NGauge Data Logging Education

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Will begin data logging using an Ngauge for a newly installed Procharger Stage II with P1X.

The instructions I was sent say:

When you are ready to datalog simply go to diagnostics>datalogging> select the config and then normal or race mode. By touching the screen it will start the logger. It will indicate that it is recording by the yellow light blinking rapidly.

Instructions also say the initial log is done from idle to 3K rpm. So my question is how much time is needed to accomplish this? Only a minute or 2 after reaching full operational temp?

On the second phase it's idle to 4K, third phase is WOT.

Any info would be appreciated so I get the right the first time.
Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Will begin data logging using an Ngauge for a newly installed Procharger Stage II with P1X.

The instructions I was sent say:

When you are ready to datalog simply go to diagnostics>datalogging> select the config and then normal or race mode. By touching the screen it will start the logger. It will indicate that it is recording by the yellow light blinking rapidly.

Instructions also say the initial log is done from idle to 3K rpm. So my question is how much time is needed to accomplish this? Only a minute or 2 after reaching full operational temp?

On the second phase it's idle to 4K, third phase is WOT.

Any info would be appreciated so I get the right the first time.
When you go from idle to 3K RPM's, gradually take the RPMs up which should take 5 seconds or so. I would repeat that 2 to 3 times and send that off to the tuner.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vert,

Thanks, that helps a lot.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Data logging not going as planned. Following the instructions PBD emailed I:

Press Diagnostics

Press Datalogging

Gauge shows 0 of 0 files in Configuration, so I hit right arrow and get 1 of 0 files (to create a new file)

When I press any thing in the small config window nothing happens

When I press anywhere in the gauge touch screen nothing happens

When I press the "Check Mark", as if to begin datalogging, gauge returns to back Diagnostics

No Normal or Race Mode ever populates the gauge. Yellow light never blinks to verify log activity. I cut off the engine, restarted, reconnected the gauge and get the same thing. So no datalogging success at this point.

Good new is the car starts instantly and idles perfectly.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try watching any youtube videos on data logging with nGauge? There are a few. I’ve watched a couple as I will be doing this in the summer. Doesn’t seem very difficult. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Data logging not going as planned. Following the instructions PBD emailed I:

Press Diagnostics

Press Datalogging

Gauge shows 0 of 0 files in Configuration, so I hit right arrow and get 1 of 0 files (to create a new file)

When I press any thing in the small config window nothing happens

When I press anywhere in the gauge touch screen nothing happens

When I press the "Check Mark", as if to begin datalogging, gauge returns to back Diagnostics

No Normal or Race Mode ever populates the gauge. Yellow light never blinks to verify log activity. I cut off the engine, restarted, reconnected the gauge and get the same thing. So no datalogging success at this point.

Good new is the car starts instantly and idles perfectly.
Did you verify that your Ngauge doesn't require an update? PBD will have the update and how to update it with the Ngauge or with a micro SD card.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
PBD said they could unlock my gauge and they did. I have the start up file downloaded into the car. I have loaded everything PBD has sent to me.

I have reached out to PBD and thought I would post this to get some collective wisdom/experience from the forum members.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Lets see, it's been over a year since I did my last data logs, but i selected the PID's needed by swiping thru all the ones available, which is many, select and it will have a Star by it. Once you have selected those, when ready to data log, hit the center screen, light sets flashing and it's now data logging what you have selected. Hit screen again and it stops and stores it, next you hit the center screen, data log 2 is started, and so on. Pull the mini SD card, put in computer, email and so on.
Sometime yes, tuner will send you a Config file with all the PID's they want data logged.
Some tuners will have you do a slow rev to 5k over a 30 second time, just depends. Once that is checked by tuner, then go out and do some real data logging and hold on!
Alex Flores YDBT has some excellent Youtube video's out there and he does an excellent job of explaining the NGauge.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You should have been sent a configuration file or a list of pid’s they want

Sponsored
OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For me, the instructions kinda suck. No pid file, and the links supplied are not really intuitive for the first timer.

I'm sure I'll get through this, but based on my experience so far, more time could have been devoted for a newbie.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the 1st datalog completed.

I still stand behind the fact better info could have been provided.

msonsite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150 Roush Nitemare
I have the 1st datalog completed.

I still stand behind the fact better info could have been provided.
I just got my first datalogging config files today, loaded into the configs folder (on SD card), I am having same issue as you (no files when I select data logging)... what did you do to get your first log?

I did the firmware update, and followed the instructions... some YouTube videos are saying do not put in configs but put files in root... I tried this but still no go.
Thanks!