Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Keyless entry and the associated security risk.

I know it's a marketing gimmick but the driving modes. Just give me a button with traction control on fully, partially or off.

The ventilated seats need improving

The biggest one though is not putting the 5.2 Voodoo engine in the GT or producing a RHD GT350 for the UK!
Sponsored

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Here it is - I love the car but the pull handle parking break cheapens the whole car. It is not only cheap but it is the most prominent feature inside the cockpit. And it's in the way - If they HAD TO do it they could have at least put it on the pass side of the console and molded it into the hump.. instead of making me work over around it while I'm rowing gears. Then there is the only priority usb port right in front of the stick so you have to have a dam cable laying across the shifter boot just to access the carplay. :facepalm: and no pocket to stash that phone? Sheesh !
Disagree with the parking brake part. I think it goes well with the retro/modern mix it has going on.
But agree with the USB port part. I route the cable off towards the passenger side, down below the seat, then backup by passenger seatbelt, and the phone goes in the cup holder lol. Of course, any time I'm going to take a pic of the interior, I always forget to remove that damn cable :computerrage:
upload_2019-5-30_15-17-28.png

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Okay here are mine.
1. My own fault, but I cannot teach my left foot not to put marks on the lower inside panel of the door when I get in and out.
2. Seems like my window controls have a mind of their own. When I want them to go all the way up or down they don’t and when I don’t want them to, they do.
3. Sometimes I have to dry hump my door handle to get the intelligent handle sensor to unlock my car.
4. The stereo scans my USB thumb drive and missmarks the songs artist to title. Meaning it says the songs are by the wrong artist, this just started happening.
5. Have to remove the supercharger to pass emissions every year, didn’t expect that.
6. In hot dry summer air my car shocks me with static whenever I touch the door handle getting in or out.
7. Back deck area is a dust magnet because of this static thing.
8. Car loves reminding me that my phone isn’t connected and 911 emergency shit might happen. I don’t need to know that every day I own the damn car.
9. Car makes me race every body at every stop light.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
An electronic handbrake is the work of Satan
What about a simple old foot E brake like we've all used for 100 years?

LOL Bartly 3 & 9 :crackup:

Sponsored

section30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto Lightning Blue
Okay here are mine.

4. The stereo scans my USB thumb drive and missmarks the songs artist to title. Meaning it says the songs are by the wrong artist, this just started happening.

Same here!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The turn signal lever needs more tension on it. I have used the "tap" to change lanes on my F-150 for years, but find the Mustang lever to be too soft for lack of a better word. It's hit or miss as to if I activate the 3 flashes or turn the signal on and have to manually turn it off. :frown:

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1
Disagree with the parking brake part. I think it goes well with the retro/modern mix it has going on.
But agree with the USB port part. I route the cable off towards the passenger side, down below the seat, then backup by passenger seatbelt, and the phone goes in the cup holder lol. Of course, any time I'm going to take a pic of the interior, I always forget to remove that damn cable :computerrage:
Why don't you use the USB port in the console under the armrest? I don't think I've ever used the one on the dash. :thumbsup:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Okay here are mine.
1. My own fault, but I cannot teach my left foot not to put marks on the lower inside panel of the door when I get in and out.
2. Seems like my window controls have a mind of their own. When I want them to go all the way up or down they don’t and when I don’t want them to, they do.
3. Sometimes I have to dry hump my door handle to get the intelligent handle sensor to unlock my car.
5. Have to remove the supercharger to pass emissions every year, didn’t expect that.
6. In hot dry summer air my car shocks me with static whenever I touch the door handle getting in or out.
7. Back deck area is a dust magnet because of this static thing.
8. Car loves reminding me that my phone isn’t connected and 911 emergency shit might happen. I don’t need to know that every day I own the damn car.
9. Car makes me race every body at every stop light.
This could help get that list a bit shorter:
#4 There is a setting to use Gracenotes for media. I would suggest you turn that to OFF and make sure your media is correctly tagged. I used MusicBrainz Picard to fix my mp3's that had missing and incorrect tags.
#6 Spray Static-Guard on the seats. You will have to reapply when it wears off. Alternatively touch and hold any metal as you get out. This will drain the static off your body to the frame.

I'm sorry... to fix #9 you need to sell the car.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The turn signal lever needs more tension on it. I have used the "tap" to change lanes on my F-150 for years, but find the Mustang lever to be too soft for lack of a better word. It's hit or miss as to if I activate the 3 flashes or turn the signal on and have to manually turn it off. :frown:
Seems like it's easier to signal a right turn than just tap up. My 300C was the same way, but I got used to it (and aware of the potential).

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you use the USB port in the console under the armrest? I don't think I've ever used the one on the dash. :thumbsup:
From what I can see - the front usb port is the only one that activates the CARPLAY. Am I wrong? I'd love to be using the hidden one... Which begs another question. Why is the no provision for a charge cable to run in/out of the console box without crushing it ?

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1
From what I can see - the front usb port is the only one that activates the CARPLAY. Am I wrong? I'd love to be using the hidden one... Which begs another question. Why is the no provision for a charge cable to run in/out of the console box without crushing it ?
I've used CarPlay from almost day 1 of owning the car using the USB plug in the armrest console. Mine's a 2018 though, so YMMV with 2017...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
So far I have not found anything on my 19 that annoy's me and I am very picky, at least not yet.

My biggest gripes with my 2500HD is the headlights default to automatic and often activate on bluebird skies, I don't want my headlights on in the daytime.

The second is the recirculated air is "off" by default and not available in defrost mode. I live in the country and it's hot as heck here, I want full AC all the time and I damn sure don't want the cab to fill with the smell of skunks, roadkill or puking carbureted vehicles so I want recirculated on by default.

Fortunately Ford got it right with the Mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited: