Prices are on the rise......

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
I bought my 2018 GT350 a few months before they announced they were going out of production (phew). It had 7000 miles on the odometer, currently sitting at 10,000. Cost me $54,000 (USD, although I'm in Canada so $67,000 CAD at the current exchange rate). I honestly really wanted the R but at the time I couldn't justify the price.

Now, with prices on the rise - is the R really expected to increase in value at a much greater rate than the non R? I'm considering selling my GT350 in order to get an R, and I know it would result in me taking a bit of a bath... But I just love the collectors aspect too much to not consider it.

Not that long term value is everything, but, do we see the price of 350s and 350Rs increasing in value at a similar rate over time? Always nice to know that a CAR is.. appreciating..
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I did the same for my non-R 350. I flew in and the dealership picked me up at the airport. I inspected the car and then drove it 500 miles home. I really wanted to get an R, but I am very happy with my 350 as it is. I love having it in my garage and on the track.
Whereā€™d you happen to pick your car up at?.. southeast possibly?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I bought my 2018 GT350 a few months before they announced they were going out of production (phew). It had 7000 miles on the odometer, currently sitting at 10,000. Cost me $54,000 (USD, although I'm in Canada so $67,000 CAD at the current exchange rate). I honestly really wanted the R but at the time I couldn't justify the price.

Now, with prices on the rise - is the R really expected to increase in value at a much greater rate than the non R? I'm considering selling my GT350 in order to get an R, and I know it would result in me taking a bit of a bath... But I just love the collectors aspect too much to not consider it.

Not that long term value is everything, but, do we see the price of 350s and 350Rs increasing in value at a similar rate over time? Always nice to know that a CAR is.. appreciating..
Just know that we don't know anything for sure :) Yes, the R should hold better value but it also cost a little more. Will it hold enough extra value to cover your "move" from the non-r? Maybe not! It's really hard to tell at this point.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I did the same for my non-R 350. I flew in and the dealership picked me up at the airport. I inspected the car and then drove it 500 miles home. I really wanted to get an R, but I am very happy with my 350 as it is. I love having it in my garage and on the track.
I bought my Iconic R without seeing it in person via private sale and had it shipped California to KY. I did get to do a live FaceTime with the owner and the car and he did a pov drive.

But still, looking back, pretty crazy that I actually did that. But I knew the clock was ticking on these cars and if I waited much longer then I wouldn't be able to afford them anymore. I got in at the very last moment. So fortunate.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve had my new ā€˜19 GT350 for a year now. Bought it prematurely as a retirement fun carā€¦.still not retired but slowing down intentionally.
Am I glad I bought when I did, as Iā€™ve put almost 7K on it.
I keep saying this, ā€œWHAT A CARā€.
Letting others experience it is very satisfying.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Do you know the funny thing is that most of us didnā€™t get an opportunity to test drive our cars before we bought it. Most places wouldnā€™t even let you test drive an R. I bought my car without ever having seen it in person, but it over delivered in joy of drivingā€”it exceeded all expectations, and is one of the best cars that Iā€™ve ever drivenā€”itā€™s that good. Now that itā€™s gone (discontinued), I can see why people are paying a premium for this icon.
Out of all the cool cars and trucks I've had, there have been three cars I bought that I couldn't test drive. Ironically they were all Fords. My 12 Boss, 14 Shelby GT500 and my 18 Shelby GT350 R.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Out of all the cool cars and trucks I've had, there have been three cars I bought that I couldn't test drive. Ironically they were all Fords. My 12 Boss, 14 Shelby GT500 and my 18 Shelby GT350 R.
I only awkwardly sat in my GT350 before buying.
It was fresh off the transporter.. The seats were still wrapped and the splitter was in the back so I didn't want to adjust the seat back.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
The R's will rise the fastest and stay there. Once the R's all fall into collectors hand then the non R's will be sought after. It is all a matter of time. How long that time frame is, I have no clue. Nor do I care. I am keeping this one.

I bought my gt350 new having never seen it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The R's will rise the fastest and stay there. Once the R's all fall into collectors hand then the non R's will be sought after. It is all a matter of time. How long that time frame is, I have no clue. Nor do I care. I am keeping this one.

I bought my gt350 new having never seen it.
I don't agree. The values will fall once the industry gets back on track. It is true that the Rs will have more desirability than the standard 350s, but the only reason we are seeing this surge in pricing is because the rest of the industry is doing the same.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I don't agree. The values will fall once the industry gets back on track. It is true that the Rs will have more desirability than the standard 350s, but the only reason we are seeing this surge in pricing is because the rest of the industry is doing the same.
The GT350R, and the GT350, are on a way different trajectory than regular used cars, and they are discontinued. Smh.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The GT350R, and the GT350, are on a way different trajectory than regular used cars, and they are discontinued. Smh.
I see you have an R. Could that be part of your bias? I do too, and I am not as optimistic. I think that anyone who may sell anytime in the future should do so now while the market is hot.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I see you have an R. Could that be part of your bias? I do too, and I am not as optimistic. I think that anyone who may sell anytime in the future should do so now while the market is hot.
Too late at least by me. Vroom offered $67K, one high end dealer declined to give me a price and another offered low $60s. I'll probably just hold. 2019 R with 1600 miles

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Like many of our members I followed the launch of the second generation GT350/R's back in July 2015 and recall many fellow Mustang enthusiasts even back then suggesting that not only would the 2015 GT350/R 50th Anniversary cars would drop in value over the next couple of years but so would all subsequent model years and yet here we are some 6 calendar/model years later and we still continue to hear the same old story about declining values for our Shelby's.

I understand that supply and demand is always a important factor when it comes to establishing pricing but to suggest that is the only reason that the price of our GT350/R's continue on a different trajectory from other Pony Cars is difficult for me to understand.

If supply and demand was all there is to it why does the other Pony Car brands not follow the same pricing trends as our GT350/R's?

As you mentioned one of the main reasons that our GT350/R's continue to hold their values and in many cases continue to rise is because these FPC, NA and manual transmission Shelby's are no longer in production and suggest that it is finally sinking in with many enthusiasts as to just how outstanding these vehicles are therefore they are in big demand and even more so when it comes to the 2 seat R model.

One of the other reasons for the increased demand for our GT350/R's is the fact that Ford has not provided us Mustang enthusiasts with a comparable or better replacement for the 2021 model year therefore many enthusiasts are looking to purchase one of the 6 model year GT350/R's for their stable and in my opinion that certainly make great sense.

I suggest that we can expect to see the values of our GT350/R's to continue to do well for quite some time and especially those vehicles that have been maintained in outstanding condition, reasonable mileage, available with all provenance, ordered with cool color/stripe combinations and rare options.

Bottom line is that new and used pricing over the last 6 years for our GT350/R's pretty much speak for themselves therefore do not expect prices for them to fall anytime soon.

:clap:

Last edited:

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Too late at least by me. Vroom offered $67K, one high end dealer declined to give me a price and another offered low $60s. I'll probably just hold. 2019 R with 1600 miles
You are doing it wrong. Friend of mine just got $80,000 for his 19ā€™ with 1000 miles on itā€¦2 weeks ago.
Sponsored