Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The radio reception really sucks, even 20 miles from one of the biggest station in the US operating on a clear channel.
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Performance Pack 1 & 2 optioned cars, should come with adjustable front suspension, camber/caster plates. You would figure that a performance car at this price level, would have more adjustability than just toe settings.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Performance Pack 1 & 2 optioned cars, should come with adjustable front suspension, camber/caster plates. You would figure that a performance car at this price level, would have more adjustability than just toe settings.
I have a buddy who worked for Honda and I asked why they didn’t install a certain $5 part that would make the car better...he said because Honda doesn’t want to spend $5 x a million cars if they have to pay for it, and there are tons of $5 improvements that they try to weed out to keep MSRPs as low as possible so consumers don’t have to pay for it.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
You have obviously never checked your oil then. :)

Tried to check the oil this weekend. Ended up swearing profusely trying to do so.
WTF is up with that dipstick design? Can't get it out easily with that cross brace there and trying to insert it back down, it ends up bending and jamming up. The metal strip is way to flimsy. I don't know how accurate the oil level marker will be after it makes that twisty trip up and out dragging oil off as it goes. Need an aftermarket solution for this hindrance.
Jesus, I don't know how I didn't post about this earlier. I just did the first oil change and it took me 10 minutes to even find the dip stick under the strut bar. Along with the placement making the accuracy of the level seem questionable.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.

Sponsored

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
It's funny, I see cars that cost 10 times as much with a prop rod and no one complains.

Just watched a video on the Lexus LFA that comes with one...albeit carbon fiber.
I've been to several 'Mustang Only' car shows. 99% of the 6th gen cars have gas struts. Guys must like them...I do.
However, unlike many who remove the prop rod, I've kept mine in case the weather gets a little windy. And many 5th gens use them.
I guess it's a 'Stang Thang.
:like:

Last edited:

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I've found body fit seems hit or miss in a few spots. The worst thing? Corrosion on the front edge my 2015's hood that apparently isn't covered by the warranty unless it eats a hole in my hood.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I hate the seats. The lumbar support is way too high and there is a gap between mid-back and hamstrings. I had to make a custom foam roll for the gap to support my tailbone.
The leather seats aren't any better. They hurt my back for a few weeks until I got used to them. I think I just don't sit with my hips fully back into them, or it would uncomfortably curve my back.

What I don't get about the power lumbar adjustment feature, is that it's an in/out thing. To me it should be an up/down thing. Like my office chair. Then I could make it fit my back.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot this one....
The HORN Blows!!! No pun intended lol.

When I test drove a 2018 I tested the horn and it was a loud two-tone. My 2019, what a freakin disappointment. That will be getting changed out thanks to the postings in another thread

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dip stick issues on PP with engine stabilizer/strut- if you haven't figured this one out yet...Remove it from behind the engine brace/strut. Put it back in on the front side of the strut. That will prevent the bending/binding/cursing

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Dip stick issues on PP with engine stabilizer/strut- if you haven't figured this one out yet...Remove it from behind the engine brace/strut. Put it back in on the front side of the strut. That will prevent the bending/binding/cursing
Getting rid of the sound tube plumbing helps on dipstick access btw.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I came from an ecobox that got 30+mpg

I love my GT, and I know this is unreasonable but if it got 30+mpg it would be perfect lol

but actual real complaints...i wish it had wireless carplay. my trunk is also misaligned horizontally. There is more gap between the decklid and tail lights on the driver side thant he passenger side (which has a very very thin gap).

When i first drove the car, i was so flustered because of the long hood line but it's something you get used to.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
but actual real complaints...i wish it had wireless carplay. my trunk is also misaligned horizontally. There is more gap between the decklid and tail lights on the driver side thant he passenger side (which has a very very thin gap).
Sir- I suggest aligning it properly asap. Mine was also misaligned and it kissed the inner fender lip by the rear window and chipped my paint. I was pissed. The dealership wanted to send it out to some external body shop to have the whole fender painted. That was a can of worms I didn't want to get into. I fixed the paint myself and realigned the trunk lid- that took me about 20-30min

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
One of my legitimate complaints was the slippery pedals, especially the clutch. It feels like my wet sneaker is trying to slip up over the top of the pedal when I depress it. Not secure and potentially accident prone. Replaced all pedals with aftermarket.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Sir- I suggest aligning it properly asap. Mine was also misaligned and it kissed the inner fender lip by the rear window and chipped my paint. I was pissed. The dealership wanted to send it out to some external body shop to have the whole fender painted. That was a can of worms I didn't want to get into. I fixed the paint myself and realigned the trunk lid- that took me about 20-30min
How did you realign it? I currently don't have issues with paint but the gap is kind of annoying. All I saw were some bolts that raised and lowered the trunk so I wasn't really sure if there was an adjustment from left to right
Sponsored