Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
what is the difference in throttle bodies?
The old throttle body is analog, with a analog/digital converter located inside the battery box. The new one is a digital throttle body that doesn't need a converter. For 18+ Roush superchargers.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Yes I got mine in July. They came out with the new Heat Exhanger in May of this year (per roush) and that’s when they included it in the kit. It’s much thicker. It literally runs cool To the touch. CHTs never go over 220 and I floor it every chance I get. Which means I average 16mpg now. I go from 70-140mph In what seems like secs when I get open road. It’s does have a weird hang at like 125mph but I usually do pulls in sport+ on the highway so I’m sure it’s something in the that particular Mode in the Roush tune. Other than that I’m shocked how quickly I lose track of how fast I’m going. You just don’t have to time to look down before you’re hitting 120mph from normal highway speeds in the A10 with a Roush sc and the new tune.

One thing that surprised me was how the sc screamed (prefer it over the whine of most) like a pregnant woman in labor. It’s loud when you go all out. I can hear it over my exhaust it’s so loud and I have a Roush Axle Back and xpipe. The combination is terrifying. I don’t have to ride people asses. They get out of The way. Now when you are just driving around and not laying into it full out, it’s very quiet.

Edit: Also I never have any reduction in power due to temps after multiple pulls in the 80’s. The new HE is much better. But I live in Michigan not Texas. Roush is also coming out with new phases soon. They wouldn’t say when but that’s what they told me a couple weeks ago.
You need to monitor IAT2 (post supercharger air temperature.) Usually timing will be pulled at around 140 degrees. I believe Roush also partially closes the throttle too. That may be what you're seeing at 125.

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You need to monitor IAT2 (post supercharger air temperature.) Usually timing will be pulled at around 140 degrees. I believe Roush also partially closes the throttle too. That may be what you're seeing at 125.
There is no doubt that this is occurring. For the people that have said that they haven’t lost power after multiple WOT pulls have not ever data logged or spent time a drag strip.
I have made great numbers on the dyno with my setup, but to my dismay this absolutely does not reflect what one can expect on the racetrack with roush’s tune. I have the data to back it up and so do others. Once the Intercooler/blower hot soaks you will loose power.

I just want to clarify that if you decide to roll race a friend on the street that is a maxed effort N/A e85 tuned 18+ A10 expect to be beaten. In my opinion this is a hard pill to swallow knowing that at S/C car should have at least 80 to 100 whp over a N/A car.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No it’s the shift point and lasts a moment. Once redlines and shifts it’s takes off. CHTs at that point are still around 200. Like me and the other guys with the new intercooler and setup said. We feel no reduction in power after multiple wot pulls from 70-120+.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is no doubt that this is occurring. For the people that have said that they haven’t lost power after multiple WOT pulls have not ever data logged or spent time a drag strip.
I have made great numbers on the dyno with my setup, but to my dismay this absolutely does not reflect what one can expect on the racetrack with roush’s tune. I have the data to back it up and so do others. Once the Intercooler/blower hot soaks you will loose power.

I just want to clarify that if you decide to roll race a friend on the street that is a maxed effort N/A e85 tuned 18+ A10 expect to be beaten. In my opinion this is a hard pill to swallow knowing that at S/C car should have at least 80 to 100 whp over a N/A car.

So only race in cool weather

All kidding aside, say u go to the track and let the cool down 30 minutes. Then u a two friends push it up to the line, fire it up, do your burn out and race it

The engine still warm, oils still hot and by the time u get to the tree your charge temps shouldn’t be crazy

Run it and see what it goes, also pick a day with 50-55 degree temps

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I just ordered the new Low Temp Radiator from Roush ($416 shipped if you're curious). Hope to have it installed soon. Will post results!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the new Low Temp Radiator from Roush ($416 shipped if you're curious). Hope to have it installed soon. Will post results!
Did you ask about there latest calibration? I got mine installed in July and they seemed to indicate there “might” be a new calibration even since then but I couldn’t wait to find out.

I’m curious with you being Arizona. I know some guys are happy with the setup but there’s also proven validity to the design of HE and TB being an issue. Me being in Mi. I don’t see it but you basically live on the sun.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Did you ask about there latest calibration? I got mine installed in July and they seemed to indicate there “might” be a new calibration even since then but I couldn’t wait to find out.

I’m curious with you being Arizona. I know some guys are happy with the setup but there’s also proven validity to the design of HE and TB being an issue. Me being in Mi. I don’t see it but you basically live on the sun.

The TB is being replaced if it throws a cel..... even with the tb being replaced, it doesn't fix the tuning....

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Thanks for the info on this thread. I just confirmed I have the new larger LTR/HE but there is a cal update and they gave me a free voucher code to get it.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Can you snap a pic of the new and old design side by side when you get it please.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info on this thread. I just confirmed I have the new larger LTR/HE but there is a cal update and they gave me a free voucher code to get it.
When was your current cal uploaded? Did they tell you the date of the new cal?

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Mid July. I gave them my VIN number and they where able to tell from that.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mid July. I gave them my VIN number and they where able to tell from that.
That’s around when mine was done. I’m going to call them again, thnx.

1100saber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush Charged GT PP
Who did you talk to at Roush for the LTR? Mine was installed in January of 19. As far as I am aware, I have the old TB too and they haven't offered to change it out. Were you having problems with yours?

I can tell mine gets pretty heat soaked when the temp is 103 outside. My MPH in the quarter can vary 10mph depending on the temps.
I was getting error codes, limp mode etc related to the throttle body. If you have a little signal adapter in the battery box you have the old style analog TB. Gavin worked with my dealer to get digital throttle body shipped and installed. I contacted him when I heard about the updated LTR.