Sponsored

SunTek PPF -- Good Price?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Recently got the following quote for SunTek covering. Includes prep and comes with a 5yr warranty. The price is without VAT, but VAT not required.

Seems reasonable from what I've been able to gather from this forum and many other sources.

I welcome input from those with experience with this or other types of paint protection film treatments:

- 990€ ($1100): Hood, bumper, mirrors

- 2500 - 2800€ (2700 - $3000): Complete car (hopefully closer to 2500 than 2800)
Sponsored

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Recently got the following quote for SunTek covering. Includes prep and comes with a 5yr warranty. The price is without VAT, but VAT not required.

Seems reasonable from what I've been able to gather from this forum and many other sources.

I welcome input from those with experience with this or other types of paint protection film treatments:

- 990€ ($1100): Hood, bumper, mirrors

- 2500 - 2800€ (2700 - $3000): Complete car (hopefully closer to 2500 than 2800)
Hope that is wrap edges not just laid on that is is great price go with the suntek or XPEL they are both good Suntek has the complete pattern for your car suntek.com but better to bulk the hood one piece and wrap the rest with .3 wrap.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hope that is wrap edges not just laid on that is is great price go with the suntek or XPEL they are both good Suntek has the complete pattern for your car suntek.com but better to bulk the hood one piece and wrap the rest with .3 wrap.
Thanks. That's reassuring coming from you. SunTek is all they use at this particular place. Another place that's closer uses expel, but they are quite a bit more expensive. Unfortunately, I don't know bulk v. .3 wrap. Can you explain?

Edit: Would also appreciate your experience regarding entire car vs. front end only. Is it worth the extra cost to wrap the entire car?

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I'm torn between Suntek and Expel. There are 2 places close by that have basically the same price but one uses Suntek and one uses Expel. Which one is better? Or are the differences negligible?

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
I'm torn between Suntek and Expel. There are 2 places close by that have basically the same price but one uses Suntek and one uses Expel. Which one is better? Or are the differences negligible?
Suntek ppf-c make sure they use the good stuff like XPEL there are two quality's films the Suntek will give you a more natural finish and when you wax it it gets even better Xpel is also good not the same in the natural light.

Sponsored

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
Check out my GT350 on youtube it's all done everything that is blue and black

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. That's reassuring coming from you. SunTek is all they use at this particular place. Another place that's closer uses expel, but they are quite a bit more expensive. Unfortunately, I don't know bulk v. .3 wrap. Can you explain?

Edit: Would also appreciate your experience regarding entire car vs. front end only. Is it worth the extra cost to wrap the entire car?
Bulk is when we do body panels and don't use the plotter to cut the film we do it custom and leave a 1/2 inch over lap to wrap the edges and if you plan on keeping the car it doesn't show any marks on the car and you don't ever have to wax the car just wash and run enjoy driving your ride while others are still detailing and waxing their car and your ride will look shiny all the time.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Which two shops? I think I know which you are talking about but want to make sure. Im also on the fence but need to schedule the install shortly! Already noticed 2 chips on the front

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Bulk is when we do body panels and don't use the plotter to cut the film we do it custom and leave a 1/2 inch over lap to wrap the edges and if you plan on keeping the car it doesn't show any marks on the car and you don't ever have to wax the car just wash and run enjoy driving your ride while others are still detailing and waxing their car and your ride will look shiny all the time.
Thanks. I'll make sure I ask for the bulk on the hood. Appreciate the advice.

Below are answers to questions I recently asked. Based on a personal recommendation and their answers, I'm convinced that they will do a good job:

1. The film is SunTek, selfhealing PPF, the sun will take out any minor scratches. It is reagular thickness and does not turn yellow. It has 5 years warranty.

2. It takes two days to apply if you want the whole car done. We also need 1 day for the pre work.

3. A brand new car will need a car wash and maybe 1 buffing. It depends if the dealer took to automatic car wash or not. Automatic car wash normally makes swirlmarks that we need to take out.

4. On Thursday 3 March we do clear bra installation on a Mini Cooper. If you want you can stop by and have a look at the work done and ask questions.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'll make sure I ask for the bulk on the hood. Appreciate the advice.

Below are answers to questions I recently asked. Based on a personal recommendation and their answers, I'm convinced that they will do a good job:

1. The film is SunTek, selfhealing PPF, the sun will take out any minor scratches. It is reagular thickness and does not turn yellow. It has 5 years warranty.

2. It takes two days to apply if you want the whole car done. We also need 1 day for the pre work.

3. A brand new car will need a car wash and maybe 1 buffing. It depends if the dealer took to automatic car wash or not. Automatic car wash normally makes swirlmarks that we need to take out.

4. On Thursday 3 March we do clear bra installation on a Mini Cooper. If you want you can stop by and have a look at the work done and ask questions.
So when you getting your car done and I noticed they will give your car a quick buff and clay bar the area's they are going to do.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Which two shops? I think I know which you are talking about but want to make sure. Im also on the fence but need to schedule the install shortly! Already noticed 2 chips on the front
My bad I double checked my emails, one was Suntek and one was ClearGuard Nano. Both were about $2200 for the front bumper, hood, front fenders, and side mirrors. I'll PM you the 2 places because I don't know if they'd want their prices and names public on the forum. Who knows.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So when you getting your car done and I noticed they will give your car a quick buff and clay bar the area's they are going to do.
It's at the port in Baltimore right now, so should be here by the end of the month. The first thing I plan to do is get the entire car done, which is why it'll take 3 days. Place has a great reputation. The only concern I have is that the place is a couple hours up the road. Fortunately, if I get any nicks on the drive, I'm sure they'll do much more than a quick buff; they'll obsess over attention to detail--it's Germany...

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
It's at the port in Baltimore right now, so should be here by the end of the month. The first thing I plan to do is get the entire car done, which is why it'll take 3 days. Place has a great reputation. The only concern I have is that the place is a couple hours up the road. Fortunately, if I get any nicks on the drive, I'm sure they'll do much more than a quick buff; they'll obsess over attention to detail--it's Germany...
Hope you sleep congrats.