Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I shall find out soon I supposed. I pulled the Exhaust manifolds off about 6 months after I bought the car and put on LTH because the cats failed at 7,000 miles on my first one. Wasn't got to chance it with this car... Then... Piston 6 popped 2 years later and my Dealer denied coverage and said my warranty was void because of the headers. They also thought the car was setup for E85 and pulleyed down, which really pissed me off because I hadn't done either of those things.

Either way. Cost my 2nd (yes I have two) extended warranty $13,000 for a new motor. The dealership told me I had to put the manifolds back in... Funny thing is the car is apparently back on the Roush warranty since I paid for the engine.. LOL.

Can't wait to take it to them in a year and make them fix the cats.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I shall find out soon I supposed. I pulled the Exhaust manifolds off about 6 months after I bought the car and put on LTH because the cats failed at 7,000 miles on my first one. Wasn't got to chance it with this car... Then... Piston 6 popped 2 years later and my Dealer denied coverage and said my warranty was void because of the headers. They also thought the car was setup for E85 and pulleyed down, which really pissed me off because I hadn't done either of those things.

Either way. Cost my 2nd (yes I have two) extended warranty $13,000 for a new motor. The dealership told me I had to put the manifolds back in... Funny thing is the car is apparently back on the Roush warranty since I paid for the engine.. LOL.

Can't wait to take it to them in a year and make them fix the cats.
What ext warranty do you have that covered this?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Question: Have a 19RS3. 11500miles. Runs very strong and does not show any warnings/codes. Occasionally WOT roles.
for those who have had issues with a bad catalytic converter....what are the symptoms?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
What ext warranty do you have that covered this?
Honestly... My insurance covered it. I had mechanical breakdown coverage and when the dealer and Roush denied warranty coverage I figured they would too because of the circumstances. They pretty much told me that once I bought the car and called for coverage, the agent on the other end of the phone was not even supposed to offer mechanical breakdown. When I blew it up, It took several days of the folks helping me because they had to get getting the amount approved. They told me this was my one and done engine replacement and the only reason they are fixing it is because I was not told I couldn't mod the car.. I was the first, and last to get a new motor.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Honestly... My insurance covered it. I had mechanical breakdown coverage and when the dealer and Roush denied warranty coverage I figured they would too because of the circumstances. They pretty much told me that once I bought the car and called for coverage, the agent on the other end of the phone was not even supposed to offer mechanical breakdown. When I blew it up, It took several days of the folks helping me because they had to get getting the amount approved. They told me this was my one and done engine replacement and the only reason they are fixing it is because I was not told I couldn't mod the car.. I was the first, and last to get a new motor.
Makes sense wanted to know because I can’t find anyone who would offer a warranty on the drivetrain once the Roush 36/36 is up.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Question: Have a 19RS3. 11500miles. Runs very strong and does not show any warnings/codes. Occasionally WOT roles.
for those who have had issues with a bad catalytic converter....what are the symptoms?
I had a 19 RS3 like you and have great experience with this issue. I never experienced any drivability issues it just threw a P0420 or P0430 Cat Inefficiency Code and took it to the dealer. After they spoke with Roush they replaced the cats. I had the drivers side and passenger side cats replaced multiple times. Roush thought it was tune related but had opted to replace the cats each time. The car was tied up so many time’s waiting on replacement cats. I never had a single issue with the Roush 2300 on my 17 but man the Roush 2650 on my 19 was a cat code nightmare.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Thanks. never noticed a warning code or anything. I have to have it inspected in June and will have the Ford Dealer check for any codes.

Question on your Shelby. How does it compare to your RS3? Mine is dialed in and updated with all latest tunes and Max Cooling kit.

Yesterday, drove it to work and came up behind someone with a Shelby GT 500.. I downshifted to 3rd gear, and we jumped about same time. Think it was 50MPH. Anyhow, we both had some back-end sway - I feathered the throttle and got full traction-Not sure if he lifted off the throttle-but I pulled a car length on him until I backed off.

Very nice car and the pretty orange color.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have a 21 gt m6 with Roush installed by dealer. Stock numbers were decent at 680 rwhp/600rwtq at 10-11psi. It feels fast, but my old procharger setup was a lot more enjoyable for me.However, I'm growing to miss my procharger setup. It was on a 2015 with some more supporting mods, but numbers weren't that different. About 740 rwhp/550 rwtq. I really miss the sound of the procharger, the lack of heat soak, and surprisingly the better gas mileage. If I swapped, how much if a headache would it be to get it changed over? I've only ever used a procharger as far as centris go, so I don't know about Paxton, vortech, or ESS. I really just want the nice straight cut gear noise and maybe 800 whp. I have pump gas only, but I can supplement with a good bit of boostane to bring the octane up enough. I might be able to get some E85 from a local airport but i can't count on that.

Has anyone else made this switch? Was it too difficult to keep track of extra parts when swapping over? And any idea what I could sell the roush setup for? Would be nice to only be in the swap for a couple grand. (Also if anyone with a d1x or d1sc is looking to make a swap, let me know please). I can do the work no problem, it's more about trying to keep track of every nut and bolt that belongs to the roush kit lol.

russd32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
'18 Roushcharged GT
Q for anyone who has taken their car to a dealer for the tune revisions.

What did you pay to have the tune updated by a Ford dealer?

My car isn't throwing codes, but I was experiencing some misfiring. In hindsight I I think may have got some bad gas. But since I called Roush to inquire they suggested I get the latest tune for my '18. They didn't mentioned what would be different, my car had the supercharger installed in '20 so I assume they've done some overall improvements, not sure what to expect.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Make sure you take it to a dealer that services Roush vehicles...you can do a search online. The tech will contact Roush and complete the tune update. Roush pays the dealership.

Q for anyone who has taken their car to a dealer for the tune revisions.

What did you pay to have the tune updated by a Ford dealer?

My car isn't throwing codes, but I was experiencing some misfiring. In hindsight I I think may have got some bad gas. But since I called Roush to inquire they suggested I get the latest tune for my '18. They didn't mentioned what would be different, my car had the supercharger installed in '20 so I assume they've done some overall improvements, not sure what to expect.

Reactions: MCS

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Make sure you take it to a dealer that services Roush vehicles...you can do a search online. The tech will contact Roush and complete the tune update. Roush pays the dealership.
Does Roush cover the update on their kits or just their cars?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I just did mine about 2 months ago; No charge for the Sarge.

I dropped it off at a local Roush Authorized Ford dealership, the Roush/Ford tech did the update, and away I went. As a consumer with disposable income that level of service brings value to the table.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
As stated by MCS, Roush covers the kits also. Pay attention to the warranty requirements, as far as who they consider as authorized to install their kits.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
As stated by MCS, Roush covers the kits also. Pay attention to the warranty requirements, as far as who they consider as authorized to install their kits.
I had the kit installed at a Roush certified Ford dealership, and that's where i would take it for the update. What about once the 3/36 is up?