Problems found on Australian Mustangs

russ16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs 1965 2016
The first specks of dandruff have appeared above my pony's back.

No amount of head & shoulders is likely to prevent it turning into a snowstorm.
Drivers side replaced this morning - took them less than 10 minutes. It started with dandruff and ended up like a hunch back horse with a cape. Passenger side holding up well after 3000 k and nearly 4 months.

I asked if it's a new part or replacement. They didn't know except to say it's the same part number. Their previous warranty fixes have lasted they reckon. Time will tell.
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Drivers side replaced this morning - took them less than 10 minutes. It started with dandruff and ended up like a hunch back horse with a cape. Passenger side holding up well after 3000 k and nearly 4 months.

I asked if it's a new part or replacement. They didn't know except to say it's the same part number. Their previous warranty fixes have lasted they reckon. Time will tell.
Mine had the exact same thing happen. The new one seems OK for now after a couple of thousand K's.

64-DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Australian Fastback GT Deep Impact Blue
My Sync screen went blank for 5 minutes yesterday. Then I got a "Performing scheduled system maintenance" screen as below. After that, it took a few minutes to re-start and seems to be functioning normally. It has kept my custom wallpaper and settings.

Seems like I'm not the only one;
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33213
image.jpg

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone experienced any rattles/noises from the interior of the their Mustangs yet?

Did a few K's last night and there is rattle coming from the centre of the dash, somewhere behind the screen or near the air vents. Doesn't go away if you push on any of the panels, or vents. Emptied the glove box to make sure it wasn't coming from there and if your sitting in either front seat it definitely sounds like it's coming from the middle of the dash. It's not real loud but now that I've heard it I can't stop hearing it, even with the radio up loud you can still pick it out. It occurs just after you've gone over a bump, to me it sounds like a connector or wiring harness slightly vibrating on something.

Guess it will be another thing to add to the list for the First Service.

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
I reported impressions a week or so back under Fidelio thread that I had clutch shudder from the first let out of the clutch driving away from the dealer. By no means by me mentioning his am I indicating my car is anything but an isolated incidence, but heck, its a forum so I'll share. So I have been to the dealer (very helpful) visit to dealer with ~300klms on it now it is acknowledged I indeed do have a clutch shudder. Easily detectable - didn't need to drive it more than 1m! It is felt through the pedal like high spots on the flywheel (for all us older guys that have had cars with dicky clutches you will know what I mean) and with the rubbery drive-line these cars have, when at low revs reversing or inching forward you will get drive-line whipping/clanking - yeh put the clutch in and it stops, but it makes reversing into tight spots a much more difficult exercise. Just shouldn't do it. Anyway - TBA on next steps - report sent to Ford - awaiting outcome. Otherwise car delights and -
nothing wrong with the noise when you get it over 3500 rpm with a bit of wellie is there lads!

Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I think I put the hex on myself, I was commenting to my wife that I've had no problems with my pony projection lights and next day they don't seem to work anymore!! Bummer maybe I shut the door to hard !!!!?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Driver side projection light has started to flake away on mine too. Look's like it's a common issue.

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
I've just had my 3000km service, and there were 3 main things that I pointed out:
1 - Drivers Side Tail Light - after a really heavy rain a month or so back, I noticed that the tail light had some condensation in it. This was replaced with a new one. Incidentally I mentioned this to the dealer when he rang me for a courtesy follow up, and he was surprised that it was replaced because they have apparently said to others that it wasn't a "sealed unit".
Leak.jpg

2 - Scratch on bonnet lip - Sitting in the driver's seat, looking straight over the sterring wheel, the bonnet lip closest to the windscreen wiper arm had a 1 inch graze on it. I noticed this about a week after taking delivery. Wasn't sure if the bottom of the wiper arm was coming in contact with the lip but apparently not. When I too it in for service, I looked at 2 other Mustangs in for service, and they had nicks or scratches in the same place, and the Hertz one in Melbourne airport had the same thing. Apparently it may be caused at the docks when loading, lifting the bonnet with the wipers slightly up? Don't know, but has been on every Mustang that I've cared to look at in that detail since noticing it. They touched this up overnight and it is now gone.
Scratch.jpg

3 - Rattle - centre console right in the middle where the brushed aluminium meets the plastic near the AC vents. Have noticed a rattle. Have pushed and pulled on the Aluminium, and that "fixes" it for a while, but it still comes back. Service technicians said that they checked and everything was done up as it should be.

