bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
You guys needing cooled seats because it's hot crack me up. I live in GA and have leather in my 15. I barely ever used the cooled seats because quite frankly they doesn't work all that well. With that said, I ordered a PP2 with leather Recaro seats this time because Race Car. ;)
You must have body chemistry like my wife. Getting in a black leather car mid-summer here is instant back sweat to the point where I would have to change shirts. No thanks, I will stick with nice breathable cloth seats (and pay thousands less).

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Looks like the black one at Town East Ford. They pulled it from the lot a while back due to the cold weather. When I was getting my spoiler corrected and splitter on there, they were just getting new SC2's in for it (there were cracks on tires, it was probably 15-25 degrees when they took delivery).

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If I do a base GT with PP1 and magneride, it's 43,685 but if I do the PP2 instead (which already comes with magneride) it's only 44,995 a difference of 810 bux.

Idk if that's a glitch in the calculation, or how it's really supposed to be.

Seems like a no brainer if you're going to get the PP1 + mangeride might as well do the PP2.
Yeah, makes no sense to get a PP1 unless you want the A10.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I like the wheels and the little wing.... I think the double front splitter is horrendous, though. Even the first one, with it's two sharp points, looks bad - so it's not like you can even leave the "extra" one off and recover. Nasty. Hopefully the aftermarket will come to the rescue here.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Any chance a PP2 keeps its resale value like the gt350? I'm think maybe in the short term but after 4 years or so I don't think so.
It won’t! Packaged equipment wont increase the resale, infact you take a huge hit when you sell it! If you really want one, my advice is get the base model with the pp2 or wait for a year and get one way below msrp!

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
It won’t! Packaged equipment wont increase the resale, infact you take a huge hit when you sell it! If you really want one, my advice is get the base model with the pp2 or wait for a year and get one way below msrp!
I think best case scenario the PP2 holds it's value like a Corvette Grand Sport. This is of course depending on how well it does in the magazines.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Well that's totally uninformed BS. Options always add to resale value. In 50yrs at auction do you think people will be bidding more on a base 2018 GT or a GT Premium with PP2? You can bet it's the PP2.

If 2 GT's get totalled do you think the PP2 owner or the Base model owner will get more payout? The PP2 owner will.

Base GT's are a dime a dozen. The PP2 will be looked for by anyone interested in buying a used manual GT and draw a premium over a Base. Not as high as a GT350, and MAYBE not as high as a Bullitt, but it will still pull a premium.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The car in the pic above would look amazing with a set of BMR SP080 springs under it.

:love:

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Well that's totally uninformed BS. Options always add to resale value. In 50yrs at auction do you think people will be bidding more on a base 2018 GT or a GT Premium with PP2? You can bet it's the PP2.

If 2 GT's get totalled do you think the PP2 owner or the Base model owner will get more payout? The PP2 owner will.

Base GT's are a dime a dozen. The PP2 will be looked for by anyone interested in buying a used manual GT and draw a premium over a Base. Not as high as a GT350, and MAYBE not as high as a Bullitt, but it will still pull a premium.
We are comparing it to a GT350 and C7 Grand Sport here. Regular mustangs doesn't matter what package you put on it, will loose their value really bad. If you are only shooting to get couple of hundred dollars back just so you added a package, be my guest. As an example, you will make more money if you swap PP2 wheels with regular ones and sell the wheels separate on ebay.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I like the wheels and the little wing.... I think the double front splitter is horrendous, though. Even the first one, with it's two sharp points, looks bad - so it's not like you can even leave the "extra" one off and recover. Nasty. Hopefully the aftermarket will come to the rescue here.
That double splitter definitely got a big helping of "busy". But since I wouldn't be able to see it from the driver seat, if it's functional on the track it's nowhere near deal-breaker bad.

Norm

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Yeah, makes no sense to get a PP1 unless you want the A10.
The PP2 is attractive but has some not insignificant downsides.

1 - The "splitter on a splitter" doesn't look good. More specifically, it doesn't look professional/OEM. It looks like a poor fitting aftermarket job.

2 - The wheel gap. Most people feel the wheel gap on regular PP1 looks excessive. The PP2 wheel gap is more. Makes the tires/wheels look small. Yes, this could be corrected with any number of lowering springs, but why not either lower ride height, or go with 20" wheels from the facory.

3 - Tires. The tires are great but if your not buying the car primarily as a track car you are probably going to want/need to get some new rubber virtually immediately and save your Cup 2's for track day.

I'm still considering it, and there are definite "pros" but there is a "cons" list as well.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If I got this car the first thing I would do is remove that splitter. Its ugly and will get messed up daily driven. If Im constantly tracking it then Id put it on. Id also remove the tires and either keep them on the side or just sell them. Also the new tires would not be the stock size because the factory tire sizes look really bad. The front tires' sidewalls are taller than the rear. And I would do a minimum bmr style drop to get rid of most of that wheel gap.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You guys needing cooled seats because it's hot crack me up. I live in GA and have leather in my 15. I barely ever used the cooled seats because quite frankly they doesn't work all that well. With that said, I ordered a PP2 with leather Recaro seats this time because Race Car. ;)
It gets pretty hot here where I live. I have cooled seats in my F-150. I never use them. When I turned them on for the first time, it felt like I had pissed my pants. I'll see how they are in the Mustang when it arrives, but I doubt I'll use the feature.
Sponsored