Purchase dilemma

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey everyone. So driving season has started and the itch is strong. My build has been delayed 3 times now and this latest one makes it 4 times. I'll be lucky to see the car in June. That said I have a question for you all. I ordered and fully loaded 2022 Mustang GT auto with Mageneride and active exhaust Premium Red interior ( which the dealer ordered wrong and I'm hoping they can fix ) etc... There is a Red 2021 Mach 1 auto base black interior with HP on a lot. It'd be a stretch but I might be able to swing it. What do I do? Cancel and get the Mach or hold out and get the GT I custom ordered. I really liked the cooled red seats to break up the sea of black. That said it's a Mach 1.
Oh, you get that Mach 1. Not even a question, it's a much, much better handling car.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey everyone. So driving season has started and the itch is strong. My build has been delayed 3 times now and this latest one makes it 4 times. I'll be lucky to see the car in June. That said I have a question for you all. I ordered and fully loaded 2022 Mustang GT auto with Mageneride and active exhaust Premium Red interior ( which the dealer ordered wrong and I'm hoping they can fix ) etc... There is a Red 2021 Mach 1 auto base black interior with HP on a lot. It'd be a stretch but I might be able to swing it. What do I do? Cancel and get the Mach or hold out and get the GT I custom ordered. I really liked the cooled red seats to break up the sea of black. That said it's a Mach 1.
You gave us information about the car but not the driver. You are a big part of the equation. Tell us what you are using this car for? Will it be a weekend plaything or a daily driver? Will you ever track it?

Everyones easy answer is get the Mach 1 but as great a car as it is it may not be for you. The GT you ordered has the performance package and MagneRide so it will be a pretty decent handling car for everyday and those trips to the twisties. You also said the Mach 1 has the Handling Package so figure another $1200-$1500 for tires to replace the Cup2's (not a street tire). I mention this as you already said the Mach 1 is going to be a financial stretch.

The Mach 1 is also just a base car while your GT will be a premium. Are there features other than the seat colors that you really want? Some of the creature comforts you will use everyday. The advantages of the Mach 1 will only be used when you really push it and/or on the track. (For seat color you can get covers for cloth seats as well).

Last thing is the wait. Do not let this push you into making a rash decision. Buyers remorse sucks. The last thing you want is to get the Mach 1 and regret not getting the GT. Don't laugh, it can happen. Just ask some old Shelby GT350 buyers when they realized it was not a car they could live with on a day to day basis. It can be a costly error.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Oh, you get that Mach 1. Not even a question, it's a much, much better handling car.
OP is getting a PP car with MagneRide. Once he gets the M1 HP and changes out the Cup2 tires the handling differences will shrink especially if the car is not going to see the track. M1's are great cars but they are not for everyone.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
You gave us information about the car but not the driver. You are a big part of the equation. Tell us what you are using this car for? Will it be a weekend plaything or a daily driver? Will you ever track it?

Everyones easy answer is get the Mach 1 but as great a car as it is it may not be for you. The GT you ordered has the performance package and MagneRide so it will be a pretty decent handling car for everyday and those trips to the twisties. You also said the Mach 1 has the Handling Package so figure another $1200-$1500 for tires to replace the Cup2's (not a street tire). I mention this as you already said the Mach 1 is going to be a financial stretch.

The Mach 1 is also just a base car while your GT will be a premium. Are there features other than the seat colors that you really want? Some of the creature comforts you will use everyday. The advantages of the Mach 1 will only be used when you really push it and/or on the track. (For seat color you can get covers for cloth seats as well).

Last thing is the wait. Do not let this push you into making a rash decision. Buyers remorse sucks. The last thing you want is to get the Mach 1 and regret not getting the GT. Don't laugh, it can happen. Just ask some old Shelby GT350 buyers when they realized it was not a car they could live with on a day to day basis. It can be a costly error.
Bikeman315 good questions. I have been surfing the Mach 1 threads and the GT threads. Alot to take in.

So first I'm in my mid 50s and this is a midlife crisis car as my late mom used to joke.

I am looking for a cool cruiser that can handle the power it has properly (driver too of course). I'll mainly be doing evening and weekend driving and no winter driving. The car is to be a keeper.

The GT I ordered was going to be personalized by me over the next couple of years to make it more classic looking and functional. Pony grill and 50th anniversary wheels etc.. plus I was going to install the jack points and hood struts and maybe the intake kit to add bling under the hood. Probably take it to cruise nights and put up with the built vs bought debate and generally use it as a hobby car. I might track it at both drag strip and awesome road course we have near here. Calabogie check it out. But that would be the exception. Mainly for daily summer fun.

I like fully loaded but that pertains to both the interior and performance. My first dream S550 was a 2020 PP2, then the 2021 PP1 and then the 2021 Mach1 premium with no HP.

I realize the tires will have to go and the dealer should be able to do that before pickup. I keep the tires for track day maybe.

I hear the lower air dam can be removed as well as the Gurney spoiler if I want so that's not a show stopper for me. I do like all the mechanical bits added to the Mach 1.

Anyway that's it in a nutshell. For now.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
OP is getting a PP car with MagneRide. Once he gets the M1 HP and changes out the Cup2 tires the handling differences will shrink especially if the car is not going to see the track. M1's are great cars but they are not for everyone.

The financial part I can live with. Just means a larger down payment. I have been looking at this Mach1 for 5 months now. Still now sold. Hopefully I didn't jinx it. I haven't even driven an S550 before so other than the tramping issue which can be fixed and the road race body parts I would be fine with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Still not sold.

tramlining issue

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
To close out this thread. Got the car three weeks ago. Have about 800km on the odometer now. Love the car. Starting my upgrades slowly. I love the rims more than I thought I would. Picture of it coming off the truck. I post more in the introduction thread and then over to the 10R80 thread.

My GT 1.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
To close out this thread. Got the car three weeks ago. Have about 800km on the odometer now. Love the car. Starting my upgrades slowly. I love the rims more than I thought I would. Picture of it coming off the truck. I post more in the introduction thread and then over to the 10R80 thread.

My GT 1.jpg
Congratulations! She’s a beauty. 👍

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Congratulations! She’s a beauty. 👍
Ya she is. Makes me smile everytime I see her. She's getting her first no dealer bath tomorrow. PPF in August. I'll be leaking around these threads. Love this community. Have a great night Bikeman. Happy 1st or 4th depending on which side of the 49th you're on.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150

My GT 1.jpg
Congrats! I think those are my favorite S550 wheels, other than the GT350 wheels. Just something about them, looks great with red too

Sponsored
OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Congrats! I think those are my favorite S550 wheels, other than the GT350 wheels. Just something about them, looks great with red too
Thanks for that. I was very unsure but there are tooany PP1 with the blacks rims around including red ones and I just want to not see myself coming down the road. We all know these are more than cars but something more personal hence the customization. The rims have more presence and detail in person than than in the picture. Be neat to see them a little wider with more tire like a PP2 or Mach 1. Saw a nice beauty of a dark Blue Mustang with PP2 tires and rims and a custom flip up spoiler, looked mean and muscular. Could have been an actual PP2.
Have a great night Br_an.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Damn autocorrect makes it look like I can't spell. My writing sucks but I can spell. 😀

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Thought the Magneride would come in handy over tough Canadian roads. Because I haven't owned an S550 im hoping folks with and without Magneride can sound off. I am fond of savings the cash!
Yeah, those harsh Canadian roads were tough on my old Mustang.

snow.png

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto

nustang