PPF/Tint for 19 GT350, Xpel? Cost?

Classic Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 21 Cayman GT4, 2000 Cobra R
#1--Hey guys, just took delivery of a 19 GT350 Magnetic w/ Black stripes. Was quoted $550 to tint windshield 70% and do rest of the car 20% with Xpel XR Plus. Is that a good tint with excellent heat rejection? Decent price? I also can't decide on 55 or 70 for the front windshield....

#2--Same shop is quoting me $1,600 to do Xpel PPF on entire front of the car. It seems like PPF is recommended with this model of Mustang due to paint issues? Is this a decent price for PPF?

#3--Any shop recommendations around Mooresville/Charlotte, NC?
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car. Good times.

#1: $550 for complete tint is similar to CA prices. Some places are even higher than your quote. I am not familiar with Xpel tint, but I assume it's pretty decent. I certainly don't think you are getting ripped off, but Yelp around and get some more quotes.

#2: $1600 for entire front Xpel is also similar to CA pricing. I'd say that is competitive. But again, get some quotes.

#3: Can't help you there.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Seems high for tint to me.

I am getting full front cap Xpel, Xpel in front of the rear tires, tint (no windshield), and Gyeon Duraflex ceramic coat for what you are getting quoted for just tint and front cap. edit- I am going with suntek ceramic tint not the Xpel tint.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $1,500 for the front end PP. it was the newest a best from my research (just came out in March). Can’t remember the name. Front windshield $175 and the rest I think was about 300.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Sounds about right for both the tint and wrap based on Atlanta pricing. Windshield tint is a preference.. I am running 50% on the front and 35% on sides. People who ride in the car do not notice the windshield tinted unless I point it out

Sponsored

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Don't the 19's come with a slight tinting? Did the earlier models not? Mine is lightly tinted.

Got quoted a front clip wrap to 18 inches up the hood, the spot in front of rear wheels, and a few small bits like inside door handles, plus ceramic coatng on whole car including the wheels, and 2 stage paint correction for $2k.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't the 19's come with a slight tinting? Did the earlier models not? Mine is lightly tinted.

Got quoted a front clip wrap to 18 inches up the hood, the spot in front of rear wheels, and a few small bits like inside door handles, plus ceramic coatng on whole car including the wheels, and 2 stage paint correction for $2k.
Do the full hood, if you don't you will regret it. Only place I have a panel not getting fully wrapped is down low in front of the rear wheels. I am hoping it is low enough to not be too noticeable. I'd rather the line from the PPF than all the guaranteed rock chips in that area from the PP2 wheels and tires but I couldn't deal with that long line across the hood.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Do the full hood, if you don't you will regret it. Only place I have a panel not getting fully wrapped is down low in front of the rear wheels. I am hoping it is low enough to not be too noticeable. I'd rather the line from the PPF than all the guaranteed rock chips in that area from the PP2 wheels and tires but I couldn't deal with that long line across the hood.
So, its about the line or the rock chips higher on the hood? I was also curious about the front of the roof line. Does that area get lots of rock chips typically? I assumed front clip and in front of rear wheels were the two main areas to get, but I want to get it done right the first time.

How much does a full car wrap cost? Obviously, that would be ideal. But I assumed it was either cost prohibitive, or I could just repaint it for cheaper.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I did all the areas in red..

- Entire front, mirrors, A Pillars and the roof line
- bottom of doors and front of rear tires and behind

Plus full ceramic.. I think the roof line and pillars is a must (Plenty of bugs and crap in this area).. . Don't see any activity behind the rear wheels.. but see see some evidence of debris , etc. in the area in front of the rear tire.. I should have wrapped the black trunk plate..

fullsizeoutput_b6b.jpeg

Sponsored

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I did all the areas in red..

- Entire front, mirrors, A Pillars and the roof line
- bottom of doors and front of rear tires and behind

Plus full ceramic.. I think the roof line and pillars is a must (Plenty of bugs and crap in this area).. . Don't see any activity behind the rear wheels.. but see see some evidence of debris , etc. in the area in front of the rear tire.. I should have wrapped the black trunk plate..

fullsizeoutput_b6b.jpeg
Price? Did you get any paint correction? Did they ceramic coat the wheels for that price (take them off the car)? Thanks! Just want to evaluate this price I got. I really do want to expand to get all the area you got, but am concerned about the price.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, its about the line or the rock chips higher on the hood? I was also curious about the front of the roof line. Does that area get lots of rock chips typically? I assumed front clip and in front of rear wheels were the two main areas to get, but I want to get it done right the first time.

How much does a full car wrap cost? Obviously, that would be ideal. But I assumed it was either cost prohibitive, or I could just repaint it for cheaper.
The line on the hood looks horrible, there was someone on this forum that did just the front of the hood and fenders and brought his car back immediately and paid for a full front cap. No matter how good your installer is, a partial hood or front fenders looks bad. It shouldn't be that much more to get the full front cap. You also have to draw the line somewhere, a full wrap is $4000, I stopped at about $1500 of Xpel. I am hoping the ceramic coat helps keep the black piece on the trunk from scratching so bad, if not it is an easy and cheap replacement unlike getting a respray.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The line on the hood looks horrible, there was someone on this forum that did just the front of the hood and fenders and brought his car back immediately and paid for a full front cap. No matter how good your installer is, a partial hood or front fenders looks bad. It shouldn't be that much more to get the full front cap. You also have to draw the line somewhere, a full wrap is $4000, I stopped at about $1500 of Xpel. I am hoping the ceramic coat helps keep the black piece on the trunk from scratching so bad, if not it is an easy and cheap replacement unlike getting a respray.
Awesome, thanks for that info. I have now changed my mind on the hood and the back piece due to this thread. I'll have them add that to the quote for sure, and check to see what the A pillars and the roof would be as well.

My first mod was the Jeager Bros front flaps because, my word, the amount of pebbles in that lower railing... I swear, there are small pebbles in my exhaust tips. lol

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks for that info. I have now changed my mind on the hood and the back piece due to this thread. I'll have them add that to the quote for sure, and check to see what the A pillars and the roof would be as well.

My first mod was the Jeager Bros front flaps because, my word, the amount of pebbles in that lower railing... I swear, there are small pebbles in my exhaust tips. lol
First thing I did when I got home was install Rokblokz, the noise from debris flying from the SC2's is anxiety inducing. Well, the steeda jacking rails went on first to make it easier to do the rear rokbloks.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
First thing I did when I got home was install Rokblokz, the noise from debris flying from the SC2's is anxiety inducing. Well, the steeda jacking rails went on first to make it easier to do the rear rokbloks.
I've been looking at those rails. Are they a must to jack up the car for oil changes? I havent even gotten under the car to look for jack points. I assume there arent any?
Sponsored