Random play on usb

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I'm using an old iPhone as a test. Using a USB drive, it took forever to connect and be recognized in my '22. My '16 Police Utility has an iPod attached that is ready to play as soon as the car starts. If I leave the radio on in the Mustang...it will revert to some other source as the USB isn't recognized and perhaps indexed for a while.
Sponsored

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
Straight off a USB stick is the best way to go. Sandisk Ultra Fit USB drives - tiny but mighty (barely stick out of the USB port):

Stang drive 1.jpg
Stang drive 2.jpg

Have one of 128GB size - holds 4200 CD quality FLAC files, in correct artist/album folders, shows correct metadata on Sync display.

2nd is 256GB - holds 1700 Hi-Res FLAC files, some 192khz/24 bit (Pretty sure there's an audiophile or 2 on the Ford Sync team :wink:). Quite a bit better than phone sound, even more so vs Bluetooth, which is NOT uncompressed with the version of Bluetooth our cars have.

Does take a few minutes to scan files on a given drive the first time, but thereafter it plays immediately (even swapping back and forth between the 2 drives). Shuffles correctly and completely from the thousands of songs.

I used to love CDs. Now I haven't touched the 1 CD in the CD slot of the B&O system since 2019... :)

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Straight off a USB stick is the best way to go. Sandisk Ultra Fit USB drives - tiny but mighty (barely stick out of the USB port):

Stang drive 1.jpg
Stang drive 2.jpg

Have one of 128GB size - holds 4200 CD quality FLAC files, in correct artist/album folders, shows correct metadata on Sync display.

2nd is 256GB - holds 1700 Hi-Res FLAC files, some 192khz/24 bit (Pretty sure there's an audiophile or 2 on the Ford Sync team :wink:). Quite a bit better than phone sound, even more so vs Bluetooth, which is NOT uncompressed with the version of Bluetooth our cars have.

Does take a few minutes to scan files on a given drive the first time, but thereafter it plays immediately (even swapping back and forth between the 2 drives). Shuffles correctly and completely from the thousands of songs.

I used to love CDs. Now I haven't touched the 1 CD in the CD slot of the B&O system since 2019... :)
Exactly the thumb drive I was using flawlessly in my '18 SHO. Wife's '18 EcoSport does the same with a different drive. My '22 GT? Takes almost a minute before it is recognized and starts playing. Which means, the radio reverts to another source.

I have tried a different thumb drive, and was considering getting a faster one. Also have tried two different iPods. I agree the thumb drives are better to use than the iPod...but the initial longer delay is annoying.

Another odd thing is that searching isn't available for bit, regardless of the source...every time. I am assuming....but don't know for sure....that it has something to do with the USB ports powering down each time the car is shut down. I do hear the iPod power up when I open the door.

I had hoped to find something in Forscan, but it doesn't recognize my '22.

I've spent way too much time with this, but can report my iPhone connects right away as the radio boots up....then the other audio devices are next. I'd rather not pack my phone with music....but may something to try as a test. I had deleted music from the phone as my Interceptor was constantly connecting to this, as opposed to my iPod.

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I copied a bunch of FLAC flies to a 1TB thumb drive and it sounds great! My only issue is that now when the car is in motion, I can only access the first few files. Some kind of "safety" feature. I wonder if there is some kind of workaround.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I copied a bunch of FLAC flies to a 1TB thumb drive and it sounds great! My only issue is that now when the car is in motion, I can only access the first few files. Some kind of "safety" feature. I wonder if there is some kind of workaround.
Search navicks device

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You'll need to use Sync voice commands to access your music while in motion. I found setting up playlists very helpful. Or install that Naviks hardware bypass.

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well, I got the Naviks Lockout Bypass today. It was a fairly easy install. But, it turns out, it doesn't provide full time lockout defeat. When you want to access the files, you have to press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel for 7 seconds. Then, you'll have 60 seconds for the system to be bypassed. Overall, kind of lame, so I'm still looking for a better solution. I might try switching to the European stuff in forscan and try that for a while.
Sponsored