Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I switched to a different upper and lower grill insert from custom car grills - the full pre-made inserts:

https://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Ford_Must_GT_15

Now that I did that i get "Collision Sensor Not available. Sensor Blocked. See manual." I may have to decide to just relocate it more central to the grill mess and away from the vertical plastic post, but the original grill sat in the same place, so I have no idea why the sensor doesn't like the new grill.
It's designed to work where it is - moving the sensor will put the calibration out.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No but they may be in YOUR lane and it will mitigate the crash and help save both you and them.
In that case, I will use a magic device which is called the brake pedal. Marvellous invention. I might also steer a bit, depending on the situation and available space. Been there, done that. I'm still alive.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm not getting you.
If a horse could take me to 100 mph in full comfort, then I would stick to it. What's your point?

That's exactly why I hate them. I don't want nor need anyone to save me from myself. I am a free man and I am perfectly able to decide what I want to do with my life. You're neither my mother nor my nanny and have no right to intervene in my life to "save me from myself". You may give me advice, which I appreciate, but ultimately it is up to me - and only me - to decide if I take it or not. If I want to jump off a cliff, I will. What's it to you if I do?

When a third party suggests that I am too stupid to be left to my own devices and that they must "save me from myself", I find that not only extremely arrogant, but also deeply insulting. Especially when it isn't merely a suggestion, but a direct assertion. I am old and smart enough not to hurt myself. And if I'm wrong and I do hurt myself, that's nobody's business but mine.
So you don't want to progress at all? You hark back to the days of no electronic features and safety aids and yet want to go 100mph in full comfort. Good luck with that!

You clearly have a bit of a problem with authority of any sort 'telling you what to do', (ref other threads on speeding etc). Maybe you just like to be contrary, but even being 'old enough and smart enough not to hurt yourself' and condemning anybody who has had a road collision to loss of their driving license things will happen outside of your control and one of these safety systems WILL save you. There is plenty of evidence to support this.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
In that case, I will use a magic device which is called the brake pedal. Marvellous invention. I might also steer a bit, depending on the situation and available space. Been there, done that. I'm still alive.
You might, but they might not. AEB mitigates it and improves YOUR survival time because it is fitted to THEIR car as well.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So you don't want to progress at all? You hark back to the days of no electronic features and safety aids and yet want to go 100mph in full comfort. Good luck with that!
Who said no progress at all? I'm all for progress, provided that its cost/benefit ratio is good enough.
Actually, I am already having good luck with that. My Mustang, with this crap disabled, is perfect. I'm lucky already. And I will do my best to keep it like this.

You clearly have a bit of a problem with authority of any sort 'telling you what to do', (ref other threads on speeding etc). Maybe you just like to be contrary, but even being 'old enough and smart enough not to hurt yourself' and condemning anybody who has had a road collision to loss of their driving license
A bit? No, not just a bit. I have a big problem with that. 😁
And I never said anybody who has had a road collision. I had my share of collisions. I said anybody who has had certain kinds of road collisions (e.g. due to lack of spatial awareness, or applying make-up while driving, or lacking the reflexes to act fast enough, etc.). We all make mistakes, including me, but there are mistakes and mistakes. Some you may do, some you may not.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You might, but they might not. AEB mitigates it and improves YOUR survival time because it is fitted to THEIR car as well.
Well, in that case they're the kind of drivers I was talking about, who should not be driving in the first place. This system is made for them. If the system acts on their behalf and saves them (and me), then they should turn in their driving licence right there and then. That's not a mistake that could happen to anyone. That's pure stupidity and lack of driving skills, and there's no excuse for it.
Having it myself in my car would not make any difference.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Well, in that case they're the kind of drivers I was talking about, who should not be driving in the first place. This system is made for them. If the system acts on their behalf and saves them (and me), then they should turn in their driving licence right there and then. That's not a mistake that could happen to anyone. That's pure stupidity and lack of driving skills, and there's no excuse for it.
Having it myself in my car would not make any difference.
Of course their inferior driving skills may not be the reason they are on your side of the road, they may have had an accident already and been pushed your way, they may have taken ill with something like a heart attack. And does being killed by a 'stupid' person who caused the accident make you feel any superior?

