Prices are on the rise......

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Aside from Bill Ford who owns F0001 and HEP LR280 and HEP LR001 which is presently owned by one of our fellow members this is where the market is for an "In the wrapper and very low mileage" 2020 HEP R model and I don't see that price point for such an example taking a significant dive any time soon.

Of the 24,211 GT350/R's built which includes 3,647 R models there is no question that the 2020 R is the best engineered GT350 over the 6 year model run with the HEP being the icing on the cake for Ford and us GT350 enthusiasts which includes a very cool color/stripe combination.

As far as the new owner goes and how he spends his money, IMO that is his business.

Kudos to him for being the high bidder as there were numerous interested parties at that number and suggest that he is still smiling this morning after his recent purchase. :like: :like:
I respect your enthusiasm, but somewhere common sense has to kick in. Yes, someone paid that money for that car. What leaves me curious is to how this came to be. There is a lot of hype around this car and it is immersed in a market that is artificially inflated. There will be a correction, of that im sure. I am also fairly certain that people are going to look back on this sale in the future and wonder how this happened.

Yes, these Rs are unique, but certainly not worth what people are paying for them. This is way too soon for these cars to appreciate like this. This is a bubble and I feel bad for those spending crazy money for these cars because when there is a correction, they are going to be left upside down.

Just out of curiosity, what did your HEP sell for?
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If anyone wants to pay anywhere near that stupid number, pm me and come and get both of mine.
Interestingā€¦ when we all were back in 2015-2016 contemplating paying $65k for a new R, there were plenty of people calling us ā€œidiotsā€ for wanting to do so.

I got a dog in this fight, and I for one have no care to sell mine anytime soon. Itā€™s driven, has 2700 miles on it and is just as sweet as the day I saw it in Chatanooga in the lot.

Calling people ā€œidiotā€ for what they want to spend their money for is a personal, trivial statementā€¦ when you point a finger thereā€™s always at least 2 fingers pointing back at you. Some people might call you idiot for having more than one R and keeping your 500 that was plagued with issues, but you did, and thatā€™s your personal choice which I truly appreciate cause you saw something that made you wanna do so.

Whether itā€™s a bubble or not doesnā€™t matterā€¦ the hammer has hit on multiple HEPRā€™s considerably above $100k. They donā€™t make anymore and good luck getting a manual FPC outside of an R for less than $200k.

This guy spent his currency as he wished and it wasnā€™t just him biddingā€¦. Kudos to the sale.

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
These comments about a fool and his money are pretty funny.
Unless they inherited their money, folks with that kind of cash to blow are usually far from stupid. At least where making money is concerned.
Iā€˜ve said it beforeā€¦.Most of us cannot comprehend spending that kind of money without some very serious cuts somewhere else in our lives.
I hope we understand that without that ā€œstupid moneyā€œ, we just have an iconic car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Interestingā€¦ when we all were back in 2015-2016 contemplating paying $65k for a new R, there were plenty of people calling us ā€œidiotsā€ for wanting to do so.

I got a dog in this fight, and I for one have no care to sell mine anytime soon. Itā€™s driven, has 2700 miles on it and is just as sweet as the day I saw it in Chatanooga in the lot.

Calling people ā€œidiotā€ for what they want to spend their money for is a personal, trivial statementā€¦ when you point a finger thereā€™s always at least 2 fingers pointing back at you. Some people might call you idiot for having more than one R and keeping your 500 that was plagued with issues, but you did, and thatā€™s your personal choice which I truly appreciate cause you saw something that made you wanna do so.

Whether itā€™s a Bible or not doesnā€™t matterā€¦ the hammer has hit on multiple HEPRā€™s considerably above $100k. They donā€™t make anymore and good luck getting a manual FPC outside of an R for less than $200k.

This guy spent his currency as he wished and it wasnā€™t just him biddingā€¦. Kudos to the sale.
You have a dog in the fight, and I believe that impacts your perception. Im looking around me and seeing bubble city.

How about we make a wager? In a years time, the value will drop, not go up. Despite the fact that inflation will work on your side, I stick to my guns that this is a bubble. Idiot may have been a strong word, but I suppose I could have found a more politically correct word for someone who just parted with a lot of money for a car that appears to be artificially inflated. Naive maybe?

We will see

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I respect your enthusiasm, but somewhere common sense has to kick in. Yes, someone paid that money for that car. What leaves me curious is to how this came to be. There is a lot of hype around this car and it is immersed in a market that is artificially inflated. There will be a correction, of that im sure. I am also fairly certain that people are going to look back on this sale in the future and wonder how this happened.

Yes, these Rs are unique, but certainly not worth what people are paying for them. This is way too soon for these cars to appreciate like this. This is a bubble and I feel bad for those spending crazy money for these cars because when there is a correction, they are going to be left upside down.

