Sponsored

Purchasing GT or Mach 1 this weekend!

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
That may not be 💯. With more coolers come more plumbing and fittings. I’ve already seen on 6G folks who have hit something and broke various coolers, cooler lines and fittings. On the street, there’s a limit to how practical that exposure is depending on where you have to drive.
I agree with this assessment to an extent. The more things on the car, the higher the chances of something breaking. The tradeoff is the more ‘expensive’ inner workings is less likely to break because of these coolers. So given the choice of plumbing and fittings breaking vs internal components, I will go with the plumbing and fittings.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That may not be 💯. With more coolers come more plumbing and fittings. I’ve already seen on 6G folks who have hit something and broke various coolers, cooler lines and fittings. On the street, there’s a limit to how practical that exposure is depending on where you have to drive.
That’s just what people tell themselves to feel better about not getting a car with more function.

OP
OP
Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
Trying to search for it, but anyone know off hand if the HP Cup2s would fit in the trunk/rear/passenger seat? Assuming no, but trying to find out how I can drive this thing home Saturday but we have rain in the forecast and I'm not doing that with Cup2s from what I've read. Sunday is an option but is low 40s and I'd be leaving earlier in the morning so high 30s, same boat.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Trying to search for it, but anyone know off hand if the HP Cup2s would fit in the trunk/rear/passenger seat? Assuming no, but trying to find out how I can drive this thing home Saturday but we have rain in the forecast and I'm not doing that with Cup2s from what I've read. Sunday is an option but is low 40s and I'd be leaving earlier in the morning so high 30s, same boat.
Yes.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...1-wheels-with-tires-inside-my-mustang.157724/

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend an army blanket or a tarp for lining the back seat and to keep the 3 tires from mangling the front seat backs. Some ratchet straps or cord for helping secure to the child seat anchors is a plus but not necessary.

If yuo can't get a wheel over the tailgate hump, you can feed it in from the cabin with the backs down.

depalo_creed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1
I think you made the right choice with the Mach 1. I just purchased a purple 22 GT with the exact same loadout as you for 57k. Had I had the option of the mach 1, it would have been a no brainer for me to get that. All the Mach 1's in my area were 10k markup. I still love my GT, but having a Mach 1 is way better for resale value too.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Been lurking for a while, posting because this weekend I'm pulling the trigger! Between two very different trims though, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Both are Mischievous Purple, I really like the color.

1) GT Premium w/ 401A, Magneride, GT Performance Package, Active Valve Exhausts, Recaro Seats. MRSP $58,410 discounted to $56,609 (including doc/title fees).
2) Mach 1 w/ Handling Package. MRSP $62,145 discounted to $59,880 (including doc/title fees). Need to ship to me +$650.

Here is where I'm at, I think the Mach 1 is a fantastic deal. I like the idea of having some added performance parts and a Tremac transmission. My biggest concern is I don't ever plan to track the car, and it has the Sport Cup 2 on which I'd basically want to try to sell/replace day 1. The other thing is the front diffuser/rear wing look a bit aggressive to me. Lastly I'd have to ship this vehicle to me, so no dealer support and buying "sign unseen."

The GT is local, I can look at it and drive it in advance. It is a bit cheaper, but not by a lot. Granted, I do plan on trying to negotiate a bit further given how close the Mach 1 is to it. I like that the interior isn't cloth (something about a $50k vehicle with cloth just bothers me for some reason).

I always like to get the "best bang for my buck." That feels like the Mach 1 given how close the prices are. But, is it too much car? I'm driving this thing on back roads during nice weather (not my daily). Thoughts, suggestions, anything I'm missing? Any feedback much appreciated!
mach 1 all the way for this price.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
The Mach 1 stands out. A $55k GT looks like a $30k EB to most people. No mistaking the Mach1 for anything but

Sponsored

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
In spite of what you hear, the you can drive the Mach 1 on Cup 2s in the rain, but it will keep you on your toes. As I've said in the forums before, I flew up from DC to NH to buy my Mach 1 and then drove it the 550 miles back down on the Cup 2s in rain for about 95% of the drive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
In spite of what you hear, the you can drive the Mach 1 on Cup 2s in the rain, but it will keep you on your toes. As I've said in the forums before, I flew up from DC to NH to buy my Mach 1 and then drove it the 550 miles back down on the Cup 2s in rain for about 95% of the drive.
You certainly can do anything you want but……On a brand new car that OP is not familiar with. Not sure I’d want to chance that. Everyone has their own level risk aversion.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
The tire shop should have heavy duty bags to wrap your tires. One in the trunk, two in the back seat and one in the passenger seat. You might want to secure the tire in the passenger seat with a rope or strap around the seat. I went with the Continentals Extreme Contact, no tramlining and nice ride.

Smokedfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 1985 olds 442
Love that color! I like it better than my fighter jet grey Mach.

OP
OP
Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
The tire shop should have heavy duty bags to wrap your tires. One in the trunk, two in the back seat and one in the passenger seat. You might want to secure the tire in the passenger seat with a rope or strap around the seat. I went with the Continentals Extreme Contact, no tramlining and nice ride.
Likely same tire I'll be getting. $1,400 vs $1,850 or something for the PS4S.
Sponsored