Sponsored

Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

HTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Ecoboost PP
If it helps my order was delayed a couple weeks too. However I ordered more than just the turbo:

1. NX2 turbo (duh lol)
  2. Tial BOV
  3. Catted downpipe from full race, (was advised to get a 3inch slip which I'll have a local muffler shop do.)
  4. Boost reference adapter
  5. Lifetime PD Tuning (already have my first revision on my setup before these parts come in)
With the Full Race intercooler already installed I'm very excited to get the rest of these on my car, if the Buffalo winter will allow me.
whats the benefit of the boost reference adapter?
Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It seems that the price of the NX2 has gone up by $400. High demand maybe?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Not only way cheaper, also way better!

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
you're going to hurt that turbo running a stock downpipe and bov.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Why are you saying this? Genuine question. The reason why I decided to keep the stock downpipe is because I hate the extra noise in the cabin that is the result of an aftermarket downpipe. Plus the car drives like a beast. I am still not convinced of the benefits of an aftermarket dp, I never was.

Also I have the GFB DV+ BPV upgrade on the car. I don’t thing I need any other BOV.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Ok so 2 questions. Are you on a built motor? And secondly, are you currently tuning on pump 93 or e30/85?

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are you saying this? Genuine question. The reason why I decided to keep the stock downpipe is because I hate the extra noise in the cabin that is the result of an aftermarket downpipe. Plus the car drives like a beast. I am still not convinced of the benefits of an aftermarket dp, I never was.

Also I have the GFB DV+ BPV upgrade on the car. I don’t thing I need any other BOV.
I will say this, and you can ask adam as well. That turbo would benefit nicely from an aftermarket downpipe. I would bet easily another 30-40whp over what you would make with the stock downpipe at the same boost/timing levels because the car is breathing better.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Ok so 2 questions. Are you on a built motor? And secondly, are you currently tuning on pump 93 or e30/85?
No, I am not on a built motor. The stock motor is supposed to withstand around 420whp, so I should be safe at 360-380 whp. Also I am in Europe and I don’t have access to ethanol. I use pump gas (100 Ron which is equivalent to 93 oct in the US, if not better).

I will say this, and you can ask adam as well. That turbo would benefit nicely from an aftermarket downpipe. I would bet easily another 30-40whp over what you would make with the stock downpipe at the same boost/timing levels because the car is breathing better.
No offense, but I wouldn’t agree with this. I have discussed with several people who have removed their aftermarket dp because of minimal power gains (if any), terrible drone and smoke/fuel smell. The car runs fine and drives like a beast after installing the NX2. I do not drag race the car, I am simply a traffic light racer, lol! So I think I am gonna keep the stock dp.

A friend of mine has the exact same setup plus an aftermarket dp and I will have the opportunity to race him soon. If his car is not faster than mine, then I will not consider adding an aftermarket dp. I will report the results here, but it might take sometime because he is only on his second tune revision.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I am not on a built motor. The stock motor is supposed to withstand around 420whp, so I should be safe at 360-380 whp. Also I am in Europe and I don’t have access to ethanol. I use pump gas (100 Ron which is equivalent to 93 oct in the US, if not better).

No offense, but I wouldn’t agree with this. I have discussed with several people who have removed their aftermarket dp because of minimal power gains (if any), terrible drone and smoke/fuel smell. The car runs fine and drives like a beast after installing the NX2. I do not drag race the car, I am simply a traffic light racer, lol! So I think I am gonna keep the stock dp.

A friend of mine has the exact same setup plus an aftermarket dp and I will have the opportunity to race him soon. If his car is not faster than mine, then I will not consider adding an aftermarket dp. I will report the results here, but it might take sometime because he is only on his second tune revision.
No offense taken. For what you want out of the car no the downpipe I would agree is not at all needed. You just seem to be stating that the downpipe offers no benefit at all power wise when it in fact does on this turbo, and any other turbo upgrade, and that has been stated and shown by various tuners. That was all I was trying to convey. I am quite curious to see how your car does with this exact set up as it does intrigue me a bit to possibly go this route on my car as well.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I will have the opportunity to race against my friend's car that has an aftermarket dp sometime during the first 10 days of January. It will be a 0-200 kph (0-120mph) race, so it will shed some light into the issue of whether a dp dp is needed or not, at least in real life. As I said, I will report the results here for others to know. I don't believe the hype of an aftermarket dp at these power levels, but we will know soon.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to say but your race really won't tell much of anything other than who the better driver is since you are doing a standing start. We will agree to disagree on this subject is all.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Lol! True.

But it's gonna be really simple: both cars are automatic and we will simply floor it and race on a straight line. Nothing more nothing less. I don't care about minor differences, we will try to find out which car is faster

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Try a 20 roll to eliminate driver/ traction error
Sponsored