Ford Extended Warranty from Granger Ford

PacificaLars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Unfortunately, if you live in California, you can’t buy an ESP out of state. So much for helping the consumers…
Sponsored

iceman145

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 / Chassis# 1011 / Oxford White

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Hi all,

As some of you may know, Granger offers the ESP plan at dealer cost this month https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Has anybody pulled the trigger on this yet and which plan did you go with and what extras (rental, key service, lighting) did you get?

I'm thinking the 10 year Premium Care (my car is a 2021 with about 9 months of the 36 month/36k miles warranty left and more on power train) with 48k miles, rental
+ lighting).

I currently have just 4,500 miles on the car (its a secondary vehicle obviously) and with the 7 years and 9 months I'd get out of that warranty, that should be plenty of miles left.

Thank you for your 2 cents!
Luckily I bought the max coverage when I bought/took delivery of my Mach1 back in Aug. 2022. I am not allowed to buy from them now, because of the wonderful one party ruled state of California passed a law that bars anyone outside the state from selling this type insurance.

When I purchased my ST last summer, I had to pay quite a bit more than Granger would have done for the same coverage, from a local source. It is also cheaper to purchase when you buy it on a new car, so I did good on the Mach. If I were to buy another car out of state, I would buy the ESP at the same time, to get around Sacramento's rules.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If I were to buy another car out of state, I would buy the ESP at the same time, to get around Sacramento's rules.
Without reading the full law, I would assume it’s based on the address where the car would be titled. So you’d still have to follow the rules set forth in SAC unfortunately. Florida folks have the same issue.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Without reading the full law, I would assume it’s based on the address where the car would be titled. So you’d still have to follow the rules set forth in SAC unfortunately. Florida folks have the same issue.
My Mach1 was sold with a temporary Iowa registration, but if you are correct, it just means another reason it sucks to be a Californian. Right now, my job and the weather are all that's keeping me here.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My Mach1 was sold with a temporary Iowa registration, but if you are correct, it just means another reason it sucks to be a Californian. Right now, my job and the weather are all that's keeping me here.
Yeah it really depends on how the law reads. If it has the temporary Iowa registration when you first buy it, you may be able to get away with it.

We‘ve got a bunch of issues here in IL, luckily extended warranty purchases isn’t one of them. Yet…

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
LOL extended warranties… I never get them but I feel like people are always asking me if I want one.

1708899917730.png
I am with you on extended warranties. I have not had any major work needed to any of the vehicles I have owned in 45 years. They are a big money maker for the dealership, that's why they push them and why Granger Ford is all over my Facebook feed with 50% off.

We bought an Infinity and after telling the sales woman no to that crap for the third time I said that this car must not be reliable. I looked at my wife and said I don't think we should buy this car, stood up and said let's go. That sales woman changed her tune very quickly.

When the topic came up during the purchase of my 2022 ecoboost I said no. The salesman asked, what if you blow up the engine or transmission? I told him that I will go back with something more robust than Ford will put in it.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I am with you on extended warranties. I have not had any major work needed to any of the vehicles I have owned in 45 years. They are a big money maker for the dealership, that's why they push them and why Granger Ford is all over my Facebook feed with 50% off.

We bought an Infinity and after telling the sales woman no to that crap for the third time I said that this car must not be reliable. I looked at my wife and said I don't think we should buy this car, stood up and said let's go. That sales woman changed her tune very quickly.

When the topic came up during the purchase of my 2022 ecoboost I said no. The salesman asked, what if you blow up the engine or transmission? I told him that I will go back with something more robust than Ford will put in it.
Great story! Yeah sales/finance departments will push those products hard as it is a major money maker for them.

I don't get it either. I know they provide peace of mind to some folks (my father believes in them sadly 😔) but I find it to be a waste of money. If something goes wrong and I still want the car, well then I have to pay for it using a savings account. Isn't that what an emergency savings is for? I would much rather pay $5k for a major repair IF something actually broke... I'm not one to go ahead and hand over $3k to a warranty that may or may not even cover the hypothetical repair, not to mention the possibly the company may go out of business during the timeframe of a warranty - have witnessed that happening to a friend.
Everyone manages their risk level differently.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Great story! Yeah sales/finance departments will push those products hard as it is a major money maker for them.

I don't get it either. I know they provide peace of mind to some folks (my father believes in them sadly 😔) but I find it to be a waste of money. If something goes wrong and I still want the car, well then I have to pay for it using a savings account. Isn't that what an emergency savings is for? I would much rather pay $5k for a major repair IF something actually broke... I'm not one to go ahead and hand over $3k to a warranty that may or may not even cover the hypothetical repair, not to mention the possibly the company may go out of business during the timeframe of a warranty - have witnessed that happening to a friend.
Everyone manages their risk level differently.
My only counter to that is it really depends on what you pay for said warranty. I’m generally in the same camp as you, I don’t buy extended warranties for anything. The exception being my Mustang. I went through Granger, got a 7 year PremiumCare ESP with key and lighting package for $900. Was still within the 12 month of new delivery timeframe which helped with the cost as well. If it were a couple grand, I would’ve passed for sure. If I ever have to use it, it will pay for itself in one visit most likely. If not, $900 over 7 years is like adding ~$130 per year to my current insurance policy in my mind. I guess all that is to say I see both sides of the extended warranty argument

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
My only counter to that is it really depends on what you pay for said warranty. I’m generally in the same camp as you, I don’t buy extended warranties for anything. The exception being my Mustang. I went through Granger, got a 7 year PremiumCare ESP with key and lighting package for $900. Was still within the 12 month of new delivery timeframe which helped with the cost as well. If it were a couple grand, I would’ve passed for sure. If I ever have to use it, it will pay for itself in one visit most likely. If not, $900 over 7 years is like adding ~$130 per year to my current insurance policy in my mind. I guess all that is to say I see both sides of the extended warranty argument
Yeah that is totally true. I agree it really depends on the warranty specifics and one's personal preference. I've just had too many friends/family lose out to warranties that I always opt out of them.

I think it also depends on the car that the warranty is for too!
We are specifically talking about mustangs and in general they are reliable if the owner is on top of maintenance and takes care of the car. Ford is pretty meh in general when it comes to quality (less so since the pandemic) but if we start talking about a warranty for a Land Rover or some Fiat/Alfa Romeo then OMG yes get that warranty all day long no matter what the cost is!! LOL

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
if we start talking about a warranty for a Land Rover or some Fiat/Alfa Romeo then OMG yes get that warranty all day long no matter what the cost is!! LOL
Oh yes buy one for one of those for sure! Neighbor of mine has two Land Rovers. Seems like they are always alternating which one is in the shop LOL.

As it relates to the Mustang, yeah the coyote is pretty stout and isn’t my main concern. I bought mine more for the A10 and the cost of adding the key and lighting packages was minimal. An issue with either of those and the cost of either of those packages is more than covered. Knock on wood my A10 has been pretty good so far, but I’ve seen enough issues here that I figured $900 vs several thousand for transmission work is well worth it. I’d rather be able to use that cash for something else more fun LOL
Sponsored