Sponsored

Rain

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Why does everyone hate on the stock p zeros? I've never owned a car yet where the forum didn't bash the OE tires. My truck's OE tires were great and these pirelli's havent given me any trouble. I'm not out on a track but they've never broken loose on me during spirited driving. I swear it's like one person says they suck, then another, then suddenly everyone agrees and passes it along. Just like the clutch spring thing.
Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Why does everyone hate on the stock p zeros? I've never owned a car yet where the forum didn't bash the OE tires. My truck's OE tires were great and these pirelli's havent given me any trouble. I'm not out on a track but they've never broken loose on me during spirited driving. I swear it's like one person says they suck, then another, then suddenly everyone agrees and passes it along. Just like the clutch spring thing.
Cause oe tires are generally trash. I don't mind my pirellis but I certainly won't be purchasing more of them.

Shadowblack5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I hate how horrible their tread life is. I have about 7k miles on mine and the rears are just about toast. The fronts are probably about 50%. This is with a whole lot of highway miles and a bit of spirited driving through backroads. Also for how much they cost you can definitely get better tires. Other than that though, I don't mind them. I'll never buy a new set of them, but for stock tires they aren't terrible.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Not me. I stated in a post a while back that if they don't like them, I'll take all they want to give me.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Eh I could see where he took some offense to the comments about him using his brain to drive or about his general lack of skill behind the wheel. Really no reason for those imho and not really constructive.

I think most of the issue is from the stock tires. Never had the pleasure of those tires as mine came with the P Zero Nero all seasons(dealer swapped them out when the OEM tires were toast) that I can say are fairly decent in the wet and dry/cold.
yea have the A/S on my CS, have had no issues so far, and have driven in near flooding and over a ton down a runway in the wet

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
HAHA, that statement makes me feel old as dirt...........
Yup! That's the fun of rwd... hangin it out while holding a gear (auto or stick ) in the wet!
Reminds me of when I was young with friends in the giant snow covered parking lots drifting my moms Volvo! (1974 164e) Before drifting was a thing! :clap2:

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Yup! That's the fun of rwd... hangin it out while holding a gear (auto or stick ) in the wet!
Reminds me of when I was young with friends in the giant snow covered parking lots drifting my moms Volvo! (1974 164e) Before drifting was a thing! :clap2:
Funny to hear anyone has any problem driving any modern car.
First car was a 63 Dodge Polara, 4 wheel drum and 383 big block.
Might as well have had no sway bars..................

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
light rain and "not on the throttle at all" won't cause the car to get loose. Just admit you were flooring it.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Low mileage, stock OEM Goodyear All Seasons...wet/snow mode enabled. I hit deep enough standing water to shove water over the hood on urban freeway...the vert tracked right through without a twitch. Driving through several inches of wet snow...I could feel the traction control and limited slip rear helping out. I watched several SUVs slide into the ditch while my Stang hung in there as if it had Subaru all wheel drive. I couldn't believe the traction control this rear-wheel drive vehicle is capable of.

Sponsored

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
If I made a thread every time I've been sideways in my car (accidental or purposefully), I'd be the post leader of this forum. Don't make a thread about pretty standard driving situations and then get angry about the comments.

Also, how are people only getting 7k miles on the stock PZeros? I've been autocrossing and have 13k on mine, probably still have another 5k left on them. Maybe lay off the line lock?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I often leave it in sport mode even in light rain, and have done so on tires that should have been replaced 2K miles ago. Not at all trying to brag about my non-existent mad driving skillz (nor am I recommending anyone else do the same, heh), but the point is the car is not that difficult to understand if you pay a little attention.

But yeah, the tail is gonna break loose very easily if you have a messy shift or give it just a little too much juice. So... don't do that if at all possible, haha.

If you really weren't pushing it at all, there was either some thick puddle you didn't see that you went over, or your tires are in REALLY bad shape, or... you really were pushing it.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It always helps justifying spending money if you say the thing you are replacing sucks.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Try driving below 40F. No traction until 3rd gear.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just don't use first gear in the rain, should be no issue then. Also has to be something with the tread on your tires. I recently had mine replaced, and towards the end of their life they were much less grippy, almost forgot how well the car handled, but was reminded with some fresh sticky tires.
Sponsored