Sponsored

PPF Rear Quarters...suggestions?

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Triple Yellow
I've searched the forum and haven't found anything specifically on just the rear quarters in front of the rear wheels considered the impact area and what others have used so I apologize if I missed it. The entire front end of my car is already done so I'm not sure why they didn't at least do those as well so I'd like to know what others have used and how well it's held up. I do plan on installing myself.

I see Xpel has a pre-cut kit and found a few others. PPFnow.com who uses 3M Scotchguard and appears to have more coverage than the Xpel.

Appreciate any advice before ordering a kit.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I had the Xpel rear impact kits installed on all of mine and love it. Also add the foam rock blockers and jaeger bro splash guards. Never too much protection imo

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I've searched the forum and haven't found anything specifically on just the rear quarters in front of the rear wheels considered the impact area and what others have used so I apologize if I missed it. The entire front end of my car is already done so I'm not sure why they didn't at least do those as well so I'd like to know what others have used and how well it's held up. I do plan on installing myself.

I see Xpel has a pre-cut kit and found a few others. PPFnow.com who uses 3M Scotchguard and appears to have more coverage than the Xpel.

Thanks!
I did Xpel precut for the whole car and, yes, that spot is a high impact area. I have scarred the PPF there. I am considering a double PPF in that area only, but I've been told I will end up seeing the line of the PPF. I will probably just leave it.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Here's what that area looks like on the Rented Mule (this is the driver's side) after 16k track miles at the Ford Performance Racing School. The area in front of the rear wheel and on the lower cladding is covered in pock-marks and chips - the rest of the quarter panel is fine.

Dr Qtr Leading Edge 2.jpg

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Thanks!
I got the xpel kit and installed it myself. It wasn't from xpel directly, I had my xpel guy cut the pattern and send it to me. Its not difficult work, just meticulous. The hard part is keeping the dust out.

The xpel cut is sufficient, you don't need any more coverage.

OP
OP
doublea

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Triple Yellow
Thank you everyone for the comments!
Sponsored