Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck. I'm shocked you sold it - as I thought it would have stayed with you for a long time- based on how you described it in your you tube videos. Black is one of my favorite colors in the R.
i'm actually torn. before selling it, i had pre-seller's regret. emotionally i resisted, financially i felt it was the right thing to do at this time. i washed her up for the last time yesterday getting it ready for the new owner. he'll pick her up in the AM. that's honestly gonna be hard to see her drive away. but yeah, i love the look of black. i think it's the most sinister looking gt350. thanks for watching the vids. probably have one posted soon of the farewell.

Next toy………….???????
have a good idea. hoping to know more tomorrow đź‘€
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I found a 2016 with 23k miles for 56k. Tech package (900A)? It's in some blue color but I just dislike that purple hue. Is it worth it?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
i'm actually torn. before selling it, i had pre-seller's regret. emotionally i resisted, financially i felt it was the right thing to do at this time. i washed her up for the last time yesterday getting it ready for the new owner. he'll pick her up in the AM. that's honestly gonna be hard to see her drive away. but yeah, i love the look of black. i think it's the most sinister looking gt350. thanks for watching the vids. probably have one posted soon of the farewell.

have a good idea. hoping to know more tomorrow đź‘€
Was not having the CF wheels an issue?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I found a 2016 with 23k miles for 56k. Tech package (900A)? It's in some blue color but I just dislike that purple hue. Is it worth it?
For a regular GT350? I would pass....but then again, my advice is also completely at odds with this entire thread.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
That’s too much for 2016 with that kind of miles. You can get newer with the tech pack and track pack (both standard from 2017 on) for about the same money.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For a regular GT350? I would pass....but then again, my advice is also completely at odds with this entire thread.
That makes sense. Watching videos from two years ago and it looks like you could get these for a bit under 50k which sounds awesome. Definitely in my price range.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s too much for 2016 with that kind of miles. You can get newer with the tech pack and track pack (both standard from 2017 on) for about the same money.
My only concern about 2018 and newer are the duel port injections. Sounds like too mucn compression. But those are going fo4 65k and more.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Sad to see you go @lightrules but eagerly awaiting an update on your next toy.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
hey guys, it's been good with everyone here. enjoyed my time. after 3 years almost to the day, i sold my R yesterday and new owner picks up tomorrow. and yeah, prices on the rise for sure...
Really going to miss all your constructive and many valued comments!!:frown:

Whatever your next cool ride will be really I hope that you will stay in touch with us and continue to contribute to our Mustang6G forum from time to time.

I am sure that today will bring a great deal of mixed emotions but at the end of the day it sounds like you had a terrific ride with your R model over the last few years and looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!!! :)

Good luck, good health and stay safe!! :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
That makes sense. Watching videos from two years ago and it looks like you could get these for a bit under 50k which sounds awesome. Definitely in my price range.
Prices are insane right now. I initially planned on buying a lightly used 2019 GT350 back in July, but now they are $65k+, and I had planned on budgeting $50-55k.

Keep in mind that if you buy any of these the factory warranty will either be expired or soon expiring, so you will need to purchase an aftermarket warranty; this may be difficult with the 2016-18 cars as the factory warranty will have expired. Otherwise you risk paying $10k+ if the engine blows. Personally, I was looking at 2019+ for the engine update.

I did the math, and ended up ordering a MY'21 Mach 1 for $53k, which has been its own brand of pain with all of the production delays and cancellations. But at least I'm not getting hosed financially any more than usual.

Long story short, if you can afford to wait a year, I would do so. That or order a Mach 1, if you are OK without having the sound of the Voodoo FPC and the Shelby badging.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prices are insane right now. I initially planned on buying a lightly used 2019 GT350 back in July, but now they are $65k+, and I had planned on budgeting $50-55k.

Keep in mind that if you buy any of these the factory warranty will either be expired or soon expiring, so you will need to purchase an aftermarket warranty; this may be difficult with the 2016-18 cars as the factory warranty will have expired. Otherwise you risk paying $10k+ if the engine blows. Personally, I was looking at 2019+ for the engine update.

I did the math, and ended up ordering a MY'21 Mach 1 for $53k, which has been its own brand of pain with all of the production delays and cancellations. But at least I'm not getting hosed financially any more than usual.

Long story short, if you can afford to wait a year, I would do so. That or order a Mach 1, if you are OK without having the sound of the Voodoo FPC and the Shelby badging.
Dang so the one I am looking at should be 5k less. Just means my current GT will be of less value. The Mach 1 is also a cool car but the duel injection worries me for long term ownership. Too much compression.

May just keep the GT and do some upgrades like 6 piston brakes and the GT350R wing although no one here advised if it's better than the decklid spoiler. I could use more downforce on the rear.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Dang so the one I am looking at should be 5k less. Just means my current GT will be of less value. The Mach 1 is also a cool car but the duel injection worries me for long term ownership. Too much compression.

May just keep the GT and do some upgrades like 6 piston brakes and the GT350R wing although no one here advised if it's better than the decklid spoiler. I could use more downforce on the rear.

why would dual injectors increase compression? I’m not a gear head, and I honestly don’t know if Ford went from a single injector to a double with the 2019 redesign, but I don’t know why it would change compression if the ratio stayed the same and there is no power increase…

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why would dual injectors increase compression? I’m not a gear head, and I honestly don’t know if Ford went from a single injector to a double with the 2019 redesign, but I don’t know why it would change compression if the ratio stayed the same and there is no power increase…
The Coyote Gen 3 are all dual injection and there was hp along with 500 more RPM. Carb and port injection mixed fuel and air prior to entering the engine.

Compression increased since the fuel injectors spray fuel directly into the engine. Naturally, more pressure is added as a result as government requires all vehicles to increase fuel efficiency unless you wanna get slapped with more taxes like gas guzzler.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
My only concern about 2018 and newer are the duel port injections. Sounds like too mucn compression. But those are going fo4 65k and more.
No rule l
The Coyote Gen 3 are all dual injection and there was hp along with 500 more RPM. Carb and port injection mixed fuel and air prior to entering the engine.

Compression increased since the fuel injectors spray fuel directly into the engine. Naturally, more pressure is added as a result as government requires all vehicles to increase fuel efficiency unless you wanna get slapped with more taxes like gas guzzler.
All true but does not apply to the GT350.
Sponsored