Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty from Granger Ford

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi all,

As some of you may know, Granger offers the ESP plan at dealer cost this month https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Has anybody pulled the trigger on this yet and which plan did you go with and what extras (rental, key service, lighting) did you get?

I'm thinking the 10 year Premium Care (my car is a 2021 with about 9 months of the 36 month/36k miles warranty left and more on power train) with 48k miles, rental
+ lighting).

I currently have just 4,500 miles on the car (its a secondary vehicle obviously) and with the 7 years and 9 months I'd get out of that warranty, that should be plenty of miles left.

Thank you for your 2 cents!
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Did mine last year while still being within 12 months from new delivery. I did the PremiumCare with key and lighting add-ons. I did the 7 year 60k mileage (I put a little over 7k miles per year). $100 deductible.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I’ve done this for multiple vehicles through Flood Ford, same thing as granger. I also get the premium care, lighting add on, and keys. (It covers lost keys, or used to, so if you want a third key you can go in and just tell them you lost one.)

I always decline rental car, but that’s because we have a lot of cars and I can live without one for however long the repair takes. But if your Mustang is your daily and you don’t have another car the added cost is minimal.

I’ve never lost money on a Ford ESP. Every one has paid for itself, which is good and bad, Great you’re getting your moneys worth out of the warranty, bad that Ford quality kind of requires one.

iceman145

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 / Chassis# 1011 / Oxford White
Just bought one from them a couple days ago. Process was easy and I elected to go with the 20% down and 18 month payments at 0% interest. PremiumCare 10 year and 60K miles for $1450 OTD. My car is a '21 with 8400 miles.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Anyone have issues with ESP if they ever track or do some mods? I currently only have an H-pipe and a catch can, but I'd like to eventually get some track time.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone have issues with ESP if they ever track or do some mods? I currently only have an H-pipe and a catch can, but I'd like to eventually get some track time.
H pipe and catch can shouldn’t cause any issues. Racing will void it. HPDE is a question mark. There’s someone in the 350 section going through hell with the Ford ESP right now for a trans issue (not caused by HPDE issue but being denied because he’s got a roll cage, track stickers, etc). If you have a good dealership that will work with you if something happens at an HPDE, you will probably be ok. If you do, make sure to remove any evidence of track use before going to the dealer no matter if they’ll work with you or not.

Sponsored

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Ford replaced my 10r80 under my ESP. Cost less ESP would have been around $10k. Get it.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
H pipe and catch can shouldn’t cause any issues. Racing will void it. HPDE is a question mark. There’s someone in the 350 section going through hell with the Ford ESP right now for a trans issue (not caused by HPDE issue but being denied because he’s got a roll cage, track stickers, etc). If you have a good dealership that will work with you if something happens at an HPDE, you will probably be ok. If you do, make sure to remove any evidence of track use before going to the dealer no matter if they’ll work with you or not.
It would definitely only be HPDE, but it sounds like you are rolling the dice if you are relying on the goodwill of the dealership. Thanks for the response.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
For the very small price difference between 48k and 60k I think you should move up to 60k instead of adding key service.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Update: Got Premium Care 10Y/60k miles, $0 deductible, Key & Lights. Just one issue could make it pay for itself. Peace of mind. If I sell car privately in the meantime, that should help. If I trade it in, I'll cancel and get back a prorated amount.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Update: Got Premium Care 10Y/60k miles, $0 deductible, Key & Lights. Just one issue could make it pay for itself. Peace of mind. If I sell car privately in the meantime, that should help. If I trade it in, I'll cancel and get back a prorated amount.
Exact same thing here.
Sponsored