill know more tomorrow, if what they did fixed it im keeping, otherwise i need to start looking.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I still can’t figure out how they haven’t fixed this car yet. They would rather have the car bought back than putting an engine in it? If we ever gat a car that is heading down the possible buyback road, it’s the highest top priority. A buyback is the absolute worst thing that can happen. I’m constantly reminded how good my customers have it any time I have to deal with another car line service department or hear stories of them. Unbelievable.
i cant figure it out either, in past Ford either fixed quickly or just pushed me out the door... this was early 2000s though. Buyback was just started today so i dont know what will happen, the tech and dealer has been in constant contact and seem to be really working to resolve. The corp escalation tesh is also involved. The service writer is supposed to send me a list of what they have done, dealer said more was done than last time but didnt know the details. Odd since everything needs approval and i thought that went through service writer. idk.. ill know more at noon today.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I also asked if possible to scope the cylinders, they declined.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i cant figure it out either, in past Ford either fixed quickly or just pushed me out the door... this was early 2000s though. Buyback was just started today so i dont know what will happen, the tech and dealer has been in constant contact and seem to be really working to resolve. The corp escalation tesh is also involved. The service writer is supposed to send me a list of what they have done, dealer said more was done than last time but didnt know the details. Odd since everything needs approval and i thought that went through service writer. idk.. ill know more at noon today.
The tech working on the car is the one that gets approval through tech hotline not the service advisor.
Sponsored