Procharged 2014 overheating issue HELP NEEDED

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I say also replace the radiator hoses as they been put through lots of heat and could cause it to collapsed when the car is driven.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I’m not sure that you are even having a problem because the fan is not programmed to turn on until 212 at 40% and at 223 in turns on 100%

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
I’m not sure that you are even having a problem because the fan is not programmed to turn on until 212 at 40% and at 223 in turns on 100%
Not sure what you mean. I know the car is getting hot because I have a mechanical gauge hooked up for coolant temp and have verified the cylinder head temp with a infrared thermometer.

As for the fans coming on I'm not sure what the previous owner did tune wise. But im guessing it was changed in there at some point.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
People are regularly seeing 240cht in the summer and as high as 255

Sponsored

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
What is the highest temperature you have seen
My CHT have been over 260 before I shut the car down. And my coolant temp was 237. And I have seen 250 CHT while on the highway which I don't think should get the hot with all the airflow at those speeds.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My CHT have been over 260 before I shut the car down. And my coolant temp was 237. And I have seen 250 CHT while on the highway which I don't think should get the hot with all the airflow at those speeds.
I agree that is to hot

Sponsored
OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
You have pretty much covered everything I would try the new fans
I agree man. This is the first time I have been at a loss with a car/engine issue. If the fans don't fix it I will be out of ideas.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I agree man. This is the first time I have been at a loss with a car/engine issue. If the fans don't fix it I will be out of ideas.
Like I said I have had this problem come in a lot and they are almost always missing the air dam or fans not working. Unless you’re fan is not strong enough to pull through the radiator condenser if you have one and intercooler

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Curious - how and where did you tap the probe for the mechanical coolant temp gauge?

Are you certain there isn't any air in the system at all? If there is air trapped it could be causing your high coolant temps.

If the probe for the mechanical gauge isn't being totally submerged in coolant (due to trapped air) that too will give a false temp reading.

I also recall you stating the car is S/C - with that said most likely a tune as well. Do you know what the parameters are in the tune for the thermostat or fans to kick on?

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Curious - how and where did you tap the probe for the mechanical coolant temp gauge?

Are you certain there isn't any air in the system at all? If there is air trapped it could be causing your high coolant temps.

If the probe for the mechanical gauge isn't being totally submerged in coolant (due to trapped air) that too will give a false temp reading.

I also recall you stating the car is S/C - with that said most likely a tune as well. Do you know what the parameters are in the tune for the thermostat or fans to kick on?

I tapped into the top radiator hose. Which is the coolant coming out of the block. Figures that's the most accurate place.

As far as air in the system, I have used every way imaginable to make sure it was bled correctly including a vacuum pump. So if there is air in there I have no idea how to get it out.

Yes the car is supercharged and tuned. I believe the fan comes on between 160-180 degrees

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This is different for sure. Most Coyote mustangs have plenty of cooling. My car doesn’t even run a expansion tank and I have got rid of a lot of the hoses and I still have no problems. All I can think is airflow. Wire your fan to run all the time and see what that does
Sponsored