ProTorque 10r80 converter

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Still hasn’t gone in the car. Ongoing work in progress. My twin turbo application will benefit greatly, just not sure I can tolerate it in the street. Opinions on street-ability seem to be mixed.
I would probably stay with them. Just tell them what you have and how you plan to drive it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
there was no advantage to the billet front
the Circle D rep I spoke to yesterday said it does help with bearing clearances. although the lock up piston is on the rear cover it stands to reason that pressure does push on the front cover...if it wasn't necessary they wouldn't be making it same with ProTorque. circle d was having issues with the billet front covers getting stuck in cranks and are redesigning them for rerelease next month. ProTorque should have theirs ready by February.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
the Circle D rep I spoke to yesterday said it does help with bearing clearances. although the lock up piston is on the rear cover it stands to reason that pressure does push on the front cover...if it wasn't necessary they wouldn't be making it same with ProTorque. circle d was having issues with the billet front covers getting stuck in cranks and are redesigning them for rerelease next month. ProTorque should have theirs ready by February.
Interesting. Not sure why they would have talked me out of it. It was honestly a cheap upgrade and he said he would gladly do it but there was no benefit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Interesting. Not sure why they would have talked me out of it. It was honestly a cheap upgrade and he said he would gladly do it but there was no benefit.
I'd believe the company. If it helped there is no way they would have talked you out of it.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Circle D Representative just emailed me back answering my question's about their converters.

circle D Converter.png
Sponsored