Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Newest tune went on my car today. I will update after I drive it.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How many of you guys, who got the updated tune, had to pay your dealer to install it. I contacted Roush and was given recal pack to take to the dealer. They told me I had to pay them then Roush would refund me. If it's standard practice, no big deal but I suspect my Stealer are a bunch of AssHats. Lol

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t sound right to me unless it’s just the labor portion. I work at the dealership and one of my techs did it in 15 minutes. I will say normally they are paid for anything they do but if Roush was going to pay the labor charge it would go direct to the dealer.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
So be tune is on and car feels good. It might just be because it was cool around 60 this morning but I lost traction on a hard pull in the 3rd gear:)

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Doesn’t sound right to me unless it’s just the labor portion. I work at the dealership and one of my techs did it in 15 minutes. I will say normally they are paid for anything they do but if Roush was going to pay the labor charge it would go direct to the dealer.
Thanks for the info, The service advisor acted like he wasn't interested in attempting to look into it. Just seemed happy making it my issue. I'm in contact now with Roush to get the updated heat exchanger warrantied, I've got the origional. They've been great to deal with. The dealer, not so much.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
they just did my radiator when i took it in to have a cat replaced....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
You're dealer is fucking with you. Do you have other options?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So be tune is on and car feels good. It might just be because it was cool around 60 this morning but I lost traction on a hard pull in the 3rd gear:)
So you have a mt82? Losing traction at 60 degrees from a hard 3rd gear pull isn’t normal for you?

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You're dealer is fucking with you. Do you have other options?
I don't think it's the dealer as much as it was this service advisor I dealt with. He was just clueless and lazy. I have 1 other option as far as Roush certified dealers go.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
So you have a mt82? Losing traction at 60 degrees from a hard 3rd gear pull isn’t normal for you?
Yes, for the most part in warmer weather with the tires heated up it will usually get traction on 3rd gear pulls. I’m sure the cooler air made a big difference but this was a complete loss of traction that was very controlled and fun lol

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, for the most part in warmer weather with the tires heated up it will usually get traction on 3rd gear pulls. I’m sure the cooler air made a big difference but this was a complete loss of traction that was very controlled and fun lol
Very nice. I’m curious how much of a difference it makes. I already have the latest of everything else.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Would one of you guys or one of the roush guys put up a pic of the new TB & LTR/HE

Just like to see the differences

Plus how’s the newest tune working out for u guys

Last edited:

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Would one of your guys or one of the roush guys out up a pic of the new TB & LTR/HE

Just like to see the differences

Plus how’s the newest tune working out for u guys
Got the latest cal uploaded a week ago on my MT82 car. I know some of the updates were to address issues with the auto's. I'm still waiting on the larger HE but my CHT's seem cooler and the AFR is a little richer. I havent heard any definitive on what exactly they changed but mine seems to like the latest calibration.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Got the latest cal uploaded a week ago on my MT82 car. I know some of the updates were to address issues with the auto's. I'm still waiting on the larger HE but my CHT's seem cooler and the AFR is a little richer. I havent heard any definitive on what exactly they changed but mine seems to like the latest calibration.
Please take a pic of it when it comes in

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
I have run the latest tune for over a week now and it feelsway stronger to me. I’m sure the weather cooling off is helping as well but my biggest issue now is traction!