Sponsored

Process for drop ship @ different Ford Dealer?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
To the OP, don't get your hopes up. It can't hurt to ask, but it winds up being nothing more than a hassle for all parties involved. Best of luck with the process.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I'll have to defer to your experience on the delivery/maintenance stuff, but all I can say is that they were very professional ordering my car and handled everything about as perfect as you could hope for considering we did everything over the phone 1000+ miles away and I never set foot in the show room. I would buy a car from them again based on my (one) experience.
probably because they would never be able to sell that car locally. They've had a GT500 non CFTP and a M1 HP car sitting there for better part of 6 months now.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
IF you do it, just pray that the vehicle doesn't show up damaged. Because then you are going to have 2 different dealers pointing fingers at each other. I know some won't do it strictly because of that. I was going to be charged $500 for the work from the "receiving" dealer on a different vehicle but chose to fly out and pick it up once delivered instead.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
IF you do it, just pray that the vehicle doesn't show up damaged. Because then you are going to have 2 different dealers pointing fingers at each other. I know some won't do it strictly because of that. I was going to be charged $500 for the work from the "receiving" dealer on a different vehicle but chose to fly out and pick it up once delivered instead.
This would be a major concern for me. When my CFTP was delivered, I discovered defects in my CF wing. If it wasn't my dealership, it would have been nothing but problems.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Hi all,

I am getting ready to order a 22 GT500 from an out of state dealer. Does anyone know if you are able to have the car delivered to a different dealer that’s close to you and what the process is? Your help is appreciated in advance!!
It seems audacious to me to buy a Shelby from a dealer and have it shipped to another dealer for processing. Would the second dealer be entitled to part of the profit ??? Is there a fee charged for processing the vehicle at the second dealer.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It seems audacious to me to buy a Shelby from a dealer and have it shipped to another dealer for processing. Would the second dealer be entitled to part of the profit ??? Is there a fee charged for processing the vehicle at the second dealer.
The fee is whatever the receiving dealer wants to charge. As I mentioned a few posts up, my local dealer was going to charge $500. They had to receive it, prep it and there was still some paperwork involved.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The fee is whatever the receiving dealer wants to charge. As I mentioned a few posts up, my local dealer was going to charge $500. They had to receive it, prep it and there was still some paperwork involved.
Yep, or you could ship it enclosed with a reputable shipper for about $1 a mile.

Many good points brought up here. If the car ends up damaged, it will be a cluster F getting it all sorted out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
These are not shelbys'. They are Ford Mustangs that Ford pays a great deal of money to use the Shelby name.
Sponsored