Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
Congrats Tyler, a beautiful Mach 1. Are you shipping or picking it up?
Leaning towards shipping atm. Between flying, getting to dealer and coming back the cost isn't too far off. I also have a ceramic coating appointment back here and am hesitant to put 500 miles on without it, especially when I'm trying to sell the tires. I guess that makes me a poser, which is fine with me as long as I get the car in my garage in the shape I want it in :)
Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I sold my tires with 26 miles on them for the same price people have sold with 200-400 miles. A used tire is a used tire unfortunately.
It's a wild choice but maybe some large trash bags and some towels you might be able to get all 4 in the car for transport if you swap tires wherever your buying car from.

OP
OP
Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
I sold my tires with 26 miles on them for the same price people have sold with 200-400 miles. A used tire is a used tire unfortunately.
It's a wild choice but maybe some large trash bags and some towels you might be able to get all 4 in the car for transport if you swap tires wherever your buying car from.
Makes sense. I see the tire swap as a premium to get the car I want now vs. trying to order and gamble with financing rates next year.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Leaning towards shipping atm. Between flying, getting to dealer and coming back the cost isn't too far off. I also have a ceramic coating appointment back here and am hesitant to put 500 miles on without it, especially when I'm trying to sell the tires. I guess that makes me a poser, which is fine with me as long as I get the car in my garage in the shape I want it in :)
I shipped mine as well in an enclosed trailer. Like you I did not want to take a chance on damaging the paint. Congratulations on the new ride, you will not regret it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If it's ourisman with the mach 1 a forum member is an employee and this forum member is there all the time so can inspect the car for you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No, I agree. You will have plenty of time to enjoy your new car on the magnificent roads of NH. Buy the way are you planning to putting PPF on at least the front clip? I would highly recommend it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
No, I agree. You will have plenty of time to enjoy your new car on the magnificent roads of NH. Buy the way are you planning to putting PPF on at least the front clip? I would highly recommend it.
I did get a quote for it from the same person doing ceramic. Was quoted about 1500 for ceramic including the clay bar/paint correction stuff from anything remaining from the rail car trip. Quoted another ~$1,500 to do PPF which was front and some of the quarter panels if I recall correctly. But, will discuss with him when I get the vehicle into his shop more.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I did get a quote for it from the same person doing ceramic. Was quoted about 1500 for ceramic including the clay bar/paint correction stuff from anything remaining from the rail car trip. Quoted another ~$1,500 to do PPF which was front and some of the quarter panels if I recall correctly. But, will discuss with him when I get the vehicle into his shop more.
Good idea. Ceramic offers very little in the way of protection. PPF is what protects your paint. Full front clip includes the headlights and mirror caps. I also did the “A” pillars which with my brand included the front part of the roof. I didn’t do the quarters but with your wider wheels you might as well. Honestly if you don’t like chips it worth ever penny. If you don’t care and would be happy just touching them up, save your money.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Home Depot down the street there and grab blue painters tape and put it on the rear quarters, in front of the tire. I know it looks bad, but IMO chipped paint looks worse over the long haul

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
is this tri-state area? Can you share who you are going with as I am also interested in ceramic/PPF
Sponsored