Sponsored

Problems found on Australian Mustangs

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone know if we have a feature that when you drive the doors automatically lock ?

Not sure if it's a thing on the mustang... All my previous car did it
Auto locking is standard on the US model but not on the Australian. Obviously Ford incorrectly believe Australia is safer and immune from carjacking.

I suggest lobbying Ford to provide us with this safety feature as is obligatory with other car manufacturers, especially during these heightened security times we live in. Times have changed since Henry Ford released the Model T in 1908.
Sponsored

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Auto locking is standard on the US model but not on the Australian. Obviously Ford incorrectly believe Australia is safer and immune from carjacking.

I suggest lobbying Ford to provide us with this safety feature as is obligatory with other car manufacturers, especially during these heightened security times we live in. Times have changed since Henry Ford released the Model T in 1908.
I actually prefer the door not to lock. That way there's nothing in the way when I shoot them! :D:D:D

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October

But there must be a button you can press to lock all doors. Surely? Just press that I guess. Not automatic admittedly and you might forget.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

I hate cars that lock their doors automatically. Hate them.

We are in way more danger from space cadets driving around wasted on recreational drugs than we are from car jacking.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I hate cars that lock their doors automatically. Hate them.

We are in way more danger from space cadets driving around wasted on recreational drugs than we are from car jacking.
You obviously don't live in Melbourne

Sponsored

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You obviously don't live in Melbourne
Agreed. I regularly experience road rage from pathetic drivers on the road. On a number of occasions I have had people get out of their cars and attempt to open my door. The most amusing time was when a motorcyclist tried this and didn't realise a police car was sitting in a lane across watching the event unfold. The police sounded their siren and the guy literally nearly fell off his bike - hilarious!

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
But there must be a button you can press to lock all doors. Surely? Just press that I guess. Not automatic admittedly and you might forget.
Yes there is a button, on both the driver and passenger side.

What problem are we going to whinge about next? I'm waiting for the post where someone complains about the poor view over the bonnet.:ford:

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I'm waiting for the post where someone complains about the poor view over the bonnet.:ford:
My MRS already have done that when she sat inside the demo one with the drivers seat all the way back. :doh::frusty::headbonk: So i have bought her RS focus to drive :lol:

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
My MRS already have done that when she sat inside the demo one with the drivers seat all the way back. :doh::frusty::headbonk: So i have bought her RS focus to drive :lol:
So what's that - another year wait for the RS!

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So what's that - another year wait for the RS!
As some of you would say, i have jumped the que and will be end of the year delivery:ford:

Sponsored

Mrford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT DIB

What problem are we going to whinge about next? I'm waiting for the post where someone complains about the poor view over the bonnet.:ford:
It was a question ... Not a complaint

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The first specks of dandruff have appeared above my pony's back.

No amount of head & shoulders is likely to prevent it turning into a snowstorm.
image.jpg

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
I really hope Ford have implemented a permanent fix for this before mine is built.

Fieldsey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

What do you mean???
Please guy 08082016172532.jpg

64-DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Australian Fastback GT Deep Impact Blue

No amount of head & shoulders is likely to prevent it turning into a snowstorm.
Mine (passenger side) went from a few minor specs to a giant blob of white light within the space of a few weeks. Unfortunately it happened after the 3K service. Driver's side is holding up ok.
Sponsored