Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
It's not as simple as making the mod on an aftermarket basis suggests.

Chances are that swapping the prop rod out for struts at the OE level would have caused a redesign of the hood, and from there possibly a recertification effort regarding hood performance in the event of a crash. Which would not be anywhere near a $10 change by the time all is said and done.

Norm
The Mustangs in the showroom at the local dealer have Ford hood struts on 'em. My hood struts are a Ford product (I just had to pay extra). I suspect it's strictly a way to generate licensing fees and aftermarket revenue. Also no way Ford would engineer two different hoods. It's too costly. Since my struts fit in the factory mounting locations, they went in smooth as butta.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just wish Ford would Ă  la carte the options.
They don't do it because they would lose more sales. Some buyers get analysis paralysis with too many options. Others will walk or delay a purchase when there isn't a car exactly like they want on the lot which is orders of magnitude more likely with just a few more options added. Some of those people end up buying a competitor's product. That's from someone familiar with Ford's decisions regarding this.

Sponsored

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They don't do it because they would lose more sales. Some buyers get analysis paralysis with too many options. Others will walk or delay a purchase when there isn't a car exactly like they want on the lot which is orders of magnitude more likely with just a few more options added. Some of those people end up buying a competitor's product. That's from someone familiar with Ford's decisions regarding this.
It also cost more per option when they are seperated. I don't care, I want a la carte.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It also cost more per option when they are seperated. I don't care, I want a la carte.
Preaching to the choir. But what's good for us is bad for a lot more people. I thought it was great when the order sheets had more boxes than the SATs. like I recall from the '70s And that didn't even count options off the sheet such as any color paint the maker ever offered for less than a few hundred extra.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Preaching to the choir. But what's good for us is bad for a lot more people. I thought it was great when the order sheets had more boxes than the SATs. like I recall from the '70s And that didn't even count options off the sheet such as any color paint the maker ever offered for less than a few hundred extra.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
The two things about my BULITT that turn my crank, are all about FORD being cheapass….The deletion of the dual horns on 2019 Mustangs. Fixed, but at a cost probably 10x what FORD saved. Second is the fact that FORD decided that because my car is a manual and I can't have remote start, I shouldn't be able to check to see if my car is locked using the FORD Pass app, or lock or unlock it using the App. Lame, and not something that can be easily fixed, as the cost would be prohibitive....

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I don't see why they can't do both. Offer packages for those who want to keep things simple, and also the option to configure the why you want. If that means production costs would be higher, they could charge a customization fee to allow the buyer to customize.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see why they can't do both. Offer packages for those who want to keep things simple, and also the option to configure they why you want. If that means production cost would be higher, they could charge a customization fee to allow the buyer to customize.
I agree with this

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
To add to what was said about options above, here are a few things that I have issues with regarding my 2018 GT:

1. Wheel Selection. Base GTs without the Performance Pack or Black Accent Package have two available wheel options, while the nicer wheels require Premium trim. Looking through the 2010 brochure for comparison, wheel options were available equally to GT and GT Premium trim levels.

2. Bundling the two tone interiors with the digital cluster in the 401A trim. I like the two tone interiors, but wasn't interested in the digital cluster.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Ok, after checking out 13 pages of whinings, it appears I may be the only one who is irritated by the turn signal detent design. On more than one occasion, I've thought I just moved the lever for the 3 cycles, only to discover the next time I look at the gauges, the turn signal is still on like I'm some geriatric in his Buick. I guess the turn signal indicator on the hood was meant for me...should have kept it after '17, or make the "full-on" detent snap like breaking the stem of a champagne flute like GM cars of the 70s and 80s.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, after checking out 13 pages of whinings, it appears I may be the only one who is irritated by the turn signal detent design. On more than one occasion, I've thought I just moved the lever for the 3 cycles, only to discover the next time I look at the gauges, the turn signal is still on like I'm some geriatric in his Buick. I guess the turn signal indicator on the hood was meant for me...should have kept it after '17, or make the "full-on" detent snap like breaking the stem of a champagne flute like GM cars of the 70s and 80s.
Our 300C was the same way - every now and then I'd push the lever too far. To me it's just a matter of getting used to the way it works. I'm glad I could change the number of flashes from three to five.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
BrettT, I have a 2019 manual transmission GT with 401A (digital gauges) and I can lock or unlock the car from my FordPass app. The app doesn't show at a glance if it is locked but I verified it will lock or unlock using the app.
Sponsored