Ppf suggestions from those picking up from Granger ford

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
All the ppl picking up the cars from zach. Are you guys getting PPF done in iowa and have any recommendations ?
Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Buy 2 rolls of track armor and cover the bumper, mirrors, a pillars, rear impact area and as much of the hood as possible.

Its clear so you wonā€™t look schmuck driving down the road lol. You want the car paint corrected properly prior to PPF

I plan to have mine shipped to IL when I do order however

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
All the ppl picking up the cars from zach. Are you guys getting PPF done in iowa and have any recommendations ?
Wait, are you actually in Des Moines? Since you are only 30 minutes from Zach why not ask him for PPF installers? Are you ceramic as well?

OP
OP
balzee

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Wait, are you actually in Des Moines? Since you are only 30 minutes from Zach why not ask him for PPF installers? Are you ceramic as well?
Yup i was also gonna email zach today and ask him for suggestions .I found a few here and just wanted to know if anyone has already worked with them to get an idea of the prices around it

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yup i was also gonna email zach today and ask him for suggestions .I found a few here and just wanted to know if anyone has already worked with them to get an idea of the prices around it
Good idea. I'd be willing to bet Zach knows a good detailer. Good luck and let us know.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Iā€™m just going to tow it back. The date is going to be late enough in the year I could start running into weather issues in Iowa. Donā€™t want to wait an extra couple weeks.

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Did you hear back from Zach?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
yeah, build date came in, I actually have time to get it PPF'd and CC'd up there, and do the breakin on the drive back down. it is 976 miles on way. Add in a couple of miles for stops and break in would be done right about as I pull into my driveway.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m told Zach will personally do a PPF to new deliveries...but you gotta fluff his pillows for three weeks straight, at his discretion of course :crazy:
I'm down. I want the three weeks from 27SEP to 18OCT.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
if i pick up a car from zach i am telling him dont touch a thing i want it leaving his dealership wrapped in ford oem plastic white wrap everywhere and i will do the PDI myself lol
If I am towing it home, that is exactly that I'll be doing. don't even remove the shipping blocks since it'll spend 1000 miles in a covered trailer over the next 2-3 days.

But, if I end up with the time, I'll have him drop it off somewhere there and get it PPF'ed/CC'd before I come up and then drive it home.

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
I have been thinking about the delivery process for a while, and since mine is probably going to be in October, driving 900+ miles will not be a good option.

I think it would be really helpful for everyone if Zach has a referral on a shipping company because based on what I read about Uship kind of transportation experiences, a lot of people had nightmares.

About PPF; I would recommend applying the Track Armor or just masking tape prior to shipping/driving, do the PPF/Ceramic Coating after you reach your destination.

Hell, I was even thinking why no one has made a Vlog about the whole process (ordering/delivery/shipping/driving home). @Zach@Granger maybe you should make a deal and order a car for one of the big car youtubers to promote your business to nationwide faster :)

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I have been thinking about the delivery process for a while, and since mine is probably going to be in October, driving 900+ miles will not be a good option.
oh man, thatā€™s my favorite part...the initial long drive to feel the car out šŸ˜

OP
OP
balzee

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Did you hear back from Zach?
He said he has someone who is a little expensive and is also looking into alternatives and will let me know . Ill update you guys once i know more.

The one person i found online in this area is https://www.swirlfreedetail.com/ . Im trying to reach out to him to get a quote
Sponsored