Problems found on Australian Mustangs

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone else notice that on a clear sunny day that the colour of the bumpers are lighter shade than the rest of the car ?
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Anyone else notice that on a clear sunny day that the colour of the bumpers are lighter shade than the rest of the car ?
Usually all plastic parts can have a slight variation to metal due to different painting processes - another reason is that the plastics are painted seperately and fitted up to the car during assembly.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Is this rattle gone? Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Sounds like it's coming from the centre area of the dash near the air vents.
My car seems to have developed not so much a rattle, but more of a squeak which seems to be coming from the same area.

Usually happens when I hit a bump - haven't been able to locate the source as yet.

:shrug:

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
Is this rattle gone? Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Sounds like it's coming from the centre area of the dash near the air vents.
When I was coating the black plastic under the bonnet the other day and my hand hit the washer nozzle, made a very similar noise to the rattle I have in the dash. They're not very secure and rattle around, so does the hose for it, had me wondering if that could also possibly be the cause of the noise...
I either "push" or "pull" on the brushed aluminium part when the rattle comes back, and it goes away...but inevitably comes back again.

Fieldsey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car seems to have developed not so much a rattle, but more of a squeak which seems to be coming from the same area.

Usually happens when I hit a bump - haven't been able to locate the source as yet.

:shrug:
I get the same but choose to ignore it and tun the music up haha

Yes I'm a slacker and I don't mind admitting it

Sponsored

richardxr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Apparently metallic colours are the worst for plastic painted parts - static makes the metallic particles stand up/down differently to metal. Sounds plausible...

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Apparently metallic colours are the worst for plastic painted parts - static makes the metallic particles stand up/down differently to metal. Sounds plausible...
I have noticed it on the silver, white and race red mainly the rear bumper

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I get the same but choose to ignore it and tun the music up haha

Yes I'm a slacker and I don't mind admitting it
I tried this fix but even at high volumes this rattle can still be heard, even though it's only a slight/light noise. It's like my brain is trying to find it once it knows it's there. So annoying as I can go half an hour or an hour not noticing it, but once I hear it that's it, it never disappears :frusty:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ain't no amount of head and shoulders going to get rid of this.

My car is going to the dealer on the 29th to get the deck lid misalignment sorted - I'll email them this in advance and hopefully they can kill two birds with one stone.
image.jpg

Sponsored

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Ain't no amount of head and shoulders going to get rid of this.

My car is going to the dealer on the 29th to get the deck lid misalignment sorted - I'll email them this in advance and hopefully they can kill two birds with one stone.
I guess it's a snow pony?

Btw how do the pony lights work, are they just on when the car is stationary with parkers on?

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Btw how do the pony lights work, are they just on when the car is stationary with parkers on?
The pony lights turn on when you unlock the car or open the doors. Then when you lock the doors they fade away.

They actually turn on during daylight too (so no light-sensing involved), but you just can't see them unless you hold something dark under the side mirrors.

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
I have got a similar problem that Drew has experienced where the drivers side mirror pony light is showing snow on top of it, anyone got a fix apart from a visit to the dealers?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have got a similar problem that Drew has experienced where the drivers side mirror pony light is showing snow on top of it, anyone got a fix apart from a visit to the dealers?
The issue gradually gets worse until the pony becomes totally disfigured.

Only fix is replacement of the part. I have read elsewhere of some dealers ordering the part and allowing the owner to self install (a simple process), however since mine is going in for other warranty work they can do it then (assuming they can get the part in time).

This is such a common problem, one would hope that the dealers are stocking the part.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
This is such a common problem, one would hope that the dealers are stocking the part.
I have whinged about it before, and I will whinge about it again:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:rant:
For the life of me I cant understand how Ford is allowing this to continue from the first reports of this in the previous model in 2013.
Either find an engineering solution or remove it.

So it is not a biggie on the scale of problems. My concern is that they have not addressed this in over three years......
Sponsored