Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Before the new turbo I was doing around 13-15l/100km (~21.7-18.8mpg respectively) in the city, with traffic and a bit of aggressive driving. After installing the turbo, mpg has gone obviously down, although I cannot give an exact value as I’ve been doing a lot of datalogging and testing with it. But I have noticed that the fuel level gauge moves faster towards the left. Let me come back to that after doing some normal driving in the city.
Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I decided to create this thread so that people who have already installed the PTE NX2 turbo can post information about the installation, their experience, advice for other people, questions, dyno results, datalogs, etc. Hopefully with time the information posted here will help other people interested in this turbo kit find the answers to their questions. So, feel free to post everything related to the Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo.

I will create the first post, as I just had the PTE NX2 kit installed on my car. The photos below show how it looks compared to the stock turbo before the installation and after it was fitted on the car.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

As you can see the PTE is significantly larger than the stock turbo. The wastegate actuator is a large silver canister and the mechanic who installed the turbo told me that the spring tension is much higher compared even with the Tune+ WGA that I had on the stock unit.

Adam sent me the base tune for the new turbo and I had the opportunity to drive it for a while last night before doing the first datalog this morning. First impression is that the car pulls all the way to the red line, even with the base tune. Also I didn't feel any lag at the lower RPMs and this made me happy, because I liked the behavior of the stock turbo at the low RPM range. My only concern is that I observed a couple of boost pressure spikes, one at 27.74 psi and another one at 27.95 psi during spirited road driving. During the 3rd gear pull the boost pressure topped at 25 psi - still high, but I suppose that the revised tunes will improve this.

I will update this thread as I go through the tune revisions.

Thanks for creating this! I’m sub’d

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I hope that in time this thread will accumulate everything needed for making an informed decision about the installation and the performance of this turbo.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@HTX no, I never did!

Sponsored

HTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Ecoboost PP
im running the same turbo with Adam's Type A engine. i havent done my first datalog yet, on the base tune right now. i should be able to get the first data log in this week.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You will absolutely live it! Keep this thread updated. One question: do you hear the turbo spooling? I cannot hear it at all, lol!

HTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Ecoboost PP
You will absolutely live it! Keep this thread updated. One question: do you hear the turbo spooling? I cannot hear it at all, lol!
to be honest, i cant hear it much. i recently installed a catted downpipe but cant hear the spooling in the car.

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Very excited to get my turbo! Anything you guys would have done differently now that you have it on?

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
to be honest, i cant hear it much. i recently installed a catted downpipe but cant hear the spooling in the car.
I used to hear the stock turbo spooling MUCH more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Very excited to get my turbo! Anything you guys would have done differently now that you have it on?
Nothing at all, you will absolutely love it. The only thing that I might do is forge my engine some time in the future, if manage to get my finances in order. I wish I could upgrade my engine with one of Adam’s engines (probably with the type A, like @HTX did), but where I live this would cost me a fortune!

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Do you have to ditch the stock downpipe to make this turbo worth it?

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@xraystyle I kept the stock downpipe and most probably I will not change it. The car performs great and I don't like the extra hassles of an aftermarket downpipe. I believe that it does't have to be upgraded at these power levels.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a NX2 on order (If they ever bloody ship it... 3 weeks now...) and still have hte stock downpipe, Im really in two minds on if I should upgrade the downpipe or not. If I do, Ill go catted, but make it 3" all the way through, Ill get a good muffler shop to do that part. I presume removing the 2.5" reduction will increase performance with less restriction, plus less restrictive cats.

But Im not sure overall how much of an improvement it will make over the stock downpipe.

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
I have a NX2 on order (If they ever bloody ship it... 3 weeks now...) and still have hte stock downpipe, Im really in two minds on if I should upgrade the downpipe or not. If I do, Ill go catted, but make it 3" all the way through, Ill get a good muffler shop to do that part. I presume removing the 2.5" reduction will increase performance with less restriction, plus less restrictive cats.

But Im not sure overall how much of an improvement it will make over the stock downpipe.

If it helps my order was delayed a couple weeks too. However I ordered more than just the turbo:

1. NX2 turbo (duh lol)
  2. Tial BOV
  3. Catted downpipe from full race, (was advised to get a 3inch slip which I'll have a local muffler shop do.)
  4. Boost reference adapter
  5. Lifetime PD Tuning (already have my first revision on my setup before these parts come in)
With the Full Race intercooler already installed I'm very excited to get the rest of these on my car, if the Buffalo winter will allow me.
Sponsored