Having it in YOUR car will make a difference when YOU have a heart attack and veer across the road, it may save the lives of the people YOU are about to hit.

Let's be clear, this is NOT autonomous driving or a system that is used regularly. It is PROVEN to reduce the severity and number of accidents, even if caused by the inferior drivers you so loathe. Not everybody has your obviously superior skills, but are perfectly legal and safe on the road.

So having it on in your car COULD make a very significant difference to you or somebody else.

Incidentally disabling as you have in the UK would invalidate your insurance for obvious reasons.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
And does being killed by a 'stupid' person who caused the accident make you feel any superior?
No, but it proves my point that stupid people need these systems.
The heart attack is a red herring. How many accidents are caused by drivers having heart attacks at high speeds? If you know you have a heart condition and are liable to have a heart attack, then you should stop driving. In Romania this would be reason to fail the medical exam for renewing your driving licence.
I don't doubt that it is possible to be seemingly perfectly healthy and still have a heart attack or a stroke, but I think the chances of this happening out of the blue, to a person with no medical record, precisely while they're driving at high speed, and so extraordinarily suddenly that they aren't able to brake first, are extremely slim - unless you can actually prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
And how many drivers (professionals with far more seat time experience than you) fall asleep at the wheel ? These are the same arguments made about seat belts , air bags, stability control, cell phone and drunk driving laws. Some drivers require mandates and some don’t. Cars without safety gear are death traps for all drivers. Thinking you are the worlds best driver changes none of that.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anyway, this discussion reminds me of a joke.
A teacher asks her pupils:
"Children, what do you do if you're walking through a forrest and you meet a bear?"
"I'll run away", responds one kid.
"Good. But what if the bear runs after you?"
"Then I will climb up a tree"
"Yeah, but what if it climbs after you?"
"Then I'll jump and run."
"But what if it does the same?"
"Then I will climb up another tree."
"But what if climbs up after you?"
"Oh, come on", says the kid, "give me a break. Whose side are you on? Mine or the bear's?"

It's the same here.
"What if you collide with someone in the oncoming lane?"
"I won't be in that lane."
"But maybe they will be in yours".
"Then I will brake".
"But maybe you'll have a heart attack."
"I won't, because I'm healthy."
"But maybe you'll fall asleep."
This will never end. I can't win. :cwl:

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cars without safety gear are death traps for all drivers.
Sure. But nobody said they should lack any kind of safety gear completely. We're only discussing a particular one.
Most safety devices don't interfere with your normal driving and do not hinder or annoy you in any way. This one does. That's my problem. If it worked properly and only triggered when absolutely necessary, and I didn't even know I had it until then, then I would be fine with it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I hate them. I don't want nor need anyone to save me from myself. I am a free man and I am perfectly able to decide what I want to do with my life. You're neither my mother nor my nanny and have no right to intervene in my life to "save me from myself". You may give me advice, which I appreciate, but ultimately it is up to me - and only me - to decide if I take it or not. If I want to jump off a cliff, I will. What's it to you if I do?

When a third party suggests that I am too stupid to be left to my own devices and that they must "save me from myself", I find that not only extremely arrogant, but also deeply insulting. Especially when it isn't merely a suggestion, but a direct assertion. I am old and smart enough not to hurt myself. And if I'm wrong and I do hurt myself, that's nobody's business but mine.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly right, I did not get to where I am in life depending on others. How in the world do others think some code writers?

Driving his Pyrus or riding his bicycle to work each day has the first clue about DEFENSIVE driving, zero is the answer.

No, because I will not be in that lane when they are coming.
Perfect response to a lame brain post. So many idiots floating around it's almost hard to log in to the Mustang forum.

It is starting to read like the garage urinal, 30% knowledge 70% Karren's afraid of their own shadows..

I ask myself who dresses these people each morning?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
And the people who are killed in the on coming lane and their family and yours.
Very true lighting will also kill you, getting run down in a cross walk will kill you, and a gun will kill you. I suggest you stay in the basement.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.