Not open for further replies.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
It's designed to work where it is - moving the sensor will put the calibration out.
That's a catch-22 then, because where it is now it simply shuts off due to interference anyway. I tried moving it back a tad to avoid the grill, but it's flat up against that plastic post in the grill on the lower portion/driver's side.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
That's a catch-22 then, because where it is now it simply shuts off due to interference anyway. I tried moving it back a tad to avoid the grill, but it's flat up against that plastic post in the grill on the lower portion/driver's side.
I'm sure that is the reason why the Mach1 doesn't have the adaptive cruise

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
No, but it proves my point that stupid people need these systems.
The heart attack is a red herring. How many accidents are caused by drivers having heart attacks at high speeds? If you know you have a heart condition and are liable to have a heart attack, then you should stop driving. In Romania this would be reason to fail the medical exam for renewing your driving licence.
I don't doubt that it is possible to be seemingly perfectly healthy and still have a heart attack or a stroke, but I think the chances of this happening out of the blue, to a person with no medical record, precisely while they're driving at high speed, and so extraordinarily suddenly that they aren't able to brake first, are extremely slim - unless you can actually prove otherwise.
Sadly it happens all too often, as well as blacking out for a myriad other reasons. Not red herrings just uncommon realities.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Sure. But nobody said they should lack any kind of safety gear completely. We're only discussing a particular one.
Most safety devices don't interfere with your normal driving and do not hinder or annoy you in any way. This one does. That's my problem. If it worked properly and only triggered when absolutely necessary, and I didn't even know I had it until then, then I would be fine with it.
It NEVER annoys me and has occasionally been useful. Oh that must make me a stupid useless driver ....

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that was the first thing I did. Everything I said happened with the sensitivity set to low.

Yes, it's most likely based on an average. And if the average it's based on happens to be lower than your own abilities, then it gets annoying.
Mind you, I know I'm not statistically relevant. I am hot-blooded, fast to react, everything I do, I do very fast, and I have no patience whatsoever with people or things that are slower than I am. If the person in front of me at an ATM, for instance, needs more than twenty seconds to withdraw the money and leave, I feel my blood starting to boil. I feel like pushing them aside and saying "move over, I will do it for you, otherwise we'll still be here next week". I think fast and act fast. This isn't necessarily a good thing (quite the contrary), but that's how I am, and there's nothing I can do about it.
This is why I get annoyed when someone (or something, in this case) treats me as if I were slower. And incidentally it's why most of my posts are so passionate in style, which may give one the impression that I'm always grumpy and/or angry. I'm not. :blush:
It's just that I value my freedom more than anything in the world, even more than my life. And I love cars with a passion. I live for cars, I live for driving, I dread the moment when I won't be able to drive anymore. Cars are my air. So, any system that attacks both of my core values at the same time is bound to make me mad. :)
Wow - not a great state of mind to be driving on the public roads. Inconsiderate even. Save that attitude for the race track, in fact no it isn't even suitable for that.

Impatient driver with temper issues complains about AEB triggering too often - go figure :cwl:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
If you had actually been there you'd have seen that they had no reason for concern either. It's hard to get an accurate image from a forum post.
But then from your subsequent post about not having patience it is equally hard for you to put yourself in their position. Many many people lack judgement when angry or full of adrenaline and over rate their abilities - not a good combination

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I know. The auto stop/start doesn't annoy you either. Good for you.
You be happy with them, I will be happy without them. :like:
It seems a lot of things annoy you and trigger your lack of patience. maybe you should seek some help before you end up hurting yourself or others :wink:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You don't know me and don't know how I drive. You can only make some inferences based on what (and especially how) I narrate on an internet forum in a language that isn't my own. I'm sure a lot of nuances get lost on the way.
If you were with me in my car I can assure you that not for one second would you feel unsafe. You may believe me or not. Twenty-six years of driving without a single notable incident in a country with possibly the worst drivers on the continent must mean something. Or not. Who knows.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I will note that while I don't believe in regulating these things, I do believe in strict laws with severe punishments for people who cause harm to others through negligence and unsafe activities. So, if you're driving unsafely and cause an accident, then there should be serious repercussions up to and including jail time.

The problem with regulations is that they punish everyone for the potential transgressions of others. And regulations are necessarily arbitrary and limiting. It's impossible to predict what harm could be done, so regulations tend to be either too strict or to miss too many possibilities. They also ignore the fact that there are many more ways than just one to do things the right way, and when you create regulations, you're therefore limiting what's possible.

But drive too aggressively and wipe out a family of four, then life in prison seems like a proper result.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
You don't know me and don't know how I drive. You can only make some inferences based on what (and especially how) I narrate on an internet forum in a language that isn't my own. I'm sure a lot of nuances get lost on the way.
If you were with me in my car I can assure you that not for one second would you feel unsafe. You may believe me or not. Twenty-six years of driving without a single notable incident in a country with possibly the worst drivers on the continent must mean something. Or not. Who knows.
Perhaps you've overstated how aggressively you drive, because it sure sounds like it's too much for public roads. And I'll always believe that even the best drivers can make mistakes. If your collision avoidance system is reacting within specs so often, then it's hard to believe that you're not constantly placing yourself in positions where even the slightest slip could cause a catastrophe. Then there's the issue that not everyone is as good a driver as you.

The fact that you're the only one in a forum of Mustang owners who's complaining that the system is reacting as it's designed does seem to imply that your driving habits are something of an outlier.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.