balzee

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
If I end up ordering from Zach I'll likely pick up on my trailer but since it's a flatbed I'll use track armor on it. A couple of local shops I trust for PPF and one for paint correction and ceramic. Just over 2 hours away.
What is the shop you are referring too which is 2 hrs away from zach??
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I plan on having the car shipped here and fully detailed with ceramic and PPF. I'd rather not drive on Cup 2's for that many miles since I already plan on putting Michelin PS4S on all 4 and selling the Cup 2's. Now that the date keeps getting pushed back into October, who knows what the weather will be like.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I visited Granger Ford on Friday (yesterday) and saw a FJ Grey Mach 1 that had full PPF including rockers that had not been picked up yet. I've seen a lot of PPF on lots of different cars and the work on this car is about as nice as I've seen. The front bumper has a lot of compound curves and the coverage and detail was excellent. I had planned to have my PPF done locally after the trip back home but I'm thinking I'll probably have it done in Iowa prior to pick up.
Also, for those of you leaving the stickers on, the "bump" between the paint and the decal is really very modest and not noticeable unless you run your finger over that edge.
I thought overall the work was excellent and really worth considering.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I visited Granger Ford on Friday (yesterday) and saw a FJ Grey Mach 1 that had full PPF including rockers that had not been picked up yet. I've seen a lot of PPF on lots of different cars and the work on this car is about as nice as I've seen. The front bumper has a lot of compound curves and the coverage and detail was excellent. I had planned to have my PPF done locally after the trip back home but I'm thinking I'll probably have it done in Iowa prior to pick up.
Also, for those of you leaving the stickers on, the "bump" between the paint and the decal is really very modest and not noticeable unless you run your finger over that edge.
I thought overall the work was excellent and really worth considering.
I wonder if that was my mach 1 šŸ˜šŸ˜

Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You probably already know the answer to that! Are you getting PS4 tires installed too (that's what they were planning)?

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
I ordered from Jay at Granger and the plan is once we have shipping and transit info, he'll schedule an appointment at S&C Automotive (nearby Urbandale, IA) for the PPF and ceramic coatings. He will personally drive the vehicle there to have it completed. I then I will have to wait one week prior to driving it home for it cure. It's a long drive from Iowa to Seattle, so I'm not taking chances. Hope I didn't miss someone else already mentioning this! Cheers

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I ordered from Jay at Granger and the plan is once we have shipping and transit info, he'll schedule an appointment at S&C Automotive (nearby Urbandale, IA) for the PPF and ceramic coatings. He will personally drive the vehicle there to have it completed. I then I will have to wait one week prior to driving it home for it cure. It's a long drive from Iowa to Seattle, so I'm not taking chances. Hope I didn't miss someone else already mentioning this! Cheers
Where are you having PPF done?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I'd only be considering that option if they'd tow it there, have no intention to be picking my car up with that many miles on it already. I mean there are enough folks, I am kinda surprised they haven't looked at getting this done in house and on site as a dealer option.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'd only be considering that option if they'd tow it there, have no intention to be picking my car up with that many miles on it already. I mean there are enough folks, I am kinda surprised they haven't looked at getting this done in house and on site as a dealer option.
Most likely because they do not have the room. And since they have a working relationship with S&C why bother. 28 miles is not a lot but if you wanted it flatbeded Iā€™m sure that could be done.

Sponsored

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Most likely because they do not have the room. And since they have a working relationship with S&C why bother. 28 miles is not a lot but if you wanted it flatbeded Iā€™m sure that could be done.
I've only bought one new car/truck before. it had 4 miles on it when I signed the paperwork, and 3 of those were from my test drive.

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m sorry, I meant what parts of the car are you having done.

I need another cup of coffee.
No worries, having my first espresso as we speak! Iā€™m doing the partial PPF (see pic) and the Gold Package ceramic (entire car 4 coats). Their website is quite good and detailed if you want more info https://scautomotive.com
1628775393044.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
No worries, having my first espresso as we speak! Iā€™m doing the partial PPF (see pic) and the Gold Package ceramic (entire car 4 coats). Their website is quite good and detailed if you want more info https://scautomotive.com
1628775393044.png
OK, that's better. So some sage advice from my friend and detailer. Rocks and stones know exactly where your PPF ends. It will find that line and cross it. 100% guaranteed.

We were discussing my hood but it could pertain to anywhere on the front end of the car. To prevent the heartbreak of a stone chip please consider the following:

Full front clip, bumper, fenders, hood, & mirrors.
"A" pillars and leading edge of the roof. I have personal experience with both of these. Best $100 you will ever spend.

This is where I stopped. Others have done more but I reached my budget at this point. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Sponsored