Ppf suggestions from those picking up from Granger ford

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
He said he has someone who is a little expensive and is also looking into alternatives and will let me know . Ill update you guys once i know more.

The one person i found online in this area is https://www.swirlfreedetail.com/ . Im trying to reach out to him to get a quote
Swirlfree Detail has some good reviews online. Definitely worth a visit.
Sponsored

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
oh man, that’s my favorite part...the initial long drive to feel the car out 😁
I am all up for it as long as not on the snow but i googled 'Weather in Des Moines in October' and that does not look so good :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I am all up for it as long as not on the snow but i googled 'Weather in Des Moines in October' and that does not look so good :)
Actually it is not bad at all. This is for Granger, IO.
  • Average high temperature in October: 60.4°F
  • Average low temperature in October: 44.6°F

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
i grew up about 300 miles north of there, and it’s a crap shoot...we had 60-something inches of snow on the ground by Halloween one year and the next it was 68* with rain 😂

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Hello All,
So I just talked to Zach earlier today, and I am starting the process with him to order my Mach 1. I also discussed with him about potentially doing the ceramic paint correction and the PPF. My question to the group here, especially those in Texas, does the PPF really mitigate against those rocks flying from the Interstates? If the answer is yes, then do most of you just put PPF on the front end only (Hood, bumper, front fender)? The last new car I had was bought 16 years ago, so I have no experience in this technology. I do know here in Houston, I would find it hard to believe I am not getting rock chips if I have PPF. Please tell me about your experience and how much car coverage is really necessary. Thanks and have a good weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
balzee

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
I think oct is not that bad just a lil cold and some rain maybe but once it snows thats when the real trouble starts

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It does help with the smaller rocks. A big rock can be a different story. As for the ceramic coating, I sure hope whoever you choose is doing a good paint correction first...heck needs that before the PPF anyway. Most detailers have an annual maintenance program for their ceramic coatings.....something to think about, as you will be a long way from that person/shop. For PPF, I did the entire front quarter of the car to include, full hood, fenders, bumpers, lights, mirrors, leading 6-inch edge of the roof, and the strike areas by the rear wheels.

Hello All,
So I just talked to Zach earlier today, and I am starting the process with him to order my Mach 1. I also discussed with him about potentially doing the ceramic paint correction and the PPF. My question to the group here, especially those in Texas, does the PPF really mitigate against those rocks flying from the Interstates? If the answer is yes, then do most of you just put PPF on the front end only (Hood, bumper, front fender)? The last new car I had was bought 16 years ago, so I have no experience in this technology. I do know here in Houston, I would find it hard to believe I am not getting rock chips if I have PPF. Please tell me about your experience and how much car coverage is really necessary. Thanks and have a good weekend.

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
After taking the delivery, having the ceramic coating done prior to a long interstate drive is not a good option imo. Ceramic coating (if it's done properly) costs $2000 or more and you basically will take all the rock chips on that brand new coating. It should protect your paint for sure but why not just using armor track or even masking tape for the trip and do all the fancy paint correction and ceramic coating treatment after you reach home state?

This guy took a delivery of a mclaren and used the track armor on the car it looks perfectly fine for the road.

It's your car, your money but I wouldn't invest that money before I take that trip.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Codeblue009, head over to the cosmetics forum for threads regarding PPF. All the answers you want are there. Also checkout Youtube, & Autogeek.com.

The short answer is yes, if you are willing to incur the cost.

@yuduk, OP lives 30 minutes from Granger so his question make sense. I agree that if you live an significant distance from your dealer it’s best to get you detailing done closer to home.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Actually it is not bad at all. This is for Granger, IO.
  • Average high temperature in October: 60.4°F
  • Average low temperature in October: 44.6°F
i grew up about 300 miles north of there, and it’s a crap shoot...we had 60-something inches of snow on the ground by Halloween one year and the next it was 68* with rain 😂
I lived just west of there for 6 years. First year it was covered in snow before Halloween. Imagine the trauma this city boy from the California coast went through waking up and looking out the window seeing everything covered in white! I knew to expect snow and cold temps but one day it was decent outside, the next day it was winter. And you all in the Midwest have a much different definition of winter than I had ever experienced. I still have nightmares even after moving away………

Sponsored

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does help with the smaller rocks. A big rock can be a different story. As for the ceramic coating, I sure hope whoever you choose is doing a good paint correction first...heck needs that before the PPF anyway. Most detailers have an annual maintenance program for their ceramic coatings.....something to think about, as you will be a long way from that person/shop. For PPF, I did the entire front quarter of the car to include, full hood, fenders, bumpers, lights, mirrors, leading 6-inch edge of the roof, and the strike areas by the rear wheels.
Thank you for your reply.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After taking the delivery, having the ceramic coating done prior to a long interstate drive is not a good option imo. Ceramic coating (if it's done properly) costs $2000 or more and you basically will take all the rock chips on that brand new coating. It should protect your paint for sure but why not just using armor track or even masking tape for the trip and do all the fancy paint correction and ceramic coating treatment after you reach home state?

This guy took a delivery of a mclaren and used the track armor on the car it looks perfectly fine for the road.

It's your car, your money but I wouldn't invest that money before I take that trip.
Oh yes, I saw this when he first posted it. Didn't know what that was called. Thank you for the suggestion.

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
I must live right. I made it more than 1000 miles home with no stone chips, just a lot of dead bugs!

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Codeblue009, head over to the cosmetics forum for threads regarding PPF. All the answers you want are there. Also checkout Youtube, & Autogeek.com.

The short answer is yes, if you are willing to incur the cost.

@yuduk, OP lives 30 minutes from Granger so his question make sense. I agree that if you live an significant distance from your dealer it’s best to get you detailing done closer to home.
Thank you for letting me know where this conversation is occurring. Search feature here is not so great. I will educate myself over there. Thanks everyone for your comments. It is very helpful. I have some time, so I can let Zach know what I am going to do. What I will not do is drive back to Houston in the fall. I use to live in Chicago, so when I moved I said I would never see snow again. :cool:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If I end up ordering from Zach I'll likely pick up on my trailer but since it's a flatbed I'll use track armor on it. A couple of local shops I trust for PPF and one for paint correction and ceramic. Just over 2 hours away.
Sponsored