All in all, I'm pretty happy.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
2 - Scratch on bonnet lip - Sitting in the driver's seat, looking straight over the sterring wheel, the bonnet lip closest to the windscreen wiper arm had a 1 inch graze on it. I noticed this about a week after taking delivery. Wasn't sure if the bottom of the wiper arm was coming in contact with the lip but apparently not. When I too it in for service, I looked at 2 other Mustangs in for service, and they had nicks or scratches in the same place, and the Hertz one in Melbourne airport had the same thing. Apparently it may be caused at the docks when loading, lifting the bonnet with the wipers slightly up? Don't know, but has been on every Mustang that I've cared to look at in that detail since noticing it.
When the accessory power is off, you can manually move the wipers and lift them from the windscreen (to allow for easier cleaning etc.)

If you happen to turn the accessory power on whilst the wipers are still in the lifted position, the wipers will attempt to move back to the default position and will strike the leading edge of the bonnet in the area you describe, causing said damage.

The wipers are quite often in the lifted position on the US docks (especially during snow season) and I suspect that this is where the majority of this damage occurs - careless dock workers.

For the record, I have it too.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
When the accessory power is off, you can manually move the wipers and lift them from the windscreen (to allow for easier cleaning etc.)

If you happen to turn the accessory power on whilst the wipers are still in the lifted position, the wipers will attempt to move back to the default position and will strike the leading edge of the bonnet in the area you describe, causing said damage.

The wipers are quite often in the lifted position on the US docks (especially during snow season) and I suspect that this is where the majority of this damage occurs - careless dock workers.

Me too damn it but very slight hadnt noticed it until now grrr so i suppose doesnt matter.

Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

Probably something to add to the delivery checklist. Better the dealer fixes it before I get it than after.

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
On delivery of my Mustang GT 3 Months ago, my Rear Decklid was distorted, just above the reversing camera.

It did not sit flush up against the boot lid / trunk.

It has become worse over the last 3 Months.

Today my Dealer replaced the Rear Decklid under warranty.

On arriving home and backing into my garage, I find the Coloured Guide Lines are no longer on the Reversing Camera Screen, and the Zoom Function does not work.

The Video / Picture is ok.

Looks like another trip back to the Dealer.

All you guys who have changed your Rear Decklid, have you had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
Graeme

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
On delivery of my Mustang GT 3 Months ago, my Rear Decklid was distorted, just above the reversing camera.

On arriving home and backing into my garage, I find the Coloured Guide Lines are no longer on the Reversing Camera Screen, and the Zoom Function does not work.

All you guys who have changed your Rear Decklid, have you had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
Graeme
Had the same issue with a warped deck lid replaced under warranty. Dealer told me that the new deck lid came with a new camera and they had get the old camera out of the original deck lid and swap it over to get the lines back. Strange that there are different cameras with and without the lines .......

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT

Thanks
Graeme
Hi Graeme,
if the camera is a new one that came with the deck lid , the dealer will need to initialize the new camera to the car, to get the lines back.

hope this helps
Max Q

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
3 - Rattle - centre console right in the middle where the brushed aluminium meets the plastic near the AC vents. Have noticed a rattle. Have pushed and pulled on the Aluminium, and that "fixes" it for a while, but it still comes back. Service technicians said that they checked and everything was done up as it should be.
Is this rattle gone? Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Sounds like it's coming from the centre area of the dash near the air vents.
When I was coating the black plastic under the bonnet the other day and my hand hit the washer nozzle, made a very similar noise to the rattle I have in the dash. They're not very secure and rattle around, so does the hose for it, had me wondering if that could also possibly be the cause of the noise...
Sponsored