Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
FWIW I saw that an owner set one of the 3 memory settings to be the same as he drives with except the mirrors pointing down. He hits that button when he goes in reverse to park. Of course the car needs to have the memory options and it could cause problems with multiple drivers who have very different settings.
I'll try that! I have the memory options.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
FWIW I saw that an owner set one of the 3 memory settings to be the same as he drives with except the mirrors pointing down. He hits that button when he goes in reverse to park. Of course the car needs to have the memory options and it could cause problems with multiple drivers who have very different settings.
I don't need to back up often, but that is a really great idea!

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I'm 6'4 and my arms and legs are kind of gangly, and I find the cup-holders absolutely useless for holding....cups. I have to either raise up my elbow or tuck my arm in depending what gear I'm shifting to if I have something in either of them. Really needed to put the cup-holders, or an extra set, behind the arm-rest so they weren't in the way. I mean it's not like a regular human can fit back there anyway.

Not the worst thing, but I don't like how the spring-loaded thingies sticking out inside the cupholders aren't strong enough to keep a cup from tilting in the holder when taking a moderately aggressive turn.

Maybe Ford needs to develop an Active Cupholders system, that firms them up when cornering is detected! :like:
Magnacup Anti-Spillage System.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The high beam indicator for the digital dash. I wish the little blue high beam indicator was located at the top of the screen not on the bottom left next to the fog light indicator.

It would be much nicer if it was at the top while driving so I don’t have to take more time looking for it near the bottom.
Yeah, it's like all the light indicators are scattered at random all over the gauges. I'd much rather have them all grouped together.

Sponsored

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
The stock shift linkage. Getting a Barton hybrid 3 installed this coming week. Will also do a Steeda clutch spring. Should be good to go then

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
The OP is the worst thing about Mustangs.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have only had my 2018 for a few days, so I'm sure I will find more things. But overall, it's what I expected. The one thing I don't like is the center screen is too small.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only thing I can think to contribute to this thread is how easily the dirt shows, regardless of the color it seems. These cars only look right when they're nice and clean :sunglasses:

Sponsored

Nikujaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The horn on the 18/19 sounds so weak ..the back trunk panel gets so dirty and hard to clean without damaging it... that's about it .
The 2018 Stangs have double note horns. It is unfortunate for 2019 models Ford went to single note. Also, 2018 automatic shift lever indicators(PRNDS) is illuminated whereas 2019 models are not. All cost cutting measures one can suppose.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The 2018 Stangs have double note horns. It is unfortunate for 2019 models Ford went to single note. Also, 2018 automatic shift lever indicators(PRNDS) is illuminated whereas 2019 models are not. All cost cutting measures one can suppose.

No shit? Most specifically the bold.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Not my 2018..I gotta pay attention to the dash at night by default I go to sport mode every time I put in gear.