Sponsored

Questions on E85 tune (Lund) w/ Hellion TT kit 62's

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I run 50/50 e85 for best of both worlds. Seems to give the benefits of each without the downsides.
Are you boosted? Completely different animal when you are. Imo 50/50 blend would not net enough gain for the hassle. Aslo some tuners won't do a flex fuel tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Being that far from E85, is a bitch!! I'm in the same boat. I fill my empty C85 drums with pump E85 and bring them home. Then I just top off as needed. 5 gal jugs will work but you would need 3 just to fill the tank. Not counting the fuel you used from the pump to casa. Only thing you really have to do is keep them sealed 100% of the time. If your not putting it in the car, its sealed. Also keep it out of the sun and at a stable temperature. No massive temp swings.

I will say, I will NEVER go E85 only again unless I have it at the pump local.
At this point, I don't got a choice and running E85 is what I will have to run. Ill most likely store 6 5 gallon jugs in my garage, the weather here is never to cold or to hot so they should be fine in the garage. Aside ill be spraying meth 1lb and up of boost. already had the meth kit so I might as well use it

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Are you boosted? Completely different animal when you are. Imo 50/50 blend would not net enough gain for the hassle. Aslo some tuners won't do a flex fuel tune.
yah my tuner told me a straight E85 fuel tune only, aside the fact I only have 91 here and its horrible quality

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
At this point, I don't got a choice and running E85 is what I will have to run. Ill most likely store 6 5 gallon jugs in my garage, the weather here is never to cold or to hot so they should be fine in the garage. Aside ill be spraying meth 1lb and up of boost. already had the meth kit so I might as well use it
yah my tuner told me a straight E85 fuel tune only, aside the fact I only have 91 here and its horrible quality
So i'm assuming the shitty 91 isn't giving you enough power? You always have a choice. lol Its such a beating having to fill from jugs in the garage. You will realize how much fuel you go through real fast. Don't forget E85 wont get you as far as 91. Also try to only empty full jugs into the car, will keep moisture from getting in.

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Yah im running 8.5lbs right now and 600whp is disappointing to me haha. I don't daily it so I don't mind and the furthest I'd drive would be 30-40 miles, my shop is the down the street from the E85 pump so it should be good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
erikkire18

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Uploaded my E85 tune today and I got CEL that reads lean on cylinder 8 I beleive. Also the start up is bad and surges, car was wanting to shut off but idle went back to normal. any ideas what it might be? Tune maybe? or an 02 sensor? spark plugs? I recently installed new spark plugs so I don't think it would be the plugs. Thanks

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I asked my tuner if I could get a tune on 91 so i can do exactly that and run 1 tank at least once a month but he said it shouldn't matter. What are your thoughts on storing E85 in 5 gallon jugs. I live 40 min from E85 so I will need to store extra gallons, is that a bad thing? I will also be spraying meth at 1lb since I currently have a snow kit on the car. As far as letting the car sit, is 3-4 days a week ok with me not driving it, since its not my daily. thanks
I store mine in metal drums with NO VENT. Thats the key.
Also adding some lucas into them for long storage periods.

Also, what do you do when the gunk does appear?
I am not one to risk a motor, so I clean all the filters, drain the tank, and have my friend flow the injectors.
99% of the time they clean up. I have only had 1 injector develope an issue that I couldn't resolve with cleaning.

Uploaded my E85 tune today and I got CEL that reads lean on cylinder 8 I beleive. Also the start up is bad and surges, car was wanting to shut off but idle went back to normal. any ideas what it might be? Tune maybe? or an 02 sensor? spark plugs? I recently installed new spark plugs so I don't think it would be the plugs. Thanks
Well how long did you run it? Was there still pump gas in the lines?
Best practice would be to contact your tuner, and get his/her thoughts on it. :)
Sponsored