Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll have to watch myself and see, maybe when I'm grabbing it out of reverse my hand is not letting the collar fall or something.

Oh yeah and I wish the parking brake lever was on the other side of the console. This one's shorter so I haven't yet, but my 2008's stuck up so much I banged my funny bone on the darn thing getting in sometimes. Seems like my 2001 had it on the right side.
Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
One more thing came to mind for me.

I liked how the exhaust on the S197 was sectioned and clamped together, which made changes easy and reversible if needed.

I'm not a fan of the one piece design from the resonator back on the S550.

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is - I love the car but the pull handle parking break cheapens the whole car. It is not only cheap but it is the most prominent feature inside the cockpit. And it's in the way - If they HAD TO do it they could have at least put it on the pass side of the console and molded it into the hump.. instead of making me work over around it while I'm rowing gears. Then there is the only priority usb port right in front of the stick so you have to have a dam cable laying across the shifter boot just to access the carplay. :facepalm: and no pocket to stash that phone? Sheesh !

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
Not at all! The other week I had my grandson in the back in his rear facing seat, his mom in the passenger seat and my son behind me. Admittedly, I didn't have to drive far with my son behind me (thankfully, I was eating the steering wheel). Some people say they have trouble putting the car seat in the back but I've found a simple solution, I just cycle the top.
20190417_191338.jpg
I agree! One of the best side effects of the convertible top is to be able to easily and precisely place stuff in the back seat by letting the tow down, easily put stuff in the back seat, the let the top back up. Its much easier than trying to force your back seat stuff though by messing with the front seat back rest.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The worst thing about my Mustang is it makes all the other cars that I have to drive or ride in suck.

To quote an old Carly Simon song...

"Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest"

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Soft paint...

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
When I drive my 184 HP Mazda6, it is now pedal to the floor the whole time. I don't need to do that in the Mustang to beat out the Accord drivers who collectively seem to have a giant chip on their shoulder.
Speaking of chips... 2 days ago I was just cruising along in traffic and had a guy come up behind me in a Hyundai Sonata. Following way too close for my liking and he was weaving back and forth like he was either going to pass into oncoming traffic or take it up on the curb. He continued this ridiculousness for many blocks. The traffic in front of me eventually cleared and I made his annoying behavior a distant memory shrinking in my rear view mirror. I didn't realize the Mustang was such a dick magnet.

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Speaking of chips... 2 days ago I was just cruising along in traffic and had a guy come up behind me in a Hyundai Sonata. Following way too close for my liking and he was weaving back and forth like he was either going to pass into oncoming traffic or take it up on the curb. He continued this ridiculousness for many blocks. The traffic in front of me eventually cleared and I made his annoying behavior a distant memory shrinking in my rear view mirror. I didn't realize the Mustang was a such dick magnet.
Welcome to central Florida! Oh sorry I thought that happened in (we welcome anyone and everyone from around the world with or without a license or insurance) central Florida. Opps my bad

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
It had been a li
For me it's almost always an Accord cutting me off to slow down in front of me. Even zee germans back off once they see I've got something under the hood. Nope, not the Accord man. He wears his "sport" badge with pride.

The Accord Man never backs down from a fight. Even when he's sure to lose. And there was no fight to begin with. The Accord Man! (registered trademark of Honda motor corporation).
Had a douchebag in a 325i relentlessly trying to get me to race him in morning traffic today.

I had almost forgotten how many people have something to prove when you have a mustang. The constant revving of every idiot as they roll past you in any direction, traffic, parking lot, it doesn't matter.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
When I drive my 184 HP Mazda6, it is now pedal to the floor the whole time. I don't need to do that in the Mustang to beat out the Accord drivers who collectively seem to have a giant chip on their shoulder.
For me it's almost always an Accord cutting me off to slow down in front of me. Even zee germans back off once they see I've got something under the hood. Nope, not the Accord man. He wears his "sport" badge with pride.

The Accord Man never backs down from a fight. Even when he's sure to lose. And there was no fight to begin with. The Accord Man! (registered trademark of Honda motor corporation).
You know what causing this these guys have heard there buddies tell stories (lies) of how the raced a Mustang GT and kicked its ass so they want to do the same thing to get bragging rights.
Sponsored