Just out of curiosity, what did your HEP sell for?
I dont feel bad as much as I feel happy for the sellers that come out ahead. THe people spending this kind of money right now aren't likely going to car much if the bubble bursts, they can afford it.

I'm for companies making money but as an enthusiast, what really gets me going is cars going from dealer to dealer at a higher and higher price - and those dealers knowingly buying all of the cars they can of specific models in order to create a shortage on the private seller market... This allows them to boost the price and prevents people who looked forward to eventually obtaining their dream car, shopping for something else, or not at all.

It's all subjective. It's a throwback thing but it's the most common colored 2020 R you are going to ever see. A rather large number of enthusiasts don't like silver cars, and I can accept that. There are many color combos I'd own before a HEPR..pretty much anything else. I'd buy a HEPR but only to resell it. Many of these will be mothballed, I'm sure - does that mean 0 mile cars will go up and up and up? I do not see it happening. Will just be a stack of undrivable cars listed for unreasonable amounts on autotrader for the next 20 years.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a dog in the fight, and I believe that impacts your perception. Im looking around me and seeing bubble city.

How about we make a wager? In a years time, the value will drop, not go up. Despite the fact that inflation will work on your side, I stick to my guns that this is a bubble. Idiot may have been a strong word, but I suppose I could have found a more politically correct word for someone who just parted with a lot of money for a car that appears to be artificially inflated. Naive maybe?

We will see
With all due respect, I don't think you read my post. I donā€™t personally care to sell mine and in a year I wonā€™t care to either.

What happens in a year under Americaā€™s current circumstances could be a much more concerning issue amongst states rather than auto assessments and regardless, Iā€™m ready for either.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
With all due respect, I don't think you read my post. I donā€™t personally care to sell mine and in a year I wonā€™t care to either.

What happens in a year under Americaā€™s current circumstances could be a much more concerning issue amongst states rather than auto assessments and regardless, Iā€™m ready for either.
Sure I did, but you lost me at Bible. I think you meant bubble. I just read it again and I see you fixed it, so nevermind.

Anyway, we all have different opinions and I am happy that we have this forum to express them.

Also, I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your R. You are a driver, not a collector. The sad part is that many of these inflated Rs are being stashed away as some kind of investment.

To each his own I guess.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I love the fact that 7 years after the release of the GT350R we're still talking about how damn expensive they all are. I don't think the R market can be compared to the car markets shortage of vehicles in general. People buying R's already have a daily.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I love the fact that 7 years after the release of the GT350R we're still talking about how damn expensive they all are. I don't think the R market can be compared to the car markets shortage of vehicles in general. People buying R's already have a daily.
So do I. I hope I am wrong.... if so, that would leave me in a very good position.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If the person who bought this car has a big fat bank account, then it is irrelevant to that person whether this car goes up in price or down. However, if this person spent a majority of their money to buy this car with the hopes of profiting, then they are fools.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If the person who bought this car has a big fat bank account, then it is irrelevant to that person whether this car goes up in price or down. However, if this person spent a majority of their money to buy this car with the hopes of profiting, then they are fools.
Whether the new owner has a big fat back account or a small bank account, whether he/she purchased this car for the pure passion and enjoyment of this outstanding vehicle or looking for a long term investment, I have a difficult time understanding why you and other members label these individuals as fools and indiots?

Curious as to why you and others are so concerned about what other people do with their money whether it is hard earned or come by in another fashion?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I started a post in response to this earlier, but deleted it. What I came down to was pure hater bs, and didnā€™t post it. The reality is the idea that some one has a limited ability to complete a purchase like this in a scenario like this is a stretch to say the least. From a purely speculation perspective there are numerous other avenues that present a much more profitable avenue.

Whether the new owner has a big fat back account or a small bank account, whether he/she purchased this car for the pure passion and enjoyment of this outstanding vehicle or looking for a long term investment, I have a difficult time understanding why you and other members label these individuals as fools and indiots?

Curious as to why you and others are so concerned about what other people do with their money whether it is hard earned or come by in another fashion?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started a post in response to this earlier, but deleted it. What I came down to was pure hater bs, and didnā€™t post it. The reality is the idea that some one has a limited ability to complete a purchase like this in a scenario like this is a stretch to say the least. From a purely speculation perspective there are numerous other avenues that present a much more profitable avenue.
Why canā€™t we all just be happy for the dude in that he got a sweet ride. The fact that it hammered for what it did is a bonus to us.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
ā€¦Curious as to why you and others are so concerned about what other people do with their money whether it is hard earned or come by in another fashion?
Not concerned in the least bit, just stating an opinion.
Sponsored