Sponsored

PP2 Track Update

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Let's refresh first:

First track day was Wild Horse Pass East Track, Chandler, AZ. Outside temps 90+ (NASA)
1.25 miles with 10 turns
- Differential over heating warning light came on, I was coming in after running about 9 laps. Ran 2 more session, warning light did not come on, but I was watching temp gauge now. It was climbing.

Changed tranny and differential fluid to BG 75w - 140.

Second track day was Inde Motorsports Ranch, Wilcox, AZ. Outside temps 80+ (ProAutoSports)
2.6 miles with 18 turns. Raced for 2 days with lots of track time.
- Had no overheating issues

Third track day was Arizona Motorsports Park, Litchfield, AZ. Outside temps, raining and 60-70 degrees (NASA)
2.26 miles with 16 turns. Did 2 sessions probably 15 minutes each
- Had no overheating issues (surprisingly the Cup 2's did very well in the wet).

Fourth track day was Arizona Motorsports Park (again). Outside temps 80+, no rain, woohoo! (Porsche Club)
- Had no overheating issues. Did 2 sessions probably 15 minutes each

Fifth track day was Wild Horse Pass East Track (again). Outside temps 80+ (ProAutoSports)
- Had no overheating issues (remember, first time it did) I did 3 sessions, 12 laps, 9 laps, 9 laps.

I believe the BG Fluid made the difference.

Next track day will be Wild Horse Pass Mondo Track, Chandler, AZ. November 24th if I am in town, suppose to go to N.C, might delay trip by one day so I can race though. Racing is more important, right?
2.5 miles with 23 turns

Mustang GT Performance Pack 2, is awesome, I love it! Still have yet to see another one here in Arizona.

Happy motoring everyone,
Cheers...
Sponsored

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update. You wear out my SC2's yet? Sounds like you are enjoying that thing.
I got 3 sets of Cups now. Yours are just about dead. Thanks again. After I go through all of them I’m upgrading to Hoosier slicks.

Yes, enjoying it lots, as you can tell.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Let's refresh first:

First track day was Wild Horse Pass East Track, Chandler, AZ. Outside temps 90+ (NASA)
1.25 miles with 10 turns
- Differential over heating warning light came on, I was coming in after running about 9 laps. Ran 2 more session, warning light did not come on, but I was watching temp gauge now. It was climbing.

Second track day was Inde Motorsports Ranch, Wilcox, AZ. Outside temps 80+ (ProAutoSports)

Third track day was Arizona Motorsports Park, Litchfield, AZ. Outside temps, raining and 60-70 degrees (NASA)
- Had no overheating issues (surprisingly the Cup 2's did very well in the wet).

Fourth track day was Arizona Motorsports Park (again). Outside temps 80+, no rain, woohoo! (Porsche Club)

Fifth track day was Wild Horse Pass East Track (again). Outside temps 80+ (ProAutoSports)
- Had no overheating issues (remember, first time it did) I did 3 sessions, 12 laps, 9 laps, 9 laps.

Next track day will be Wild Horse Pass Mondo Track, Chandler, AZ. November 24th if I am in town, suppose to go to N.C, might delay trip by one day so I can race though. Racing is more important, right?
2.5 miles with 23 turns

Mustang GT Performance Pack 2, is awesome, I love it! Still have yet to see another one here in Arizona.

Happy motoring everyone,
Cheers...

Thank you for sharing.
Are you thinking about adding any cooling scoops, under the car..? (For more active cooling of those components.)

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Saw your car at the track yesterday. Absolutely stunning! Walked over with my buddy John to check out your sweet ride and say hi but didn’t see ya around.

I’ll be out at Mondo with @JohnAZ and @Vato.

Nice driving by the way.

I used to have diff over heating issues as well and the BG fluid plus wrapping the exhaust near the diff seemed to have cured it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing.
Are you thinking about adding any cooling scoops, under the car..? (For more active cooling of those components.)
I do not plan on it.

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw your car at the track yesterday. Absolutely stunning! Walked over with my buddy John to check out your sweet ride and say hi but didn’t see ya around.

I’ll be out at Mondo with @JohnAZ and @Vato.

Nice driving by the way.

I used to have diff over heating issues as well and the BG fluid plus wrapping the exhaust near the diff seemed to have cured it.
Yes, I saw you there, think you were with the White GT. I was chasing you on the track at one point, seemed we were about even. Is your car stock? As stated above I will try to be at Mondo, that is a fun track.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Yes, I saw you there, think you were with the White GT. I was chasing you on the track at one point, seemed we were about even. Is your car stock? As stated above I will try to be at Mondo, that is a fun track.
Yup with the white GT. Nope not stock. Car has quite a few upgrades focused on track reliability/handling. Suspension, brakes, cooling, and running 305 squared with Hanook RS4s. Really impressed with these tires so far.. lots of grip, predictable at the limit, quite affordable and they last quite a while. I have run them for 5-6 track days so far and they probably have another 3-4 left in them. I do have the ford power pack 1, but that was more due to me needing a handheld programmer to do the crank relearn since I had to replace the clutch. Blew the slave cylinder on a high rpm downshift at AMP a while back.

I have been at Main track and loved it, haven't done Mondo. Really excited for that one.

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else tracking their PP2's, give some feedback? Upgrades you found helpful?

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Like @AlbertD said, I'll be there. I've made some changes to my car recently to help it come up to speed. Albert and John are beasts out there. I'm trying to catch up. My stock GT with some basic mods from Saleen isn't cutting it.

@azelmo I was ridiculously close to placing an order for a PP2 a month or so ago. Instead I decided to just upgrade mine. I added ST-Suspensions ST-XTA coilovers, which are height, dampening, and camber adjustable. I did Hotchkis front and rear adjustable sway bars. I'm about to upgrade the brake fluid to Castrol SRF. I'm doing a mild brake pad upgrade too. It came with a tune from Saleen, axle back exhaust, and a panel filter. I'll be signing up for the orange group.

I know one of my guys is going in his Boss looking stang. My other buddy Ross, @GTPP17 in his S550 is a maybe. We're all planning to pitch a tent with Albert and John. Hope to see you out there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Let's refresh first:

1.25 miles with 10 turns

2.5 miles with 23 turns

Happy motoring everyone,
Cheers...
What is the BG 75w - 140? Which brand is it? Thanks

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Overheat was on a 90+ day. Other runs were done on 80+ or lower. I have no idea, but what differences would the track temperatures be between a 90+ day and a 80+ day. Maybe the BG didn't get the same max temps as your original fluid to reach it's overheat temp as well. I guess you'll find out on your next 90+ track day.

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overheat was on a 90+ day. Other runs were done on 80+ or lower. I have no idea, but what differences would the track temperatures be between a 90+ day and a 80+ day. Maybe the BG didn't get the same max temps as your original fluid to reach it's overheat temp as well. I guess you'll find out on your next 90+ track day.
I wouldn’t think 10 degrees would that big of a difference, but who knows. Right now temps are great here in AZ, will have to wait till June when it starts to heat up again to compare.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Lucky fellow, Snow is suppose to fall tonight so my 17 got a wash today and may not come out of the garage till next April. I hope this snow doesn't stay and I get another two weeks of pleasure driving.
Sponsored