Sponsored

Questions on E85 tune (Lund) w/ Hellion TT kit 62's

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I am currently switching to a fore fuel dual pump system so I can run E85. I have a hellion TT 62 kit, id1050x injectors. Who has Hellion TT kit installed with similar injectors and fuel system and how was/is your experience with running E85 only. What is a good conservative number for boost (lbs)? i have stock trans/clutch and stock half shafts. I have lund tuning at the moment and plan on staying with them. Any feedback/advice is welcome. thanks
Sponsored

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
I have a 16, also with a twin 62 Hellion kit. I run a Sai Li fuel system with id1000s and i run pump e85, making right at 800 whp. I've had the combo for 2 years, but only have 5700 miles on the car. Sai tuned my car and I still have the same plugs from 2 years ago which still look perfect. No issues at all with the e85, and I've never run anything else since I switched. I run waste gate pressure (7.5 lbs.) on the street, but I have a scramble switch on my boostleash that turns it up to 12 lbs for higher speeds, which is my highest setting. I also still have stock halfshafts, but a one piece aluminum driveshaft, never any issues with drag radials, but I'm auto vs. your stick which might put a hurtin' on yours.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I have a 16, also with a twin 62 Hellion kit. I run a Sai Li fuel system with id1000s and i run pump e85, making right at 800 whp. I've had the combo for 2 years, but only have 5700 miles on the car. Sai tuned my car and I still have the same plugs from 2 years ago which still look perfect. No issues at all with the e85, and I've never run anything else since I switched. I run waste gate pressure (7.5 lbs.) on the street, but I have a scramble switch on my boostleash that turns it up to 12 lbs for higher speeds, which is my highest setting. I also still have stock halfshafts, but a one piece aluminum driveshaft, never any issues with drag radials, but I'm auto vs. your stick which might put a hurtin' on yours.
thanks for your info. Do you have any corrosion from the E85 or gunk that people get? i also got a gforce bc but don't know the settings haha is that something the tuner would know? is the 800 from the 7.5 or the 12 lbs? i got a carbon fiber driveshaft.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
thanks for your info. Do you have any corrosion from the E85 or gunk that people get? i also got a gforce bc but don't know the settings haha is that something the tuner would know? is the 800 from the 7.5 or the 12 lbs? i got a carbon fiber driveshaft.
Corrosion really isn't as much of a worry for people.

The "gunk" just depends on where you get your fuel. It will always happen (sometimes its hard to see, like down in the intake port) other times its all over the tips of the injectors, or clogging fuel filters. BUT, you can go years without getting it, or you can get it clogging injector tips in 2 months. Just depends...

I have ran E85 for 13 years now, and can say that its better then it was...but you still gotta keep your eye out for it.
My quick "rules" are....

- At least 1 time a month run a tank of pump gas 91/93 through the car
- Never let the car sit more then a month with E85 in the tank
- NEVER EVER let it sit over winter with E85 in the tank
- Check injector tips once every 6 months (easy)

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
I have never seen any gunk or had any issues to suggest there is that sort of issue. Procharger tech I'm sure knows a lot more than I do on this subject, and that sounds like good advice. The 800 is on the 12 lbs. setting, very conservative tune, which seems to be a safe boost level.

Sponsored

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT

The "gunk" just depends on where you get your fuel. It will always happen (sometimes its hard to see, like down in the intake port) other times its all over the tips of the injectors, or clogging fuel filters. BUT, you can go years without getting it, or you can get it clogging injector tips in 2 months. Just depends...

I have ran E85 for 13 years now, and can say that its better then it was...but you still gotta keep your eye out for it.
My quick "rules" are....

My quick "rules" are....

I asked my tuner if I could get a tune on 91 so i can do exactly that and run 1 tank at least once a month but he said it shouldn't matter. What are your thoughts on storing E85 in 5 gallon jugs. I live 40 min from E85 so I will need to store extra gallons, is that a bad thing? I will also be spraying meth at 1lb since I currently have a snow kit on the car. As far as letting the car sit, is 3-4 days a week ok with me not driving it, since its not my daily. thanks

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I have never seen any gunk or had any issues to suggest there is that sort of issue. Procharger tech I'm sure knows a lot more than I do on this subject, and that sounds like good advice. The 800 is on the 12 lbs. setting, very conservative tune, which seems to be a safe boost level.
thanks, I want to be anywhere from 10-12 lbs but I think 12 will be my max.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT

My quick "rules" are....

Also, what do you do when the gunk does appear?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
typicaly running through a tank of pump every so often, helps clean the system out, i typically will use some lucas injector lubricant to every few tanks as well, just to help with the dry alcohol

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
typicaly running through a tank of pump every so often, helps clean the system out, i typically will use some lucas injector lubricant to every few tanks as well, just to help with the dry alcohol
Yah that’s what I was thinking of doing so I can clean out the system. I’ll ask the tuner to make me a 91 tune just so I can run that one tank.

Sponsored
OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Does anyone store the E85 in gallon jugs? I will have to have gallons of E85 since the nearest pump is 30 miles from me. Would it go bad or is it unsafe to store in the 5 gallon plastic jugs? in my garage

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I store a month’s worth of E85 in VP cans in my garage. I have never had an issue with it. I always put Lucas E85 stabilizer in each can.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I asked my tuner if I could get a tune on 91 so i can do exactly that and run 1 tank at least once a month but he said it shouldn't matter. What are your thoughts on storing E85 in 5 gallon jugs. I live 40 min from E85 so I will need to store extra gallons, is that a bad thing? I will also be spraying meth at 1lb since I currently have a snow kit on the car. As far as letting the car sit, is 3-4 days a week ok with me not driving it, since its not my daily. thanks
Being that far from E85, is a bitch!! I'm in the same boat. I fill my empty C85 drums with pump E85 and bring them home. Then I just top off as needed. 5 gal jugs will work but you would need 3 just to fill the tank. Not counting the fuel you used from the pump to casa. Only thing you really have to do is keep them sealed 100% of the time. If your not putting it in the car, its sealed. Also keep it out of the sun and at a stable temperature. No massive temp swings.

I will say, I will NEVER go E85 only again unless I have it at the pump local.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I run 50/50 e85 for best of both worlds. Seems to give the benefits of each without the downsides.
Sponsored