Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
ProChargerTech, I have a ‘19 Bullitt looking to go with a Procharger. I have 4.09 gears sitting in my part pile. Would this help or hinder the Procharger performance? I’m not a drag racer and don’t do hard starts (1st gear). I generally like hitting it in 2-4th gears. After that, I usually left off. My hope is since the ProCharger hits higher up in the revs, the 4.09 gears would help pickup in the lower rpm’s. What do you think? My Bullitt feels tall in the gears.
IMO it’s not gonna do you any good. If you are not going from a dig then low RPMs don’t even matter. Plus It might get too high RPMs a little bit faster with 4.09 but with the taller gears it’s gonna stay at the High rpm/boost longer. I think it’s a wash. What size are your tires
Sponsored

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
Thanks for replying. I appreciate the perspective. I’m running 275/40-R19‘s but will be going to 305’s. I was thinking of going with the gears and a tune for awhile before the Procharger but don’t want to install anything that would be counterproductive to my ultimate goal of the Procharger.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks for replying. I appreciate the perspective. I’m running 275/40-R19‘s but will be going to 305’s. I was thinking of going with the gears and a tune for awhile before the Procharger but don’t want to install anything that would be counterproductive to my ultimate goal of the Procharger.
Who do you plan to have tune the vehicle. They would be the best person to speak with

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I was also thinking of going 4.09 gears. My rear tires are 305 35 r19 nto5rs. 3rd gear at 7500rpm it like 120 mph. What I hate with my 3.55s is if I'm on the freeway or doing 60 and wanna punch it 2 gear is already redlining or close to it, but 3rd gear puts me in to low to start making good power. I'm on a stg 2 p1x on stock boost and 91 octane. I think with 4 more lbs of boost plus headers plus e85 tune it would pull very differently in 3rd. I'm going to leave the gearing alone until I make the power I wanna make then see how it runs

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was also thinking of going 4.09 gears. My rear tires are 305 35 r19 nto5rs. 3rd gear at 7500rpm it like 120 mph. What I hate with my 3.55s is if I'm on the freeway or doing 60 and wanna punch it 2 gear is already redlining or close to it, but 3rd gear puts me in to low to start making good power. I'm on a stg 2 p1x on stock boost and 91 octane. I think with 4 more lbs of boost plus headers plus e85 tune it would pull very differently in 3rd. I'm going to leave the gearing alone until I make the power I wanna make then see how it runs
More boost + e85 is a good idea. It is a completely different animal.
It probably feels like it’s not pulling like it should in 3rd because of the 91 more then the gears.
I would wait on the gears until you have tried them out at your goal hp also

Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Getting ready to install a PX1 stage 2 on my 2015 GT conv with 3.55 axle and 27.6" rear tires.
Going with a custom tune for 93 octane and 650 rear wheel hp. If I go WOT from a dead stop in normal drive mode and traction control on what would the car do?
Smoke the tires or would traction control kick in and trim spark or fuel and keep the car from loosing traction?

Also how would the cruise control react if set at 80 mph and catch a 65 mph car then change lanes, my car current feels like the cruise just about goes WOT until back up to speed?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you hammer down at a stop It will do everything it can to stop you from breaking loose.
It will get back up to speed almost the same as stock. It’s not until you actually do go WOT that it transforms into the beast. Otherwise it will drive almost exactly like it does now

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Has anyone found a way to have the boost come in gradually from the procharger vs boost or no boost? Seems a proportional valve could be used to add boost at lower throttle openings and just add until full boost at WOT.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Has anyone found a way to have the boost come in gradually from the procharger vs boost or no boost? Seems a proportional valve could be used to add boost at lower throttle openings and just add until full boost at WOT.
At part throttle you are under vacuum and have no need for boost. The boost is delivered progressively. not all or nothing

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
You can make 650 whp with the 4.75 pulley, easily, but if you drop down to the other pulleys you mentioned your gonna need e-85 or meth injection and a fuel system because you’ll run outta fuel with a bap spinning the blower that fast. 4:09 gears are way to steep for the street. Keep your 3:55s they are perfectly matched for street strip action with your Procharger set up.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You can make 650 whp with the 4.75 pulley, easily, but if you drop down to the other pulleys you mentioned your gonna need e-85 or meth injection and a fuel system because you’ll run outta fuel with a bap spinning the blower that fast. 4:09 gears are way to steep for the street. Keep your 3:55s they are perfectly matched for street strip action with your Procharger set up.
409 might be too steep for your liking, but stating its too steep for the street is a bizarre statement.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would say less shifting, lower gear longer and in boost longer. Of course you don't want something like a 2.73 but I think the 3.55/3.73 are good for the centri power delivery

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
ProChargerTech, I have a ‘19 Bullitt looking to go with a Procharger. I have 4.09 gears sitting in my part pile. Would this help or hinder the Procharger performance? I’m not a drag racer and don’t do hard starts (1st gear). I generally like hitting it in 2-4th gears. After that, I usually left off. My hope is since the ProCharger hits higher up in the revs, the 4.09 gears would help pickup in the lower rpm’s. What do you think? My Bullitt feels tall in the gears.
Stick or Auto

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
409 might be too steep for your liking, but stating its too steep for the street is a bizarre statement.
How many guys do you know with our type setups and 650 wheel with 4.09 gears on the street, probably none. What would be rare or bizarre is finding anyone with that set up!
Sponsored