A 2017 miraculous little beast
We can do that as well
Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Just got everything from Function Factory installed! Running a base map right now, will let you know how everything is.
  1. NX2 turbo
  2. Tial BOV
  3. Full Race Downpipe
  4. Full Race Intercooler
  5. Boost reference adapter

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would not be overly concerned with spiking to 26-27.9 PSI you should be data logging and making sure your not going too lean during those spikes, if you are then you may be close to or out of fuel for that amount of boost, either way I would be less concerned about a boost spike for a couple of seconds over it being held at 28+ without methanol or e85. I ran around 27.5 without running out of fuel on the Precision 5862 turbo, but anything over 28PSI required more octane to help reduce the load on the injectors as they are pretty much maxed at 28-29PSI over long periods.

Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Ok, since there seem to be no dyno numbers out there im going to be the first on this one, i have tuned this turbo on two different cars using hp tuners, one is running straight 100 oct fuel, the other was on e30 + meth, one was first street tuned an then taken to the dyno, the other was dyno tuned, both cars came to the same result at the end.

400whp and 440ft-lbs @25psi, there is more power to be had with the turbos, but we didnt want to push the stock engines any further as these cars are both daily drivers.

The e30 car went up to 415whp but fuel rail pressure started dropping, so that was the hpfp limit for that fuel even with 50/50 meth.
the 100 octane car peaked at 27psi, on the dyno it was ok, but when testing on the street rail pressure started to drop too, so we dialed it back to 25psi where we had steady fuel pressure.

All of this is done in florida summer like weather (very hot and humid) and at sea lvl, we have no 93 on the pumps, its 89 octane or 100 octane, 89 octane + meth was ok until around 360whp, after that we needed more octane.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Sp 400whp was a safety limit put in?

Id be interested in what people get on 93RON fuel too.

Mine is stuck in customs (Im not American) and I suspect CP-E will cause another multi-week delay if they get notified, Ill probably need to pay import duty here but last time it took me asking 3 times over 3 weeks to get any response out of them.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
400 whp is about the limit of what you can safely make on the 2.3 block. Tune+ uses 2.0L motors as a base to build on when going past that because the blocks are stronger, less likely to crack under the added stress.

See here: https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/pages/crate-engines
Your statement is misleading. 400whp is about the cutoff most go with for a STOCK motor. A 2.3 block can handle more than that if the bottom end is built. Not as much as a 2.0 block obviously.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Sp 400whp was a safety limit put in?

Id be interested in what people get on 93RON fuel too.

Mine is stuck in customs (Im not American) and I suspect CP-E will cause another multi-week delay if they get notified, Ill probably need to pay import duty here but last time it took me asking 3 times over 3 weeks to get any response out of them.
That was the stock fuel system limit, we didnt want to rely on meth for fueling, only to add octane.
im confident that with a forrged shortblock and aux fuel system you could find more power

Sponsored

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Your statement is misleading. 400whp is about the cutoff most go with for a STOCK motor. A 2.3 block can handle more than that if the bottom end is built. Not as much as a 2.0 block obviously.
Sure, I'm just talking stock internals. Either way, the 2.0 blocks are thicker and less prone to spontaneously generating additional exhaust ports when pushed to extremes.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Ok, since there seem to be no dyno numbers out there im going to be the first on this one, i have tuned this turbo on two different cars using hp tuners, one is running straight 100 oct fuel, the other was on e30 + meth, one was first street tuned an then taken to the dyno, the other was dyno tuned, both cars came to the same result at the end.

400whp and 440ft-lbs @25psi, there is more power to be had with the turbos, but we didnt want to push the stock engines any further as these cars are both daily drivers.

The e30 car went up to 415whp but fuel rail pressure started dropping, so that was the hpfp limit for that fuel even with 50/50 meth.
the 100 octane car peaked at 27psi, on the dyno it was ok, but when testing on the street rail pressure started to drop too, so we dialed it back to 25psi where we had steady fuel pressure.

All of this is done in florida summer like weather (very hot and humid) and at sea lvl, we have no 93 on the pumps, its 89 octane or 100 octane, 89 octane + meth was ok until around 360whp, after that we needed more octane.
So you achieved 400whp and 440 ft-lbs on 100 Ron pump gas and stock internals? Are there any other mods on the car apart from the NX2 turbo?

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
So you achieved 400whp and 440 ft-lbs on 100 Ron pump gas and stock internals? Are there any other mods on the car apart from the NX2 turbo?
Airraid intake tube, speedfactory intercooler, catless downpippe, uprr catchcan, both cars auto, 100 oct car was open dp, the other one had the mbrp exhhaust, both ended up at the same power, turbo spools quick enough to get you some tation control lights on the dash

on the stock turrbo cars we didnt gain any more power from using fuel with more than 100 oct, 89 oct + meth also ended up making the same power

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
That was the stock fuel system limit, we didnt want to rely on meth for fueling, only to add octane.
im confident that with a forrged shortblock and aux fuel system you could find more power
Makes sense, would bigger injectors be another option to aux (presumably port injection) kit?

Mod list looks like what Id expect too

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Sure, I'm just talking stock internals. Either way, the 2.0 blocks are thicker and less prone to spontaneously generating additional exhaust ports when pushed to extremes.
Yeah. I always found that interesting that they cast the 2 blocks so differently.
Sponsored