George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Have a friend of mine considering selling his 2020. GT350R, white with black stripes, 4600 miles, garaged, He is curious as to what he can get for it.
What's everyone's thoughts on what it's worth?
Well over 65k from what I see.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Have a friend of mine considering selling his 2020. GT350R, white with black stripes, 4600 miles, garaged, He is curious as to what he can get for it.
What's everyone's thoughts on what it's worth?
$85k-$95k private sale or BAT

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I have enjoyed my HEPR over the past year. I already put 9K miles on it. Smiles per mile for sure
Yes! That is awesome. I am just about to cross the 6000 mile threshold. Glad to see there are other like minded owners out there!

FYI: I just heard from a fairly reliable source that LR118, with only 6 miles, that was for sale in Stuart, FL did sell for $175,000.

an unbelievable number IMHO, but again, this was info from a good source.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes! That is awesome. I am just about to cross the 6000 mile threshold. Glad to see there are other like minded owners out there!

FYI: I just heard from a fairly reliable source that LR118, with only 6 miles, that was for sale in Stuart, FL did sell for $175,000.

an unbelievable number IMHO, but again, this was info from a good source.
Um.... why would anyone pay that?

Do you have any kind of link to that, or something?

I just can't believe that unless the guy who bought it was high or drunk or something.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Um.... why would anyone pay that?

Do you have any kind of link to that, or something?

I just can't believe that unless the guy who bought it was high or drunk or something.
I agree!
I can provide no proof of the transaction or the price.
I’d rather not break any confidences here, so I’ll just say it came from someone familiar with the car that would have zero motivation to give bad info.
It very well could be wholly untrue…

In the comments of the car currently on BaT the present high bidder referenced the sale…. And so I sent a quick text message to inquire if my friend knew the selling price of that 6 mile HEP R in Florida he had text me about several weeks ago.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I get others not fathoming someone paying that for one of these cars. I get it. But in reality, look what some pay for other items like purses. 5-10k. Or how about the complete lunacy in my opinion, vintage sneakers. The list is very long for things most of us would consider someone out of there mind for paying that. Atleast it this situation its for something we all appreciate, price aside.

I agree!
I can provide no proof of the transaction or the price.
I’d rather not break any confidences here, so I’ll just say it came from someone familiar with the car that would have zero motivation to give bad info.
It very well could be wholly untrue…

In the comments of the car currently on BaT the present high bidder referenced the sale…. And so I sent a quick text message to inquire if my friend knew the selling price of that 6 mile HEP R in Florida he had text me about several weeks ago.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I get others not fathoming someone paying that for one of these cars. I get it. But in reality, look what some pay for other items like purses. 5-10k. Or how about the complete lunacy in my opinion, vintage sneakers. The list is very long for things most of us would consider someone out of there mind for paying that. Atleast it this situation its for something we all appreciate, price aside.
I agree. Ultra wealthy who will never be able to spend their money probably have a different perception of $175k. I used to use the analogy of that being like you and me going out to buy a cheeseburger.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You beat me to it lol.

First HEP R offered on BaT, and it's a wrapper car! This is the one fellas.

145 k is my guess but I really have no idea what to expect.
I think you're going to be close!

I think the world has straight lost their minds, to tell you the truth. Not so much on these cars (maybe a little)... but I just inquired on a low mile 997.2 GT3 - not an RS... The douc...I mean dealer told me $250k and went on to insist that they will be $300 in 6 months to a year...This tells me 2 things - the dealer is full of shit because if he knew that, he'd just keep them... and also that dealers intend to perpetuate and ride this wave for every dollar they can get. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is the motto these days - I'm sure there are certain shortages but everyone is piling on. My electrician explained that materials are up 50%...which is why my quote was so high - but most of the quote was labor..like $3500 labor and $500 materials...Don't tell me labor has gone up 100%, too. Everyone is fighting to keep this economy broken, it seems.

That said, it certainly bolsters the value of the GT350, especially Rs and variations like the HEPR. If a GT350R outperforms 997 GT3s (it does) and is 10 years newer technology..sub 5k mile Rs must be worth at least what low mile 997s are... Very interesting times, indeed.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
My electrician explained that materials are up 50%...which is why my quote was so high - but most of the quote was labor..like $3500 labor and $500 materials...Don't tell me labor has gone up 100%, too. Everyone is fighting to keep this economy broken, it seems.
Your electrician has to account for the changes in vehicle prices as well. If his work truck breaks down and he needs a new one, he has to incur the higher purchase price.

Your electrician also has to figure in the cost of his services his additional operational costs (fuel, tools, insurance, etc) due to inflation and additional taxes.

People haven’t loss their minds, they’re actually doing what they need to do to survive… the only people who have lost their minds are the hacks in DC and the dunces who keep electing these stupid hacks.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think you're going to be close!

I think the world has straight lost their minds, to tell you the truth. Not so much on these cars (maybe a little)... but I just inquired on a low mile 997.2 GT3 - not an RS... The douc...I mean dealer told me $250k and went on to insist that they will be $300 in 6 months to a year...This tells me 2 things - the dealer is full of shit because if he knew that, he'd just keep them... and also that dealers intend to perpetuate and ride this wave for every dollar they can get. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is the motto these days - I'm sure there are certain shortages but everyone is piling on. My electrician explained that materials are up 50%...which is why my quote was so high - but most of the quote was labor..like $3500 labor and $500 materials...Don't tell me labor has gone up 100%, too. Everyone is fighting to keep this economy broken, it seems.

That said, it certainly bolsters the value of the GT350, especially Rs and variations like the HEPR. If a GT350R outperforms 997 GT3s (it does) and is 10 years newer technology..sub 5k mile Rs must be worth at least what low mile 997s are... Very interesting times, indeed.
As you know: it's worth what you are willing to pay for it.

That's why I don't own a 911, a GT350 or a new Mach 1. I'm not willing to pay the current market prices for any of those cars.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As you know: it's worth what you are willing to pay for it.

That's why I don't own a 911, a GT350 or a new Mach 1. I'm not willing to pay the current market prices for any of those cars.
Man, I know you really miss your 350… you really seemed to enjoy that car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Man, I know you really miss your 350… you really seemed to enjoy that car.
Yes I still want one. Still miss the one I owned. I still think my decision not to buy a couple winters ago when new GT350s were $5K under MSRP was the right decision for me.

But I also regret not buying one back then.
Sponsored