ProCharger advice needed

MadMikeKs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, Avalanche Grey
Looking into getting either a Stage 1 or 2 ProCharger system for my 18 GT. Current mods are Corsa Long Tubes, Corsa Extreme Cat back, JLT CAI, and PBD tune.

Which system would you go for? I do have the stock air box in the garage if I need to go that route. I plan on just using the stock tune that will come with the complete kit for at least a little while. Will go dyno and updated tune eventually.

Any advice or opinions are appreciated. I have done research.

Thanks in advance.

Pic of my car for Attention.
Snapshot_3.png
Sponsored

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
I would go with a Stage 2 because it’s a 8 run kit and comes with the bigger intercooler. D1SC or a D1X from the get rather than the P series.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Definitely stage 2. You won’t be disappointed

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Stage 2 for sure. What are your goals? That will determine the head unit. Going bigger than you need is pointless if you don't have the engine or the sack to turn it up. P1x can put you in the high 8s and low 150s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadMikeKs

MadMikeKs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My goals are to have a kick ass daily driver that can hand out some L's here and there.

Seriously though, I am looking to have 650whp, so nothing too crazy. I am sure the P series will be enough for my needs. Not wanting to go too crazy because I do not want to keep going bigger. I do think I want the Stage 2 because, why not, and I like the bigger intercooler. Any advice on what I may want that may not be in the complete kit? Thanks again.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
My goals are to have a kick ass daily driver that can hand out some L's here and there.

Seriously though, I am looking to have 650whp, so nothing too crazy. I am sure the P series will be enough for my needs. Not wanting to go too crazy because I do not want to keep going bigger. I do think I want the Stage 2 because, why not, and I like the bigger intercooler. Any advice on what I may want that may not be in the complete kit? Thanks again.
With that said, I'd recommend stage 2 p1x and the red race valve.

OP
OP
MadMikeKs

MadMikeKs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
OK, stage 2 it will be!

As far as the "Complete Kit" goes, does anyone know what the fuel system upgrade consists of? I cannot find any info on it. I can just see it says • Fuel system upgrade and nGauge handheld programmer included (Complete Kit only).

The other question I have is about the kits that say to use Factory Air Box - Would it be better to save the $200 and use my factory air box or should I spend the extra and use the air box that came with my JLT CAI?

Any suggestions on gauges I should get/use or should I just get a mount for the ngauge controller?

Thanks again, I do appreciate all your advice.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally have the stg2 D1X, love it... definitely go with stage 2 p1-x if you dont have plans to go big or go home. That blower will give you all you ask for like 80foxcoupe says and more than you want at a later date after you have been bitten by boost. Only get the red race valve if you want to here it all the time, the pro-flo is just fine for starter, personally I like the sound and got the tial as an upgrade later. Helical cut gears unless you like the sounds of grinding rocks. Would most definitely spend the money out the gate for a email tune though, I think ther more in depth and to get what you want. I am sure oil pump gears will come up, go with your gut, I did them as many have and there are many out there that haven't- still running!! Idea on what package and from where, cause we can all help you spend your money. Lol...

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK, stage 2 it will be!

As far as the "Complete Kit" goes, does anyone know what the fuel system upgrade consists of? I cannot find any info on it. I can just see it says • Fuel system upgrade and nGauge handheld programmer included (Complete Kit only).

The other question I have is about the kits that say to use Factory Air Box - Would it be better to save the $200 and use my factory air box or should I spend the extra and use the air box that came with my JLT CAI?

Any suggestions on gauges I should get/use or should I just get a mount for the ngauge controller?

Where's this kit from?

Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lethal, good choice that's where I got mine.
Ditch the air box, let it breath.
Fuel: larger injectors hopefully the 1050x's but I think you only get thoughs with the other package and a boost a pump, not really sure on 18's fuel system.
Give them a call there really good to work with and will answer all your questions.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
OK, stage 2 it will be!

Stock airbox??? Post a link.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Personally have the stg2 D1X, love it... definitely go with stage 2 p1-x if you dont have plans to go big or go home. That blower will give you all you ask for like 80foxcoupe says and more than you want at a later date after you have been bitten by boost. Only get the red race valve if you want to here it all the time, the pro-flo is just fine for starter, personally I like the sound and got the tial as an upgrade later. Helical cut gears unless you like the sounds of grinding rocks. Would most definitely spend the money out the gate for a email tune though, I think ther more in depth and to get what you want. I am sure oil pump gears will come up, go with your gut, I did them as many have and there are many out there that haven't- still running!! Idea on what package and from where, cause we can all help you spend your money. Lol...
You can go big with a p1x
https://www.procharger.com/automoti...0l-ho-stgII-intercooled-system-factory-airbox

He's referring to the 50 state legal kit for California that uses the shared drive and is similar to a vortech or paxton in design.
Skip that 50state stuff and go with the driver side stage 2.
Sponsored