Sponsored

Problems found on Australian Mustangs

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
Now that there has been a lot delivered, there has been reports of problems, eg badly aligned panels, paint issues etc, so this is a place to let others know what to look out for when they get theirs "before they take delivery"
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Hopefully its just a small percentage. How often do you see complaints about your car being perfect? Its only ever the negatives getting aired out on social media, websites, forums etc

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Doesn't have 4 doors.

Back seats too small.

Not made in Australia.

Doesn't have a falcon badge.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
My boot lid wasn't aligned on the right hand side, but that was an easy fix by the dealer at PD.

There is an ever so minor paint imperfection on the rear bar - you have to look very closely with the right light to spot it, however I'm not going to be getting the bar resprayed - I don't want to go through the pain of paint mismatch and them trying to blend other panels.

I have heard about some cars having poor panel alignment and bad dirt in the paint - there were some people posting about it on the Ford Australia facebook page.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Everyone has different expectations and to me if you find something you are not happy with for gods sake talk to the dealer and get it fixed at the first service or sooner if you can't wait that long. Why people jump straight into social media before giving the dealer a chance to rectify a problem astounds me.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Everyone has different expectations and to me if you find something you are not happy with for gods sake talk to the dealer and get it fixed at the first service or sooner if you can't wait that long. Why people jump straight into social media before giving the dealer a chance to rectify a problem astounds me.
Exactly right! Sadly, we've become a nation of whining sooks and as soon as something doesn't fall our way we become keyboard warriors and light up the social media pages with threats

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have heard about some cars having poor panel alignment and bad dirt in the paint - there were some people posting about it on the Ford Australia facebook page.

Yeah I have read a lot of this kind of stuff... it really is worth going over everything at the dealer. Might feel like an idiot being over picky about it all, but its the only way to pick up the problems (if there are any) before you accept delivery.

I want to know...how is it that dirt/debris seems to be so common when the spraying is done by robots?
or is this another case of 'oh these are the export ones we can just do the spraying out in the car park. We need the spray booths for the Left Hand Drives.

But only time will tell, Most of the members who have taken delivery on these forums seem to be pretty happy with the car they took delivery of... or have not mentioned anything alarming. So that at least is encouraging.

For all I know, the woman who kicked up a fuss on Ford Australia FB....the one who gave the keys back to the dealer as opposed to selling the thing for profit.
She could be an ex-employee or the wife of someone who lost their job at Ford Australia and has a chip on their shoulder over the falcon being extinct, and the mustang being so well received. Trying to prove a point/generate negative media attention.

Of-course, this is just a thought, and I'm just putting it out there, but her experience is not in line with anything I have heard from the people who have taken delivery on this forum. Its possible she is a genuine customer and really did receive a poor quality product. Hard to tell when the story is limited on detail and pictures.

Even when the Mustang was announced for the Australian market, there were people commenting on some of the earlier articles who were ex ford employees, saying how bad the car was (none were built yet), and later on when the first lot arrived, to 'put them back on the boat and send them back to the USA!!!'
Others were just Falcon hardcores.

All we can do is wait for ours to arrive, and see what we get :shrug:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I think you may have hit the nail on the head MustandDownUnder and Gnome. Who knows the story behind the complaints and let's face it - everyone has a different perception of what is and isn't acceptable.

For me I'm extremely happy with mine, irrespective of the minor issues I found. My dealer had been nothing short of brilliant throughout the whole ordering/delivery, problem resolution process.

I guess what people need to take into consideration is what we are getting and the cost we are getting it for, they aren't going to have Rolls Royce quality fit, finish and materials. That's no excuse for poor workmanship by any token, just being realistic that the panel gaps may be a bit wider and the materials a bit cheaper.

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I think you may have hit the nail on the head MustandDownUnder and Gnome. Who knows the story behind the complaints and let's face it - everyone has a different perception of what is and isn't acceptable.

For me I'm extremely happy with mine, irrespective of the minor issues I found. My dealer had been nothing short of brilliant throughout the whole ordering/delivery, problem resolution process.

I guess what people need to take into consideration is what we are getting and the cost we are getting it for, they aren't going to have Rolls Royce quality fit, finish and materials. That's no excuse for poor workmanship by any token, just being realistic that the panel gaps may be a bit wider and the materials a bit cheaper.
Couldn't agree more.
As someone who went from a European car, the quality of materials and quality of workmanship on the mustang is definitely a few notches lower. But it is s ford, not a beemer or merc or audi. A rear wheel drive coupe with a V8 or even a punchy 6 cylinder from those brands would be 2 - 3 times the price of a mustang.
People need to keep their expectations in line with their budgets.
I ordered my mustang knowing that it would not be built to European luxury quality, and what I got is acceptable quality with brilliant performance.
Yes some plastics feel a bit cheap, panel gaps could be tighter & straiter and paint work is only ok, but overall I couldn't be happier with the mustang!
Only one major disappointment is omissions of tri-bar drls.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I couldn't find any issues with mine. the panel alignment is good and the paint work is the best I have seen.

However I am disappointed with 4 things which have been removed/disabled from our RHD cars:

tri-bar LED DRL
Line lock
Strut tower brace
Sequential indicator lights.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
tri-bar LED DRL
Line lock
Strut tower brace

Sequential indicator lights.
All 3 of those are fixable pretty easily. Except the last, which would be fixable too, but illegal.

Yes, line lock is "illegal" but I doubt too many would be doing in on a public street.

Hmm... maybe one individual I can think of :D