PPF in MA/CT

Stagger72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Hi all - realize PPF has been covered in length on other threads, but does anyone have any recommendations for install shops in either central MA (Springfield/Worcester) or Fairfield Country, CT (Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, etc.)? Also, given pricing varies by region/product, what should I expect the cost to be for a high impact package (full front, rockers, etc.) vs. full wrap?

I've done some research on shops, but don't know anyone who's done PPF in this area and I received one quote so far but just trying to get a sense of the market plus any recommendations (I don't know anyone who's done PPF around here).

Also, for anyone who's only done a high impact package, any regrets given likely seams, edge of film dirt/maintenance, or mismatch of paint once peeled for non-PPF vs. PPF sections?

And one final one, any questions I should be asking the shop about the install or be thinking about PPF in general specifically related to the gt350 (outside of standard Qs)? Basically a "if I had known at the time, I would have...."

Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Go on the Xpel web site, and look up authorized dealers in your area. At least you'll get a reputable place.

OP
OP
Stagger72

Stagger72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Go on the Xpel web site, and look up authorized dealers in your area. At least you'll get a reputable place.
Thanks, that's a good resource but hoping to find someone that's had a wrap done in the area and can give a good recommendation. Sadly, just because a shop is an authorized dealer, doesn't mean they're good installers.

Sponsored

VBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 CLK320 Convertible
Thanks, that's a good resource but hoping to find someone that's had a wrap done in the area and can give a good recommendation. Sadly, just because a shop is an authorized dealer, doesn't mean they're good installers.
I used Automobilia in CT who is the authorized XPEL installer on my GT PP. they did a really nice job, could not even tell the ppf was there. just did the front bumper kit. Wasn’t a single chip when I traded it for my gt350 Several years later.
http://www.automobiliaautosalon.com/

going to do the same on the gt350 this spring. Looks like there is a kit for stripes that does not cover the stripes.
6BC0D615-8AAB-4EBE-9CE1-26C52499B852.jpeg

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Look for a dealer who's been doing PPF for many years. Generally they should be better experienced, than many of these new detailing shops I've seen pop up over the last 2-3 years. Many of these shops are run by young guys in their 20's to 30, and have just started getting into PPF. No way yet they have the experience to do a proper job. They offer prices sometimes several thousands less than other, more experienced places. But you get what you pay for in the end.
And go and visit these shops. Most will let you walk through, and see their operation. You'll get an instant feel for the quality of their work, by the cleanliness of the place.
And finally, the criteria that sold me on the place I chose:
Seeing the shop filled with Ferrari's, Lambourghini's, etc, some costing over $1 million, I knew this was a place I could trust to properly do a good job.

OP
OP
Stagger72

Stagger72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! That is definitely helpful and makes sense.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi all - realize PPF has been covered in length on other threads, but does anyone have any recommendations for install shops in either central MA (Springfield/Worcester) or Fairfield Country, CT (Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, etc.)? Also, given pricing varies by region/product, what should I expect the cost to be for a high impact package (full front, rockers, etc.) vs. full wrap?

I've done some research on shops, but don't know anyone who's done PPF in this area and I received one quote so far but just trying to get a sense of the market plus any recommendations (I don't know anyone who's done PPF around here).

Also, for anyone who's only done a high impact package, any regrets given likely seams, edge of film dirt/maintenance, or mismatch of paint once peeled for non-PPF vs. PPF sections?

And one final one, any questions I should be asking the shop about the install or be thinking about PPF in general specifically related to the gt350 (outside of standard Qs)? Basically a "if I had known at the time, I would have...."

Thanks for all the help!
Look up Coverup solutions, amazing work, he did my gt350. Look him up on fb and instagram, he usually does exotics majority of the time. In NH, you won't pay sales tax on anything and only about an hour from worcester.

Sponsored

603GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2018 Raptor
Look up Coverup solutions, amazing work, he did my gt350. Look him up on fb and instagram, he usually does exotics majority of the time. In NH, you won't pay sales tax on anything and only about an hour from worcester.
My GT350 is scheduled to go to him next month - glad to see someone on here with a positive experience!

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
He does amazing work. He
My GT350 is scheduled to go to him next month - glad to see someone on here with a positive experience!
You will be very pleased. He did my Explorer ST as well prior. Where abouts are you in NH? You can PM if you prefer. Nice to see someone else local with one.
Sponsored